My son's original music

GhostGirl

My son has written some music. I just wanted to share his link on bandcamp - he would love it if some of you musician types checked it out.

:)

http://kerryjoiner.bandcamp.com/album/overthinking-ep

My son has written some music. I just wanted to share his link on bandcamp - he would love it if some of you musician types checked it out.

http://kerryjoiner.b...overthinking-ep

Link is broken!

http://kerryjoiner.b...overthinking-ep

Link is broken!

I think I fixed it...

http://kerryjoiner.bandcamp.com/album/overthinking-ep

Actually,listening to it briefly i don't really hear too much symphonic metal, and in fact for the opening part of the first track was immediately reminded for some reason of Kate Bush circa Red Shoes era when she was using the fairlight synth (this is a VERY good thing by the way).

I think his material is generally good, with transitions well thought out and syncopation smooth.

A little piece of constructive criticism, and its just personal taste...the keyboard sounds are lush and smooth and personally I feel the guitar tone is a bit thin and nasally....I would like to hear a bit more compression and perhaps eqd to remove some of the hissiness..also, if he can, try obtaining a drum machine that is a little more human sounding...garageband for mac and mixcraft for windows have pretty decent ones and they are cheap.

very good effort all round, he is way ahead of where I was at his age. (not meant to sound patronising)

Actually,listening to it briefly i don't really hear too much symphonic metal, and in fact for the opening part of the first track was immediately reminded for some reason of Kate Bush circa Red Shoes era when she was using the fairlight synth (this is a VERY good thing by the way).

I think his material is generally good, with transitions well thought out and syncopation smooth.

A little piece of constructive criticism, and its just personal taste...the keyboard sounds are lush and smooth and personally I feel the guitar tone is a bit thin and nasally....I would like to hear a bit more compression and perhaps eqd to remove some of the hissiness..also, if he can, try obtaining a drum machine that is a little more human sounding...garageband for mac and mixcraft for windows have pretty decent ones and they are cheap.

very good effort all round, he is way ahead of where I was at his age. (not meant to sound patronising)

I tried to remove the tag but I don't know how. I just copied what he put on bandcamp. I think further into some of the pieces he has more "metal-ish" stuff. But anyway.

He uses Mixcraft, actually.

I'll let him read what you wrote, thanks for listening.

I tried to remove the tag but I don't know how. I just copied what he put on bandcamp. I think further into some of the pieces he has more "metal-ish" stuff. But anyway.

He uses Mixcraft, actually.

I'll let him read what you wrote, thanks for listening.

Funny, I've started using Mixcaft and my kit sounds a bit different to his.....Itend to use the stadium heavy metal kit for everything as to my ears it is the most realistic, but personal choice really...If this is what he is doing now,he has a good future ahead of him.

Stylistically, it's not my thing, but your son has a monster sense of rhythm. He's a very tight player.

Cool! :)