The Spirit of Radio vs. Natural Science

Lorraine

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better of the two songs?

• The Spirit of Radio
    • Natural Science

TSOR. Even though I like Natural Science, it wasn't close for me. Better vocals, better lyrics, better playing, better song.

Better vocals - about even

better lyrics - no

better playing - hell no

better song - maybe

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 2

I wonder how I did that? Enable us to vote for both? In that case, I will vote for TSOR too! :LOL:

Edited to add that I saw what I did wrong when I set the poll up and fixed it. Now only one vote is allowed. I hope.

Edited by Lorraine

I wonder how I did that? Enable us to vote for both? In that case, I will vote for TSOR too! :LOL:

Edited to add that I saw what I did wrong when I set the poll up and fixed it. Now only one vote is allowed. I hope.

In that case, I have to abstain! :LOL:

Natural Science is a fantastic song. But I voted for TSOR. Not only does it have everything going for it, the subject matter is/was something that hit close to the heart for me, as I worked for several years in (college) radio.
  • Like 2

Natural Science is a fantastic song. But I voted for TSOR. Not only does it have everything going for it, the subject matter is/was something that hit close to the heart for me, as I worked for several years in (college) radio.

So you're admitting that you have personal bias?

Uh, what? I have a personal preference for one song over the other. I'm not sure where "bias" comes into play.

I love Natural Science... but I can't not vote for TSOR. Yeah, I get it is overplayed on radio (gee, I wonder why radio types would want to play it so much!?), but it is also, in my mind, a quintessential Rush song and inspires good memories. To this day, TSOR still reminds me of the good ol' days of rock radio, back before the corporate suits destroyed it (something Neil actually predicted in the song). I miss K-SHE 95 in my native St. Louis. KMOX and Cardinal games were the soundtrack of my summers... but K-SHE 95 was the soundtrack of my overall youth. There used to be a genuine magic about radio. So, for nostalgia alone.... TSOR.

Uh, what? I have a personal preference for one song over the other. I'm not sure where "bias" comes into play.

You worked for radio therefore it's a "bias"...you can't vote for Spirit of Radio becuase it's a conflict of interest.

I guess I have to use this now... ;)

You worked for radio therefore it's a "bias"...you can't vote for Spirit of Radio becuase it's a conflict of interest.

I guess I have to use this now... ;)

I worked for a college radio station (a couple of them, actually) which meant I could play whatever the f*ck I wanted to, and labels had zero control over our playlists. It was quite refreshing. And also made me realize I could never work in commercial radio.

I also worked there at a time when I wasn't listening to Rush at all, fwiw.