Bra shopping in the US

Hypatia

You'd think at my age I would have figured this out by now, but I can't seem to find a reliable place to get hard to find bra sizes. My band size and cup size are very different and I can rarely find even one bra in my size in a store. I've had the most success with a store called Lady Grace, but their styles are rather boring. Do any of you have suggestions on where to look?

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jul 28 2005, 11:28 AM)
Have you tryed contacting your namesake? I believe she has probable gone thrue a few bras in her lifetime. bolt.gif

Dude, you might wnat to do a little more research before making comments like that, especially in here. cool.gif (I do know who you were referring to though. ph34r.gif )

Hypatia

Here is the first paragraph of that page.

The life of Hypatia was one enriched with a passion for knowledge. Hypatia was the daughter of Theon, who was considered one of the most educated men in Alexandria, Egypt. Theon raised Hypatia in a world of education. Most historians now recognize Hypatia not only as a mathematician and scientist, but also as a philosopher.

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jul 28 2005, 11:36 AM)
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...6234&hl=Hypatia

I did my research tongue.gif

Ok, ok. Just trying to help a fellow Rush brother out. I wouldn't want you attacked in here. wink.gif

.. so asked my son AJ, "What do you want to listen to next?" And he replied, "How about the one with The Camera Eye - I love that wispy middle section" And I started tearing up, cause at that moment I knew my son *really* liked Rush, and..

Wait a second - how'd I wind up in the New World Women forum? Did I click a wrong button or something..

I'm in the BRA thread?!

Abort! Abort!

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Jul 28 2005, 03:18 PM)
.. so asked my son AJ, "What do you want to listen to next?" And he replied, "How about the one with The Camera Eye - I love that wispy middle section" And I started tearing up, cause at that moment I knew my son *really* liked Rush, and..

Wait a second - how'd I wind up in the New World Women forum? Did I click a wrong button or something..

I'm in the BRA thread?!

Abort! Abort!

cool.gif

Schro

laugh.gif

You don't have to go Shro....

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Jul 28 2005, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 28 2005, 03:10 PM)
To hell with the bra.

If you need support, tape those bastards.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...9583406-6304846
Bondage Tape (Black) (For taping breasts up or down.  Wraps around the body and sticks to itself but not to skin or hair, so taking it off doesn't hurt.  Great as a still-lets-you-breathe cleavage enhancer under not too tight stage corsets. Or as a bosom squisher for those cross-dressing Shakespeare girls.)

http://jenellerose.com/htmlpostings/taping.html

Well, that's certainly thinking outside the box! I think I'd go through tape too quickly to make that solution feasible/affordable, though.

Tensor bandages. Reusable.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 28 2005, 03:23 PM)

Hm, ok. How comfortable is this? Ok for all-day "wear?" How long does it take to get taped up?

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Jul 28 2005, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Jul 28 2005, 03:23 PM)

Hm, ok. How comfortable is this? Ok for all-day "wear?" How long does it take to get taped up?

Try it and find out?

I have no idea what your comfort zone is wacko.gif

I'm not particularly hard to fit, I suppose...but I get bras at Victoria's Secret. The "Very Sexy" collection is my favorite. Plenty of support...esp. for the more full-figured gal.

Not that I would know. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 28 2005, 09:05 PM)
I'm not particularly hard to fit, I suppose...but I get bras at Victoria's Secret. The "Very Sexy" collection is my favorite. Plenty of support...esp. for the more full-figured gal.

Not that I would know. ph34r.gif

Ug -- that store is so annoying! They have some really nice stuff but literally don't have a single bra that fits me.

I have the smae problem Hypatia! For years I have had to wear bras that were to big. I am on the very small side. They just dont make any 34 triple A ( I dont care to tell my bra size, there small so what the heck do I care). However I found one recently that fits nearly perfect, was a bigger size than I thought I would need and is pretty comfortable. Its from Playtex, I think its called Nearly there or some cheesy thing like that. Its not an ugly bra but it fits half sizes and almost there. lol. Hanes also has a line of these bras. Walmart carries the Playtex bras for sure but I havent seen the Hanes ones there yet. As for Victorias Secret, they can kiss my lil boobs! They dont carry my size! I cant wear the lil girls bras either cuz they are too tight around. This has been the best solution so far. If you dont have to wear a bra DONT!

