Official 2014 SEC Thread

Mystic Rythm

Gamecocks not looking like a top ten, or 25, team and Ole Miss barely staying ahead of Boise State with the most experienced QB in the SEC.

My beloved Hogs are still in a rebuilding season.

What will the SEC look like this year?????????

Too easy for All-barn there.

West Virginia looking good, so far!

What's the over/under on that Auburn game?

Based on week 1, Georgia is clearly the dominant team in the East, and Texas A&M and Auburn will vie for the West. Alabama has issues in defense.

I see where LSU came back and won, like they always do, so obviously they can't be counted out.

Florida's game is postponed indefinitely.

Week one down. I think just about every team performed either below expectations or above expectations. Can't think of a single team that drove a straight nail. A&M looked much better than expected while SC didn't. Auburn may be the closest team to meet expectations but they have defensive issues too. (at least for the first half ;) )

Predictions:

West: Auburn or LSU

East: Georgia

Week one down. I think just about every team performed either below expectations or above expectations. Can't think of a single team that drove a straight nail. A&M looked much better than expected while SC didn't. Auburn may be the closest team to meet expectations but they have defensive issues too. (at least for the first half ;) )

Predictions:

SC went out and laid a giant rotten egg.

Fortunately, it counts as just one loss, no matter how bad the beating was.

IF SC can get it together on defense (which I imagine means scrapping whatever it was they thought they were doing in defensive schemes and changing to something very different), then SC still has a chance of having a good year. If not . . .well, going to be a long sad season in Gamecock country.

Regardless of what SC does or does not do the rest of the way, I still think it is premature to award the SEC East crown to Georgia. Several other teams in the SEC East might have something to say about that.

We shall have to see how it plays out on the field.

As for the West: it is up for grabs among several different teams.

Normally, I'd root for Clem5on. But, since we lost, I have to root for Georgia, so the Clem5on fans will shut up.

I think the Clemson fans have shut up.

Neither SC nor Clemson fans have any room to do any trash talking after their respective opening game embarrassments.

Predictions:

IF SC can get it together on defense (which I imagine means scrapping whatever it was they thought they were doing in defensive schemes and changing to something very different), then SC still has a chance of having a good year. If not . . .well, going to be a long sad season in Gamecock country.

Regardless of what SC does or does not do the rest of the way, I still think it is premature to award the SEC East crown to Georgia. Several other teams in the SEC East might have something to say about that.

A&M could end up winning the SEC

Vandy has, disappointingly for me, apparently returned to the old pitiful doormat of old. Just goes to show what a difference a Head Coach can make. James Franklin coached Vandy to 3 really good seasons the past three years. Now he has departed, and with his departure Vandy seems to have reverted back to the joke of the SEC form it all too often has held in its history.

They actually looked pretty good vs Auburn for a half. I don't think they'll be awful though it will likely be hard to tell by their record.

Predictions:

Yes, that is a possibility.

It seems a much greater possibility to me now, after they opened that can of whoop-ass on SC, than it did before the season.

But, of course it is still very early in the season. Lots of football to be played yet . . . .

Predictions:

Yes, that is a possibility.

It seems a much greater possibility to me now, after they opened that can of whoop-ass on SC, than it did before the season.

But, of course it is still very early in the season. Lots of football to be played yet . . . .

They actually looked pretty good vs Auburn for a half.

Yeah, that game was in doubt for quite some time.

Things eventually went Auburn's way, and that was that.

But it was no gross mismatch at all.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

I think Kentucky may be for real this year. We struggle with them, every time, or lose, in Lexington, and a similar Faye could be in store, this year.

After week 2, one would still have to guess aTm vs. Ugay in the championship game.