Worst Rush Album

furie

Come on, you know you have that one album that you just can't get into, if not down right despise.

Which one is it and why.

I used to think Hold you fire was their worst. I just couldn't get into it. The whole synth thing was tired, they were in need of a change of direction. that's the album that showed it.

But i've been revisiting teh 90's stuff. I always liked (and still do) Counterparts. So I held Test 4 Echo in the same light, almost as a continuation. But with a couple of recent listens, I can see how T4E just doesn't hold up. How did i not see it before? Maybe I was just in a really good place at the time and everything seemed good.

So now I'm going to have to put Test For Echo at the bottom of the pile.

• Like 1

Come on, you know you have that one album that you just can't get into, if not down right despise.

Which one is it and why.

I used to think Hold you fire was their worst. I just couldn't get into it. The whole synth thing was tired, they were in need of a change of direction. that's the album that showed it.

But i've been revisiting teh 90's stuff. I always liked (and still do) Counterparts. So I held Test 4 Echo in the same light, almost as a continuation. But with a couple of recent listens, I can see how T4E just doesn't hold up. How did i not see it before? Maybe I was just in a really good place at the time and everything seemed good.

So now I'm going to have to put Test For Echo at the bottom of the pile.

Well sir, I'm gonna have to disagree because Test For Echo is my favorite album and I'm the TRF ambassador for it so

My least fav is probably their debut. Or Clockwork Angels. Or Anything that's not AFTK-HYF + Counterparts/T4E

• Like 1

Roll The Bones, Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails are their worst and not for the same reasons...
  • Like 1

VT.......if puke had a musical equivalent that would be it......nothing redeeming at all about this shit ball.

Mick

You, goober and I could have had our own VT thread...
  • Like 2

VT.......if puke had a musical equivalent that would be it......nothing redeeming at all about this shit ball.

Mick

Better than Clockwork Angels

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/dammmn-son.png

Mick

You, goober and I could have had our own VT thread...

and the recently brainwashed Segue would be our opponent, lol

Mick

Mick

Yes that's a shitball too.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Thank you!!!

Nobody understands the mediocrity of CA except you and I

You and I

We Are strangers by one chromasome

A world of red neon

Body and soul

Alien Shore is better than anything post T4E

Mick

Mick

I lol'd...
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

I lol'd...

Lolz, I didd a funneh on de intrnett. #swaggyyolo4lyfe

Mick

Mick

Thank you!!!

You and I

A world of red neon

Body and soul

Yes the CA love is baffling. Since day 1 it's been baffling. it's NOTHING special.

Mick

• Like 3

For me, though Roll the Bones has it's major problems, it has some great songs to save it. Same can be said for Snakes & Arrows and Vapor Trails (though they have much minor problems), meanwhile Caress of Steel feels a bit too out there for me, a try too hard, but again with good moments.

With all that said, the debut album gets my vote for its overall mediocrity.

Oh sheesh, you people! One of these days you'll come around and start loving Vapor Trails and Clockwork Angels and you'll see that Troutman, TM, and I have been right all along! :D
  • Like 2

Mick

Mick

Thank you!!!

You and I

A world of red neon

Body and soul

Yes the CA love is baffling. Since day 1 it's been baffling. it's NOTHING special.

Mick

Gives TRF n00bs with under 1000 posts something to say

Example:

Guyz, i dont know what the hate is for! Neil is sucha genius! his lyrics speek to me in wayz that i thought they never did before! Cockworlk Angles is my favorite album becuz of its complex rhythmic devices and the odd 7/4 time. And Pratt's lyrics OMG RYUSH!!! :Neil: :Neil: :Neil: :Neil: :Alex: :Alex: :Alex: :Alex: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy:

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Thank you!!!

You and I

A world of red neon

Body and soul

Mick

Gives TRF n00bs with under 1000 posts something to say

Example:

Guyz, i dont know what the hate is for! Neil is sucha genius! his lyrics speek to me in wayz that i thought they never did before! Cockworlk Angles is my favorite album becuz of its complex rhythmic devices and the odd 7/4 time. And Pratt's lyrics OMG RYUSH!!! :Neil: :Neil: :Neil: :Neil: :Alex: :Alex: :Alex: :Alex: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy: :geddy:

OMG......Best album since(Insert album here) :rush: :haz: :Neil: :geddy: :Alex: if you don't think so you suck!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

Caress Of Steel. It's the only album I actually dislike the majority of:

5 minutes of classic (Bastille Day)

5 minutes of pretty good (Lakeside Park)

3 minutes of misfired joke (I Think I'm Going Bald)

30 minutes of well-intentioned :oops: (Necromancer + TFOL)

Next "worst" would be RTB and T4E.. or perhaps that should be T4E and RTB. Anyway, the only downright unlistenable song for me on those two albums is Heresy, and at least that's only 5 minutes.

• Like 2

The debut, Presto, and half of Roll The Bones.

Again with the Presto?... :rage: :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 4