Alex Confirms 2015 Tour

Mieko8

to me that doesn't seem like really a confirmation, it sounds like it's still under a lot of planning. who knows.

I think this interview was done earlier and appended to the article which was more of a birthday wish than anything.
  • Like 1

Kinda doesn't seem like Alex didn't say anything about the tour. The only mentions of "2015" came from the author.

That said, I think something will be happening sooner than later. I haven't seen Geddy at the ball park since the beginning of the summer which leads me to believe that he's working on something.

• Like 1

He also said they are working up Jacob's Ladder and some rare treats they haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. They are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work they've ever done.
  • Like 2

Kinda doesn't seem like Alex didn't say anything about the tour. The only mentions of "2015" came from the author.

That said, I think something will be happening sooner than later. I haven't seen Geddy at the ball park since the beginning of the summer which leads me to believe that he's working on something.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/89145-geddy-at-the-ball-game/

http://www.therushfo...-the-ball-game/

Apparently he can't works on new songs, and can only works on keeping the score of a ball game. His doctor said that he is suffering from a first state of depression which could lead to something bigger if he doesn't take his med... So be patient for a tour or a new album...

He also said they are working up Jacob's Ladder and some rare treats they haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. They are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work they've ever done.

They also hired Terry Brown to produce.

• Like 1

I remember reading this before CA came out, so that had to be what he was talking about.

• Like 1

I've found some other Alex quotes:

1993 - "We are working up Bastille Day and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work we've ever done."

1996 - "We are working up Rivendell and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work we've ever done."

2002 - "We are working up Hemispheres and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work we've ever done."

2004 - "We are working up The Necromancer and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its all cover songs but it's the best work we've ever done."

2007 - "We are working up A Farewell to Kings and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work we've ever done."

• Like 6

Geddy was travelling with his wife most of the summer.

And Ya Alex is famously wrong about things but usually it's just details like songs that are going to be played. I think it's because he wants to pull out old songs but the stronger characters of Stubborn Neil and Picky Geddy win out against easy-going Alex every time. The bastards are ganging up on poor Alex and makin him a liar!!

Alex- "hey we should do 'Something for Nothing' this time!!"

Geddy- "ya but my voice..? I dunno Al"

Neil- "Something for Nothing? Hahaha!"

• Like 3

I remember reading this before CA came out, so that had to be what he was talking about.

It was a joke. Seems like he says that during every break since about 1990.

• Like 1

It was a joke. Seems like he says that during every break since about 1990.

Maybe so, but I did remember reading that before CA.

• Like 1

I've found some other Alex quotes:

1993 - "We are working up Bastille Day and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work we've ever done."

1996 - "We are working up Rivendell and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work we've ever done."

2002 - "We are working up Hemispheres and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work we've ever done."

2004 - "We are working up The Necromancer and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its all cover songs but it's the best work we've ever done."

2007 - "We are working up A Farewell to Kings and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work we've ever done."

2014 - "We are working up Neurotica and some rare treats we haven't played in a long time. The new album is coming along nicely. We are using a more stripped down, organic approach. Its the best work we've ever done."