Best Song from Worst Album?

antiquark

Sort of a poll... choose your least-liked album. What was the best song on it?

Because I want to avoid all the answers being "Working Man" you're not allowed to refer to the first album!

I'll start... my vote is The Big Money.

What was the album?...
  • Like 1

Because I want to avoid all the answers being "Working Man" you're not allowed to refer to the first album!

I wouldn't have picked the first album anyway. I love it.

Vapor Trails - Secret Touch

• Like 2

My least favorite album is either Vapor Trails or Roll the Bones depending on my mood and level of tolerance for poor sound quality, so my answer to this at a given moment would be either Earthshine or... You Bet Your Life. :|
  • Like 1

Worst album: Hold Your Fire

Best song: Tai Shai (I guess? Simply because it sounds different than all the others.)

http://iheartguitarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/1w58.jpg

I've posted before about this, but HYF was the album that caused me to stop listening to Rush for about 15 years. It was not at all the Rush I had come to know and love during the first half of the 80s (I discovered the band in 1980 and loved everything they did from FBN to p/g). I didn't care for Power Windows when it was released but gave them another chance. When HYF came out it meant my favourite band, the band who had previously released a lot of hard, complex, and non-mainstream music was now playing middle-of-the road mainstream pop which I did not like at all, and I had no reason to believe they would ever stop playing that sort of music, so I stopped listening to them.

So yeah, I like zero songs on HYF.

• Like 3

Best song: Tai Shai (I guess? Simply because it sounds different than all the others.)

I've posted before about this, but HYF was the album that caused me to stop listening to Rush for about 15 years. It was not at all the Rush I had come to know and love during the first half of the 80s (I discovered the band in 1980 and loved everything they did from FBN to p/g). I didn't care for Power Windows when it was released but gave them another chance. When HYF came out it meant my favourite band, the band who had previously released a lot of hard, complex, and non-mainstream music was now playing middle-of-the road mainstream pop which I did not like at all, and I had no reason to believe they would ever stop playing that sort of music, so I stopped listening to them.

Signed Narpski (3 months ago)...

Thank you for explaining. Funny how different opinions can be. HYF is one of my favorites :)

• Like 1

You liked Mission right?

You liked Mission right?

I did. I knew of Force Ten, Time Stand Still and I liked Mission before the past month or two....