Starting off with a familiar one "The Most Dangerous Game". I remember listening to this one when it was put up earlier, gotta say, some wonderful interplay going on, and I'm a big fan of that guitar solo about 3 minutes into the song. Really cool bass lines as well.

"Angel Of Chrome" is very good musically, but probably the first one that will need some warming up to. I think the vocalist is singing in too low a register for his voice, and would've sounded much better raising the pitch about half an octave overall.

"Spinner's End" is another instant favorite. The vocals are in lower register again but this time they fit extremely well with the music and it sounds awesome.

Very ominous sounding, I'd liken it to a proggy Alice In Chains in a way. The bass guitar is the star of this one to me, but once again, another stellar solo from Mr. JARG

I'll probably never stop gushing over the guitar tone, though. And the vocals fit the song very well.

What do you think of the lead tone on The Most Dangerous Game? If I remember right, that's the only song where I use a single amp/cabinet for the lead...most of the leads use two different amps, but the tone I was getting from the V3M on its own seemed like a really good fit for the lead in the song.

I'll probably never stop gushing over the guitar tone, though. And the vocals fit the song very well.

What do you think of the lead tone on The Most Dangerous Game? If I remember right, that's the only song where I use a single amp/cabinet for the lead...most of the leads use two different amps, but the tone I was getting from the V3M on its own seemed like a really good fit for the lead in the song.

I'll have to listen to it again after I'm done with the album to get it fresh in mind, but if I remember correctly it sounded a lot more vintage than the rest of the songs, and it sounded like it could've come right off of 2112.

"Spinner's End" is another instant favorite.

Spinner's End was somewhere in the middle of the pack for me as far as faves go, but when we got it back from our mixing/mastering guy, it shot up to near the top. It's amazing what a good mix can do for a song to really make it stand out.

You guys are breaking all the "traditional" rules of making an album. All the best songs are on side 2! :D Not to downplay side 1 or anything though

:LOL:

As much as you like the back half of the album more than the front half, rest assured someone else will like the front half more than the back half!

That said, I think Lorraine shares your assessment. :)

Edited by JARG

"A Farewell To The Heart", some more familiarity here of course :P

While he has trouble singing Geddy (as does everybody :D) you guys did a good job. Very clever arrangement of the two songs.

Overall, I think you guys did an awesome job with this album. My current favorites are The Most Dangerous Game, Spinner's End, and East Of Eden. There isn't a single song on here that I don't like, but with some better than others of course.

Excuse me while I go reevaluate my own guitar tone...because that sounded damn fine.

Edited by BowlCity

Thanks again for the review, man! It makes me feel very proud to know that what we did resonates with you on some level.

So...when's the next one coming out? :D

It's all recorded and mixed/mastered. The tentative goal is sometime in November, I think, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it came out before then...perhaps even well before then. ;)

Also, another thing you could do that would be interesting to see is to list the gear each of you guys used on your website.

If you're really interested, I can give you a song-by-song breakdown of the guitar stuff.

Also, another thing you could do that would be interesting to see is to list the gear each of you guys used on your website.

If you're really interested, I can give you a song-by-song breakdown of the guitar stuff.

I am very interested, but if it's a pain in the ass don't worry about it :P