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Jul 28 2005, 08:16 PM)
I'm not particularly hard to fit, I suppose...but I get bras at Victoria's Secret.  The "Very Sexy" collection is my favorite.  Plenty of support...esp. for the more full-figured gal.

Not that I would know.  ph34r.gif

Ug -- that store is so annoying! They have some really nice stuff but literally don't have a single bra that fits me.

Victoria rocks! They have more online than they do in the store, but the store has clearance sales cheer.gif

Anyway, have you tried googling it? tongue.gif

No, seriously. Try searching the net for your particular size. See who makes what and where they might have a store near you.

QUOTE (Schro @ Jul 28 2005, 01:18 PM)
.. so asked my son AJ, "What do you want to listen to next?"  And he replied, "How about the one with The Camera Eye - I love that wispy middle section"  And I started tearing up, cause at that moment I knew my son *really* liked Rush, and..

Wait a second - how'd I wind up in the New World Women forum?  Did I click a wrong button or something..

I'm in the BRA thread?!

Abort!  Abort!

cool.gif

Schro

(((Schro)))

So good to see you! bekloppt.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 28 2005, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (Hypatia @ Jul 28 2005, 08:16 PM)
I'm not particularly hard to fit, I suppose...but I get bras at Victoria's Secret.  The "Very Sexy" collection is my favorite.  Plenty of support...esp. for the more full-figured gal.

Not that I would know.  ph34r.gif

Victoria rocks! They have more online than they do in the store, but the store has clearance sales cheer.gif

Anyway, have you tried googling it? tongue.gif

No, seriously. Try searching the net for your particular size. See who makes what and where they might have a store near you.

I love Victorias Secret! Especially the semi annual sales!

Rolinda, that's a very good idea you gave!

Hypatia, I don't know if this will help you, but there are accessories to buy. If you have to make your bra tighter or looser around, they sell individual snaps (I don't know what you call them) that you hook/attach to back and adjust according to your preference.

Victoria rocks!  They have more online than they do in the store, but the store has clearance sales  cheer.gif

Anyway, have you tried googling it?  tongue.gif

No, seriously.  Try searching the net for your particular size.  See who makes what and where they might have a store near you.

Excellent idea Rolinda!! I'm amazed some of you gals can buy bras online. Even when I do find my size there's only about a 50/50 chance it'll fit properly and be fairly comfortable.

ETA: Note to self -- don't do this search at work! (not much privacy and almost all my coworkers are male) oops.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Jul 28 2005, 10:50 PM)
I have the smae problem Hypatia!

I can cetainly empathize, pixey, but my problem is on the other end of the scale -- there's no way I can go without a bra in public.

QUOTE (Daylin @ Jul 29 2005, 12:08 AM)
Hypatia, I don't know if this will help you, but there are accessories to buy. If you have to make your bra tighter or looser around, they sell individual snaps (I don't know what you call them) that you hook/attach to back and adjust according to your preference.

Another good suggestion! I've seen the little clip things that will give a larger band size, but I haven't seen one that'll make a band size smaller. My problem is with getting a big enough cup size for a small band size, not the other way around. I've considered altering larger banded bras to reduce the band size, but I was hoping for a easier solution. Maybe this is it!

QUOTE (Hypatia @ Jul 29 2005, 05:23 AM)
Victoria rocks!  They have more online than they do in the store, but the store has clearance sales  cheer.gif

Anyway, have you tried googling it?  tongue.gif

No, seriously.  Try searching the net for your particular size.  See who makes what and where they might have a store near you.

Excellent idea Rolinda!! I'm amazed some of you gals can buy bras online. Even when I do find my size there's only about a 50/50 chance it'll fit properly and be fairly comfortable.

ETA: Note to self -- don't do this search at work! (not much privacy and almost all my coworkers are male) oops.gif

rofl3.gif

Archived