WITCH HUNT: Which TRF Member Is Next At The Stake?

TRF Rush not a poll

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 WorkingAllTheTime

WorkingAllTheTime

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 2018 posts
  • Interests:Writing code for the priests of Syrinx.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostNarpski, on 08 September 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

View PostWorkingAllTheTime, on 08 September 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Sooooo..... as someone fairly new to the forum (and someone who is well aware that his words can have a bit of a sting to them - something I often lament).... am I understanding this correctly.... is the forum a bit of a Lord of the Flies routine from time-to-time?

Anyway, I am down with the occasional heated argument... but not too much down with picking on people (mostly because I left middle school a long, long, LONG time ago).

With that, if I ever offend anyone, please, feel free to offer the screen a particular finger and throw out a few obscenities.  Trust me, I won't be offended.  Frankly, sometimes I deserve it... sometimes....
I am not sure what the Lord Of The Flies has to do with this I think I was made to read it a million years ago and don't really remember what it was about. On a personal note I have tried my @ss off to never offend anyone around here but it will and has happened anyway. Perception is a real tough thing to avoid I have learned in this medium especially. Even more so than in real life it seems... :huh: :)

Actually, of all the things you have posted (and there are many I have agreed with, official "like" or not), the final part of your signature is something that still makes me smile.... "There is a 90% chance I am a jerk."    Priceless.  I can totally relate.

Sponsored Post

#42 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27845 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostWorkingAllTheTime, on 08 September 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

View PostNarpski, on 08 September 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Sooooo..... as someone fairly new to the forum (and someone who is well aware that his words can have a bit of a sting to them - something I often lament).... am I understanding this correctly.... is the forum a bit of a Lord of the Flies routine from time-to-time?

Anyway, I am down with the occasional heated argument... but not too much down with picking on people (mostly because I left middle school a long, long, LONG time ago).

With that, if I ever offend anyone, please, feel free to offer the screen a particular finger and throw out a few obscenities.  Trust me, I won't be offended.  Frankly, sometimes I deserve it... sometimes....
I am not sure what the Lord Of The Flies has to do with this I think I was made to read it a million years ago and don't really remember what it was about. On a personal note I have tried my @ss off to never offend anyone around here but it will and has happened anyway. Perception is a real tough thing to avoid I have learned in this medium especially. Even more so than in real life it seems... :huh: :)

Actually, of all the things you have posted (and there are many I have agreed with, official "like" or not), the final part of your signature is something that still makes me smile.... "There is a 90% chance I am a jerk." Priceless.  I can totally relate.
That wasn't always there. I had some inspiration recently on that one..... :)

#43 WorkingAllTheTime

WorkingAllTheTime

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 2018 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 08 September 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

You & me both!  

I also don't understand the thing where people call their friends names and make fun of them.  Sure, I might occasionally give a friend a hard time about something, all in fun, but I"m talking about those who seem to always talk sh*t about those who are supposedly their friends.  Why?  I like saying nice things about people I like.

Here's the thing about my friends (the ones in the real world, not the cyber world).... they know I am opinionated.   But the key there is "opinionated"... opinion... really, that's all any of this is.  Sure, some of us can back our opinions up with more fact, more history, more life experience (translation: us older ones are smarter than those youngins!), but in the end, it's really just opinion.  

For what it's worth... I actually very much so enjoy people... and really enjoy people who love Rush.  So, big picture, I like everyone here.... even Spaghetti Lee... hopefully they like me, too.  But if not.... ummmm.... yeah.... I will lose (counting, formulating... now computing) zero sleep.  It's a fan forum, people!

That said, if I am ever a jerk... call me out on it.... trust me... I am good with it.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime, 08 September 2014 - 03:35 PM.

#44 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27845 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostWorkingAllTheTime, on 08 September 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

You & me both!  

I also don't understand the thing where people call their friends names and make fun of them.  Sure, I might occasionally give a friend a hard time about something, all in fun, but I"m talking about those who seem to always talk sh*t about those who are supposedly their friends.  Why?  I like saying nice things about people I like.

Here's the thing about my friends (the ones in the real world, not the cyber world).... they know I am opinionated.   But the key there is "opinionated"... opinion... really, that's all any of this is.  Sure, some of us can back our opinions up with more fact, more history, more life experience (translation: us older ones are smarter than those youngins!), but in the end, it's really just opinion.  

For what it's worth... I actually very much so enjoy people... and really enjoy people who love Rush.  So, big picture, I like everyone here.... even Spaghetti Lee... hopefully they like me, too.  But if not.... ummmm.... yeah.... I will lose (counting, formulating... now computing) zero sleep.  It's a fan forum, people!

That said, if I am ever a jerk... call me out on it.... trust me... I am good with it.
A Texan can't be all bad.... ;)

#45 WorkingAllTheTime

WorkingAllTheTime

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 2018 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostNarpski, on 08 September 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

You & me both!  

God Bless Texas... not our politics, because that is a mess.... but the rest of the state if pretty freaking awesome.  The music scene is top notch.  The hiking and biking scene is that much better.  Pay me a visit in SA, but give me 72 hours to get you out to Big Bend for a hike and a bike.... you won't regret it.

#46 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27845 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostWorkingAllTheTime, on 08 September 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

You & me both!  

God Bless Texas... not our politics, because that is a mess.... but the rest of the state if pretty freaking awesome.  The music scene is top notch.  The hiking and biking scene is that much better.  Pay me a visit in SA, but give me 72 hours to get you out to Big Bend for a hike and a bike.... you won't regret it.
All my relatives are from there including my parents. I have been there many, many times. My parents currently live in Lufkin and my Uncle in Austin. I will be headed down to Lufkin again probably in mid to late October. I really enjoy Texas. I saw quite a few baseball games in the Astrodome way back in the day when my grandparents lived in Houston....

