New kid on the block!

gomez2112

Hi all you Rushians!! I have just joined and looking forward to hearing from fellow fans.

I am a British Army Officer serving in Germany, I am a young 39 year old Rushian who is looking forwrd to the next Rush tour!

Hope to hear from someone at least! wub.gif

QUOTE (gomez2112 @ Jul 28 2005, 06:36 AM)
Good where abouts in Germany I am in sunny Gutersloh, it is well hot at the moment

smile.gif He is in Paderborn....... wink.gif ..Wet and cold over here.

bekloppt.gif Officer gomez2112 bekloppt.gif

So you are in Germany. I always wanted to see the old castle ruins around there!

I'm sure you are way to busy to do sight seeing wink.gif

You'll like this place! People are very nice and friendly here! yes.gif

I'm sure I'll see you around TRF a lot! smile.gif

Stay Safe!

Paderborn is about 40 minutes away. I have just realised that I am in the New world Women forum OOPS! Nothing against that at all apart from the fact that I am a Bloke!! Does that matter or should I be going somewhere else within the forum??

oops.gif

Thanx for all the welcomes biggrin.gif

QUOTE (gomez2112 @ Jul 28 2005, 08:33 AM)
Thanx Daylin biggrin.gif Where are you from? I see you did the R30 Tour, i did the two Wembley gigs three rows from stage AWESOME common001.gif

I'm from Chicago, IL.

3 rows from stage! That's great smile.gif I bet you had a good time!

It was brilliant, I was centre stage so it gave me a good view of all the boys! right i will sign out now as i have finished work!

will be back on tomoz!

Why are we here......... because we are here trink39.gif

Thanx Sue for your welcome new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (gomez2112 @ Jul 28 2005, 09:09 AM)
Paderborn is about 40 minutes away. I have just realised that I am in the New world Women forum OOPS! Nothing against that at all apart from the fact that I am a Bloke!! Does that matter or should I be going somewhere else within the forum??
oops.gif

Welcome to TRF!! trink38.gif

And I believe you couldn't have made a better mistake than to wonder in here unknowingly. laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jul 28 2005, 10:45 AM)
Paderborn is about 40 minutes away.  I have just realised that I am in the New world Women forum OOPS! Nothing against that at all apart from the fact that I am a Bloke!!  Does that matter or should I be going somewhere else within the forum??
oops.gif

And I believe you couldn't have made a better mistake than to wonder in here unknowingly. laugh.gif

wink.gif I like him already!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (gomez2112 @ Jul 28 2005, 08:09 AM)
oops.gif

It doesn't matter at all that you posted inhere, it's nice that you told something about yourself!

Welcome here, and have a lot of fun!! bekloppt.gif

I already did an intro in the general thread, but since I am a young woman, I might as well post here. I'm Kate, I'm 21, I'm from Northern California, and I've been a Rush fan for 10 years, though I'm not completely hardcore and knowing everything. I like so much other music, that it's hard to just learn about one band or collect every single album. My favorite album is 2112, hence my nickname, but Exit...Stage Left comes in a close second. I don't have a favorite member... they all amaze me with their musicianship! Well, if I had to pick one, I'd say Geddy Lee because I admire how he can take on Bass, Vocals, and the synthesizer and I've seen him do all three at once I think. My interests and things can be found on my profile and other than that, I work in a resource center for people with disabilities and I'm disabled myself -- legally blind since birth. To pre-answer a flood of questions, I can see enough to read the screen with extra-large fonts. So, that's me! Oh yeah, and is all that 2112 and Syrinx stuff based on a book or story I can find somewhere? That's always been a mystery to me.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jul 28 2005, 04:45 PM)
Paderborn is about 40 minutes away.  I have just realised that I am in the New world Women forum OOPS! Nothing against that at all apart from the fact that I am a Bloke!!  Does that matter or should I be going somewhere else within the forum??
oops.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Yes it's quite easy to unwittingly wander in here and post in this thread by mistake!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (gomez2112 @ Jul 28 2005, 03:13 AM)
Hi all you Rushians!!  I have just joined and looking forward to hearing from fellow fans.
I am a British Army Officer serving in Germany, I am a young 39 year old Rushian who is looking forwrd to the next Rush tour!
Hope to hear from someone at least! wub.gif

http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/howdy.gif Howdy, Gomez! Welcome to The Rush Forum trink39.gif

QUOTE (Priestess of Syrinx @ Aug 1 2005, 02:47 PM)
I already did an intro in the general thread, but since I am a young woman, I might as well post here.  I'm Kate, I'm 21, I'm from Northern California, and I've been a Rush fan for 10 years, though I'm not completely hardcore and knowing everything.  I like so much other music, that it's hard to just learn about one band or collect every single album.  My favorite album is 2112, hence my nickname, but Exit...Stage Left comes in a close second.  I don't have a favorite member... they all amaze me with their musicianship!  Well, if I had to pick one, I'd say Geddy Lee because I admire how he can take on Bass, Vocals, and the synthesizer and I've seen him do all three at once I think.  My interests and things can be found on my profile and other than that, I work in a resource center for people with disabilities and I'm disabled myself -- legally blind since birth.  To pre-answer a flood of questions, I can see enough to read the screen with extra-large fonts.  So, that's me!  Oh yeah, and is all that 2112 and Syrinx stuff based on a book or story I can find somewhere?  That's always been a mystery to me.

http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/howdy.gif Hiya, Kate! Welcome to The Rush Forum! bekloppt.gif

You'll see the parallels to 2112 in a book called Anthem by Ayn Rand. It's a quick read and very entertaining. I also found similarities in The Giver by Lois Lowry, but I've never heard it mentioned in relation to 2112.

If I make smilies, can you see them? smile.gif I've never used large font before, and I don't know if it makes smilies bigger, too.

Archived