Power Windows makes the 25 worst album covers list on Yahoo

circumstantial tree

I like the album (and it was my first tour), but I never thought it was one of their best ones. The character in the picture is not anything nice to look at.

I like the album (and it was my first tour), but I never thought it was one of their best ones. The character in the picture is not anything nice to look at.

The character isn't supposed to be pretty, I don't think. The picture is supposed to be a bleak statement on modern life, and the metaphor of the remote against the world outside was apparently lost on whoever made this list.

• Like 4

Speaking of that album cover, one time I was wearing my Power Windows shirt at school and my friend asked me what that guy is looking out the window for and my other friend said "a better haircut." I guess his hair is the worst part of the whole cover, but it's really not bad.
  • Like 4

This isn't worse?.... :huh:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/Rush_Hold_Your_Fire.jpg

• Like 3

Or this?.... :huh:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/Hallandoatesselftitledcover.jpg

• Like 3

Slideshow. The #1 way to turn 1 page of content into 25 clicks.

I didn't even bother. I'm sure they missed all the power windows puns in the cover art though..

The character isn't supposed to be pretty, I don't think. The picture is supposed to be a bleak statement on modern life, and the metaphor of the remote against the world outside was apparently lost on whoever made this list.

He's also using the remote to open the window. It's a powered window. The TVs are another form of power windows

• Like 1

I understand the concept behind the album cover on Power Windows, but why does the character look like that necessarily. I thought the back cover would have made the better front cover. I have the front cover Power Windows tshirt someplace. Too small for me to wear now though.

Oh, and the Hold Your Fire cover I think is good. I think it's more about the brilliant red cover than the imagery. With imagery on it, it would have been too much to look at. The red makes up for it and was very eye catching amongst all the other albums in the bin at the store.

• Like 2

Seems a stretch to put PoW among the worst album covers of all time, but I've always thought it the worst Rush cover easily. Hated the weird Howard Jones teen from the beginning (and I did think of Howard Jones immediately, who was kind of big at the time). I thought, "Am I supposed to identify with this dork?" I didn't want to so didn't buy the album. Rush survived nevertheless :cool: .

http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/9/2/9/22929.jpg

This guy looks like the inspiration for (Ron Burgundy's) Brian Fantana. Classic.

• Like 1