#47 BigBob

BigBob

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Interests:Mountains, waterfalls, hiking, cosmos, and nature

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

What the hell does this have to do with RUSH?
Aren't the threads in this area suppose to be about RUSH?
If you wan to bitch about other members post it in random samples place.

#48 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 35199 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    Machine Head
    Trivium
    Sonata Arctica
    Jimmy Eat World
    Alter Bridge
    Mekong Delta

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostBigBob, on 09 September 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

What the hell does this have to do with RUSH?
Aren't the threads in this area suppose to be about RUSH?
If you wan to bitch about other members post it in random samples place.

BigBob is right.

Let's talk about Rush and all those fans we cannot stand!

#49 H. P. L.

H. P. L.

Italy's High Protecter of Pooh

• Members *
  • 3081 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

View Postsavagegrace26, on 07 September 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

Pieter Brueghel, Carnival vs Quaresima. Not much of witch-ness in this one.

#50 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20718 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 07 September 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Sure, let's keep driving him away from a community he genuinely cares about...

He's always got a home over a CP. :) I hear someone from here went there recently and tested the waters...no report (that I know of) of how that went. ;)

#51 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5876 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 September 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

View Postx1yyz, on 07 September 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 07 September 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

I think it obvious by now that Zumbi doesn't find this sort of criticism funny, he has spoken up about feeling hurt, and all the polls have led to some fun debate and discussion so why all the rudeness?

I really think its a form of bullying, I don't mind being mocked but time and time again Zumbi has made it clearhe has been offended, and to be truly honest he comes across as a lovely guy and a spirited fan.

We tried to be nice to Zumbi and answer his questions, and we told him exactly why people were making fun of him and that he should stop that.  He didn't care and thought everyone else was wrong, so as far as I am concerned he's brought this upon himself.

Well...one cannot argue with this...

Sure one can. On can argue anything. But is one right? Or maybe the other one is?

#52 JARG

JARG

Pinky Moe

• Members *
  • 20718 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostNarpski, on 08 September 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

View PostWorkingAllTheTime, on 08 September 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

You & me both!  

All my relatives are from there including my parents. I have been there many, many times. My parents currently live in Lufkin and my Uncle in Austin. I will be headed down to Lufkin again probably in mid to late October. I really enjoy Texas. I saw quite a few baseball games in the Astrodome way back in the day when my grandparents lived in Houston....

I grew up in the Hill Country about 50 miles NW of Austin.

#53 Prime Mover and Shaker

Prime Mover and Shaker

SOCN Court Jester

• Members *
  • 10212 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:48 AM

I lived in the Dallas area for about ayear and a half.

NIce folks, but I did meet some stereotypical Texans as well.

#54 Narps

Narps

• Members
  • 27845 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostPrime Mover and Shaker, on 09 September 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

I lived in the Dallas area for about ayear and a half.

NIce folks, but I did meet some stereotypical Texans as well.
I would be curious what that means exactly.... :)

#55 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

triple

Edited by presto123, 09 September 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#56 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

I thought this used to be a Rush board? I don't visit near as often as I used to, but the board really has gone to shit by attention whores and drama queens.....and most of them haven't been a member for more than a year or two. I think the mods really need to step up and take the bull by the horns but that's just me...

Plus, is there any way we can disable the poll option just for a little while....jeez.

Edited by presto123, 09 September 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#57 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

Cupcake Warrior

• Members
  • 35199 posts
  • Interests:Lacuna Coil
    Paradise Lost
    Nightwish
    HIM
    The Gathering
    Within Temptation
    The Juliana Theory
    Machine Head
    Trivium
    Sonata Arctica
    Jimmy Eat World
    Alter Bridge
    Mekong Delta

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:29 PM

View Postpresto123, on 09 September 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

I thought this used to be a Rush board? I don't visit near as often as I used to, but the board really has gone to shit by attention whores and drama queens.....and most of them haven't been a member for more than a year or two. I think the mods really need to step up and take the bull by the horns but that's just me...

Plus, is there any way we can disable the poll option just for a little while....jeez.

Well...aside from the mundane and the humorous, what is there to talk about that suits you?

#58 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3370 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 09 September 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

View Postpresto123, on 09 September 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Well...aside from the mundane and the humorous, what is there to talk about that suits you?

Well...we could talk about how Neil is an ungrateful a##hole or how cute Geddy's butt is or maybe start another song poll thread featuring two songs at a time.....oh wait....nevermind.

Edited by presto123, 09 September 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#59 404-ed!!!

404-ed!!!

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Music, sports, and such

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

View Postsavagegrace26, on 07 September 2014 - 05:45 PM, said:

View PostGeddysMullet, on 07 September 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

If Spaghetti Lee hated the song "Witch Hunt," he would call it "Which C***," wouldn't he.

Yes. What if Spaghetti Lee hated the classics? What would he call them?

Whacking Man
Bi-Whore and the Blow Job
Bastardeel Gay
Xanadoodoo
Hummherqueers
The Pees
La Vaga Suckac*cko
The Sh*t of Retardo
Dumb Sawyerpeepee
WHY WHY SUCK?
Lamelight
The C*minmy Eye
Suckd*ckisions

POINTS!!!!!

#60 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2612 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:34 PM

View PostGeddysMullet, on 07 September 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

If Spaghetti Lee hated the song "Witch Hunt," he would call it "Which C***," wouldn't he.

Naming it Witch C*** would make the song even more orgasmic :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TRF, Rush, not a poll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users