Who made you feel "at home" on TRF when you first joined?

Lorraine

I'm pretty sure the first thread I ever started was asking for everyone's opinion on Snakes and Arrows, an album which a lot of this board seems to really dislike :LOL:

To answer your question, nobody really. Apart from a few people I've come across on here everyone's pretty pleasant. I've probably pissed plenty of people off though with my vocal dislike of the debut, Presto, and RTB :LOL:

I don't feel at home on TRF. It's an internet forum to me, and not really much more than that. Nothing personal to anybody.

Maybe you are never supposed to ever really feel "at home" and I am just old school delusional..... :huh: :codger:

I'm pretty sure the first thread I ever started was asking for everyone's opinion on Snakes and Arrows, an album which a lot of this board seems to really dislike :LOL:

To answer your question, nobody really. Apart from a few people I've come across on here everyone's pretty pleasant. I've probably pissed plenty of people off though with my vocal dislike of the debut, Presto, and RTB :LOL:

:scared: Oh, dear! Snakes & Arrows you say?

I probably turned even more people off when I said I liked the album :D

(I still like Snakes And Arrows)

To each his own! One man's Snakes & Arrows is another man's Vapor Trails!!

But what if one man (me) likes both? :D

• Like 1

:scared: Oh, dear! Snakes & Arrows you say?

I probably turned even more people off when I said I liked the album :D

(I still like Snakes And Arrows)

To each his own! One man's Snakes & Arrows is another man's Vapor Trails!!

But what if one man (me) likes both? :D

I love them both, too.

As for the original question, a gang of gals in the New World Women forum, most of all Lady April :wub:

I don't feel at home on TRF. It's an internet forum to me, and not really much more than that. Nothing personal to anybody.

Maybe you are never supposed to ever really feel "at home" and I am just old school delusional..... :huh: :codger:

I don't feel at home now. My "status" here is precarious at best. Tomorrow I could be an outcast.

Maybe I should have just asked who welcomed you warmly instead of who made you feel at home?

Maybe I should just delete the whole thread a-la Len style?

Maybe we can just use the thread title as a foil and talk about other nonsense?

:( :( :(

• Like 1

There also used to be a guy here named RushAreAwesome who was nice to me in chat. I am not sure what ever became of him though..... :LOL:

RushAreAwesome changed his name Brucey!

Edited by Pars123

though most of the people here are a bunch of smartasses, the people who were the nicest to me when i first joined were Babycat, Your_Lion, and greyfriar.
  • Like 2

There also used to be a guy here named RushAreAwesome who was nice to me in chat. I am not sure what ever became of him though..... :LOL:

Oh sh*t!! Thanks.... :LOL:
  • Like 1

Actually it was TM who made me feel home here (as I mentioned in the say something nice thread). His hyphy, yet open mind in those early Grinder days was priceless and started something strange and very different. Love the guy. :cheers:

After that there were folks like Janie, Lorraine, crimsonfrippy, tgitRs, Your_Lion, GoaR, Steevo (where is he?), goose, troutman, Narpet, Narpzilla, Narpski...Narpinski (?)...Cyclonus X-I, Rodrigo and some European neighbours like H.P.L., Turbine Freight, The Analog Grown-up, bri-tor, Phoenix...and all the others I've forgotten now - you're the most important. All these people gave me the feeling that there are some interesting, special human beings out there in this world. A good feeling it is. Technology high! :smoke: :rush:

• Like 9

Actually it was TM who made me feel home here (as I mentioned in the say something nice thread). His hyphy, yet open mind in those early Grinder days was priceless and started something strange and very different. Love the guy. :cheers:

After that there were folks like Janie, Lorraine, crimsonfrippy, tgitRs, Your_Lion, GoaR, Steevo (where is he?), goose, troutman, Narpet, Narpzilla, Narpski...Narpinski (?)...Cyclonus X-I, Rodrigo and some European neighbours like H.P.L., Turbine Freight, The Analog Grown-up, bri-tor, Phoenix...and all the others I've forgotten now - you're the most important. All these people gave me the feeling that there are some interesting, special human beings out there in this world. A good feeling it is. Technology high! :smoke: :rush:

I'm thinking Narpsberg next..... :goodone: :cheers:
  • Like 1

Perhaps I shouldn't have changed it. Quite a few people here don't see signatures so they won't see "Formerly RushAreAwesome" in my sig. It was a crappy username but at least everyone knew who I was

Perhaps I shouldn't have changed it. Quite a few people here don't see signatures so they won't see "Formerly RushAreAwesome" in my sig. It was a crappy username but at least everyone knew who I was

I know who you are (and who you were). I thought Narps was joking.

And Brucey is better than RushAreAwesome. While it might have sounded nice, it was awkward to address you personally.

Edited by Lorraine

Not to mention that people might now think you actually like Springsteen. :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

• Like 1

I would've recommended a change to RushAreAwezilla or RushAreAweski, something a little more similar. :D

• Like 5

I was. Sometimes I just get tired of adding the symbols. I would never not know who Brucey FKA RushAreAwesome is. I will give a free bowl of soup to anyone who knows what my original user name was?.... :huh:

I know he was (I think), but other people here have said the same thing but seriously. Perhaps I could create a poll - "RushAreAwesome or Brucey?"

Greyfriar, HPL, Rodrigo, Losingit2k (we actually talk), TonyR, CygnusGal, default236, drgrendel, motorshooter, KW84, bherit, animate, ricknbacker,and others provided encouragement for my creative writing. That was so inviting.

Later, SwS, Lorraine, and TLIYE fed off the Energy of being creative on this site. I really wish we could all get together, eat good food, and jam!

• Like 4

I know he was (I think), but other people here have said the same thing but seriously. Perhaps I could create a poll - "RushAreAwesome or Brucey?"

Its still in your signature :LOL: maybe you should do the poll to get the word out to the masses......

Not to mention that people might now think you actually like Springsteen. :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

I hadn't thought of that. Okay, that's reason enough to change it back!

• Like 1

Greyfriar, HPL, Rodrigo, Losingit2k (we actually talk), TonyR, CygnusGal, default236, drgrendel, motorshooter, KW84, bherit, animate, ricknbacker,and others provided encouragement for my creative writing. That was so inviting.

Later, SwS, Lorraine, and TLIYE fed off the Energy of being creative on this site. I really wish we could all get together, eat good food, and jam!

Since I don't play any instruments, I will just eat the good food while the rest of you jam!

Seriously though, I wish we all, the TRF misfits, could get together. Goatnut is beautiful this time of year. I know that from the picture in the brochure the Chamber of Commerce publishes.

Personally, I think it is pitiful to be a misfit among misfits, but at least I am not alone in either thinking or feeling that way here.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Honorable mention goes to TM for quizzing me in chat early on to attempt to see if I was for real or not and a "real" Rush fan. That's what it seemed like anyway and he probably doesn't even remember doing it..... :)

I do...I remember telling you to turn in your Rush card over something trivial (probably the out and out knob worship over Tai Shan). But, really itcwas in jest

• Like 1

Special props to Grey though. I have a nice photo, buttons, Rush memorabilia, and a thoughtful handwritten letter from him. Oh, and the memory of my mother and I eating the german sausage, pickles, booze—and best of all—the chocolate!

Please come to America friend. There's a place at the shire for you!

• Like 1