Should Geddy make another solo album?

YYZumbi

I am gonna say no....

Yeah. MFH was decent but I don't want something like that interfering with the band, especially at a time this close to the end of the band's life. I would be happy to see post-Rush solo stuff but not right now.

I am gonna say no....

Yeah. MFH was decent but I don't want something like that interfering with the band, especially at a time this close to the end of the band's life. I would be happy to see post-Rush solo stuff but not right now.

This^^^^^^.... Lets get at least one more "great" Rush record. Its been a while...
  • Like 1

I am gonna say no....

It worked great for Kiss back in the day so. Maybe they can release them all at the same time.... :huh: Edited by Narpski

No to me Ged and Alex's solo albums only proved these guys are only magic as a unit. Neither solo album left any impression sorry to say.

I haven't put either on in a stone age though.

Mick

Your assignment for tomorrow if you choose to accept it is to give them a spin and then Vapor Trails and do up a compare and contrast of each one and post in What Albums You Listened To Today. I would be interested to get your impressions and opinions on each and how they compare. Thanks in advance....
  • Like 2

No to me Ged and Alex's solo albums only proved these guys are only magic as a unit. Neither solo album left any impression sorry to say.

I haven't put either on in a stone age though.

Mick

Your assignment for tomorrow if you choose to accept it is to give them a spin and then Vapor Trails and do up a compare and contrast of each one and post in What Albums You Listened To Today. I would be interested to get your impressions and opinions on each and how they compare. Thanks in advance....

Annnnnnd................off i go. Thoughts at some point tomorrow.

Mick

My Favorite Headache is easier to listen to than Vapor Trails. Some of the songwriting is stronger too.

Your post has some irony for me due to what happens when I listen to Vapor Trails and Ged's solo album title....
  • Like 1

My Favorite Headache is easier to listen to than Vapor Trails. Some of the songwriting is stronger too.

Your post has some irony for me due to what happens when I listen to Vapor Trails and Ged's solo album title....

Have you listened to My Favorite Headache?

A few times. I will admit that I don't own it however....
  • Like 1

Same. It's decent, but the band clearly works better as a unit. Hence why I think MFH was a good thing to do then but not now when the band is already functioning as a unit.
  • Like 2

Do you want my copy? I don't think I've played it in over 7 years...

Though I have revisited a few of the songs on youtube here and there.

Edited by savagegrace26

I like some of the songs on My Favorite Headache but to be honest I've never listed to Alex's album. I heard it wasn't that great so I didn't bother. I'll probably check it out at some point down the road just to say I've heard it.

As far as whether Geddy should do another? I don't think so. The songs on MFH were decent and can pass for some of the more so-so Rush songs but that's all I can say about it.

• Like 1

I really like My Favorite Headache and would welcome more Geddy solo albums as long as he can fit them into the Rush schedule without delaying the Rush schedule.

He would have to swap out Blue Jays time. Maybe in the offseason.

Edited by savagegrace26

When it comes to rush albums the schedule is pretty thin id love another one from Ged, MFH was utterly brilliant, like rush on valium. Clear to see who the main song arranging dynamo is in the band. Al might be the greatest and most imaginative rock guitarist there'll ever be but pretty sure Ged puts it all together.