Which Album Would You Say Fans Underrate The Most?

Segue Myles

Most Underrated Album Amongst Fans?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. 2112-MP are exempt as they are generally regarded as indisputable masterpieces:

• Rush
    • Fly By Night
    • Caress Of Steel
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll The Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes And Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

Either Presto, Test For Echo, or Clockwork Angels.

CA? this forum has been kissing it's ass :LOL:

Mick

All dozen or so layers of it......

It used to be one of my favourites...made me the fan that I am...for that I will always love it! And it sounds excellent on headphones.

At a low volume.......i know cause i've tried it.

Mick

I'll trust you on that one..... :LOL:

Mick

It used to be one of my favourites...made me the fan that I am...for that I will always love it! And it sounds excellent on headphones.

Mick

if you listen at a higher volume on headphones......same mush, lol I'm mick i've spoken everybody shut up. ;)

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Agreed. But still better!

• Like 2

Voted for the magnificent HYF which I believe is grossly underrated as it is the end of the synth era. Read the lyrics - they are some of Neal's best. Frankly I love the sound of the album as well and the entire album seems to generate a lot of hate being at the end of the synth era.

That being said, FBN, Presto, S & A, Counterparts & Power Windows all deserve series consideration for the title. FBN is just full of great songs and certainly gets some share of love, just not enough (IMO) given how good it is..

Presto gets slamed by a lot of folks as being "thin" but, like HYF has tremendous lyrics. Very strong album - but not in the same class as HYF & FBN.

S & A is full of very good songs and definitely gets overlooked - but does not get the hate HYF can generate and is not as good as HYF or FBN.

Counterparts gets a lot of love and a lot of hate. Not enough love and not for the right songs IMO. But the album is not on the same class as HYF or FBN. Close but not there.

Power Windows does not get the hate HYF seems to generate from some Rush fans. Its in the same class as HYF & FBN (great) but since it does not seem to get as much hate as HYF and it not as good (very close but not equal) it loses out to HYF.

So HYF it is.

As for the other albums, they either get the correct amount of respect given how good they are (Rush, Signals, Grace Under Pressure, RTB, CA, T4E) or to much love given their quality (CoS, VT).

Mick

Mick

if you listen at a higher volume on headphones......same mush, lol I'm mick i've spoken everybody shut up. ;)

Mick

I've listened to it with the volume at zero. Sounds pretty good.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

Hold Your Fire is an amazing album. I feel like every single song except for Tai Shan is amazing.

I LOVE TAI SHAN

Tai Shan just seems like a shitty version of Xanadu to me...

Hold Your Fire is an amazing album. I feel like every single song except for Tai Shan is amazing.

I LOVE TAI SHAN

Have you heard Xanadu? Haha

:smoke:

Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

Voted for the magnificent HYF which I believe is grossly underrated as it is the end of the synth era. Read the lyrics - they are some of Neal's best. Frankly I love the sound of the album as well and the entire album seems to generate a lot of hate being at the end of the synth era.

That being said, FBN, Presto, S & A, Counterparts & Power Windows all deserve series consideration for the title. FBN is just full of great songs and certainly gets some share of love, just not enough (IMO) given how good it is..

Presto gets slamed by a lot of folks as being "thin" but, like HYF has tremendous lyrics. Very strong album - but not in the same class as HYF & FBN.

S & A is full of very good songs and definitely gets overlooked - but does not get the hate HYF can generate and is not as good as HYF or FBN.

Counterparts gets a lot of love and a lot of hate. Not enough love and not for the right songs IMO. But the album is not on the same class as HYF or FBN. Close but not there.

Power Windows does not get the hate HYF seems to generate from some Rush fans. Its in the same class as HYF & FBN (great) but since it does not seem to get as much hate as HYF and it not as good (very close but not equal) it loses out to HYF.

So HYF it is.

As for the other albums, they either get the correct amount of respect given how good they are (Rush, Signals, Grace Under Pressure, RTB, CA, T4E) or to much love given their quality (CoS, VT).

You seem to have picked virtually every overrated album by the boys...congrats!

I LOVE TAI SHAN

Oh my.

Tai Shan is NOTHING remotely like Xanadu. They are two completely different styles of music, from two very different phases of Rush, from two completely different albums, with completely different lyrical meanings.

In short, I love both songs about equal (yes, I know it sounds absurd, but the whole of HYF is a 10/10 from me), but not comparable to each ither at all.

• Like 1

No doubt about it.

Snakes & Arrows

:)

So you think it should be rated higher than what people tend to say about it? :)

:) No. Much lower. :laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

I will never understand how such a well-produced, written and played album could be so boring! But this is exactly that!

• Like 2

I was going to vote for Fly By Night and Roll The Bones but only one vote is allowed so I went with FBN. I think FBN was overshadowed by the albums that quickly came after it.

Although I have been harsh on RTB, I think of late some of the songs have taken on a more personal meaning. But the weakest songs are to my mind the worst Rush songs ever written.

No doubt about it.

Snakes & Arrows

So you think it should be rated higher than what people tend to say about it? :)

But you said it was under rated. So really the only place to go is up. :D

No doubt about it.

Snakes & Arrows

Or everything else is ridiculously overrated... :)

• Like 1

No doubt about it.

Snakes & Arrows

Or everything else is ridiculously overrated... :)

Good point.

Definitely Test for Echo, I really enjoy it ( even Dog Years) and can't understand why so many put it among their least favourites. Honorable mentions also so to Roll the Bones and Vapor Trails.
  • Like 2