Awesome Star Trek gifs

tx_rush

Here's a bold statement.

Season for season, Enterprise is just as good as DS9.

Seasons 1 and 2 are shaky... maybe a little sub par for Trek. Season 3 begins to find its footing and develop an identity. Season 4 is simply fantastic, aside from the finale.

It's just too bad Enterprise never got seasons 5, 6 and 7.

As hard as it may be to disagree with anybody with a Bones avatar I gotta' do just that now.

I tried to get into Enterprise, and I mean really tried but I just didn't like it. The acting is crappy, the production is really shoddy (this was very surprising considering the level of quality all the previous shows had- even the almost as equally terrible Voyager), the writing wasn't even all that great. I thought some things they did they almost shouldn't have- like revisit the borg orb from First Contact. Leave the borg in the 24th century and worry about making your own show better first. And while it was great to see the great Brent Spiner again the episodes he were in just seemed to drag, and that should never happen when he's on board.

In contrast, DS9's first 2 seasons blow any episode of any season of Enterprise away. Take the very first episode "The Emissary". The acting, writing.. the whole thing is just so good. The Odo / Quark relationship alone is stronger than any you'll find on Enterprise. Nothing in Enterprise's first 2 seasons compares to the Kai Winn brainwash / assassination attempt / blow up the school on the promenade plot. No enemy on Enterprise can hold Gul Dukat's jock.

And season for season?? C'mon, what in all of Enterprise's 4th season catalog amounts to even a waft of a fart from the likes of The Visitor?

Honestly, the only member of Enterprise who was good at all was Trip (and maybe Hoshi). And of course they ended up killing him off. That being said, I thought they really gave all those actors a giant F-U with that final episode. If they did that to DS9 heads woulda' rolled, regardless of how awesome Riker is.

Edited by Del_Duio

Here's a bold statement.

Seasons 1 and 2 are shaky... maybe a little sub par for Trek. Season 3 begins to find its footing and develop an identity. Season 4 is simply fantastic, aside from the finale.

I never quite got into Enterprise either. Just what was it that Trip was supposed to give birth to again? :unsure:

• Like 1

Here's a bold statement.

I never quite got into Enterprise either. Just what was it that Trip was supposed to give birth to again? :unsure:

You're not alone. The worst part of it all is that the Voyager / Enterprise tag team was likely the death knell for any future ST TV series*, what a shame :(

*With a side order of Nemesis

Here's a bold statement.

You're not alone. The worst part of it all is that the Voyager / Enterprise tag team was likely the death knell for any future ST TV series*, what a shame :(

What was the Voyager/Enterprise tag team about? Wasn't Nemesis about a clone Picard?

Here's a bold statement.

What was the Voyager/Enterprise tag team about? Wasn't Nemesis about a clone Picard?

I just mean both of those series were pretty bad, so they likely won't make another TV series for Star Trek again. Or in a very long time.

Nemesis was about a clone Picard, that's true, but it's a terrible ST movie and a disgusting send off for the TNG crew who deserved much better.

Here's a bold statement.

I just mean both of those series were pretty bad, so they likely won't make another TV series for Star Trek again. Or in a very long time.

Nemesis was about a clone Picard, that's true, but it's a terrible ST movie and a disgusting send off for the TNG crew who deserved much better.

If Nemesis is what I think it's about, then I think Data deserved much better than Brent Spiner suggesting that Data would be killed off. Tw*t.

I think if they were able to get a good strong captain again, someone like Patrick Stewart that it could work. They need to get back to the original idea. DS9 worked well even though it was a stationary space station rather than a starship. At least they had aliens coming and going all the time. They had a great cast as well.

Saw another really good DS9 episode from S4 the other day that I had completely forgot about:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Rules_of_Engagement_(episode)

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120412214606/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/3/35/Worf_at_his_hearing.jpg/292px-Worf_at_his_hearing.jpg

Saw another really good DS9 episode from S4 the other day that I had completely forgot about:

http://en.memory-alp...ement_(episode)

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120412214606/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/3/35/Worf_at_his_hearing.jpg/292px-Worf_at_his_hearing.jpg

I remember that one. Klingon episodes are always some of the better shows.

• Like 2

The only exceptions being the ones that involve Alexander Roshenko. :P

They weren't that bad. Except for that weird one with Lwaxana Troi. The higher the fewer....

• Like 1

They weren't that bad. Except for that weird one with Lwaxana Troi. The higher the fewer....

I know EXACTLY which one you're talking about, it was utter crap!

It's smack dab in the middle of season 5 which is otherwise incredible (TNG). With the weird floating ball / head thing and it ends up with Worf in a mud bath (no joke).

The writing, the acting, the whole thing is terrible. It might be my least favorite TNG of all. I take that back, it IS my least favorite episode.

Nothing like the Duras arc they had going for awhile, with Picard as the Cha'dich.

P.S: There was exactly one good episode with Alexander though. The one where he travels back through time as an adult to present day TNG to try and get his younger self to want to be a warrior. This was because he was unable to help Worf later on and he ended up getting killed because of it. Good stuff!

It's smack dab in the middle of season 5 which is otherwise incredible (TNG). With the weird floating ball / head thing and it ends up with Worf in a mud bath (no joke).

The writing, the acting, the whole thing is terrible. It might be my least favorite TNG of all. I take that back, it IS my least favorite episode.

Nothing like the Duras arc they had going for awhile, with Picard as the Cha'dich.

P.S: There was exactly one good episode with Alexander though. The one where he travels back through time as an adult to present day TNG to try and get his younger self to want to be a warrior. This was because he was unable to help Worf later on and he ended up getting killed because of it. Good stuff!

Right, that was a good episode. I think it was called Firstborn.

I think my least favorite episode is the stinker from season one called Angel One where they had to go down to the planet run by women. The outfits they had to wear were atrocious. :LOL:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-w7lmmC-VFag/Ui0KSAXx2TI/AAAAAAAABiY/P9UqRh2sJrQ/s1600/ST+TNG+Duras.gif

:haz: :haz:

• Like 2

http://gifs.gifbin.com/g655115633g6.gif

Yeah, that Duras was a real B'ockth-A'oh for sure.......!!

[b'ockth-A'oh: Klingon for "dooshbag"]

• Like 1

Right, that was a good episode. I think it was called Firstborn.

I think my least favorite episode is the stinker from season one called Angel One where they had to go down to the planet run by women. The outfits they had to wear were atrocious. :LOL:

Good golly - that was a stinker! :P