Why is 90% of the people on this forum jerks?

YYZumbi

Zumbi, I'll be serious here for a moment and respond. Some people are jerks because the world is filled with jerks. In my experience, less than 90% of TRF are jerks. Your experience is different because of the way you interact with people.

Think about this for a moment—you've come online and made dozens of threads about whether the band should play this song or that song. Those threads get old very fast. You ask why people don't consider Feedback to be a "real" Rush album, then when they answer you you tell them you are wrong. You make a thread that's all about your 2112th post and tell us how that's going to be your last, then you come back. You posted something childish about how someone on the bus said something less-than-good about Rush so you were going to "punch them in the face"--was that to impress us? If so, it didn't work. All it did was show us you are a jerk.

You are a huge Rush fan—great! So are we! And most of us are here to hang out, talk about whatever, and maybe make friends. I realize you are young and still have a lot to learn about social interaction (I know I certainly did when I was a teenager, and when I was in my 20s) so maybe you can take the opportunity to start learning now. Try saying nice things. Stop caring about how many posts you've made. Start realizing we all have different tastes and nothing you say is going to change that.

He's gonna think this is mean but you did him a favor. Very brave and beautifully written. I just hope he takes it to heart and appreciates it....

It wasn't written to be mean, just to let him know what others are thinking. And that he can change that.

In a related subject, I wonder how different my life would have been if I grew up with the Internet and the ability to chat with all sorts of different people. Maybe I would have learned more social graces sooner? Maybe I would have been less naive? Maybe I would have found some older people (old, like 30!) who could have given my very lost teenage self some guidance.

The Internet is cool.

• Like 4

Zumbi, I'll be serious here for a moment and respond. Some people are jerks because the world is filled with jerks. In my experience, less than 90% of TRF are jerks. Your experience is different because of the way you interact with people.

Think about this for a moment—you've come online and made dozens of threads about whether the band should play this song or that song. Those threads get old very fast. You ask why people don't consider Feedback to be a "real" Rush album, then when they answer you you tell them you are wrong. You make a thread that's all about your 2112th post and tell us how that's going to be your last, then you come back. You posted something childish about how someone on the bus said something less-than-good about Rush so you were going to "punch them in the face"--was that to impress us? If so, it didn't work. All it did was show us you are a jerk.

You are a huge Rush fan—great! So are we! And most of us are here to hang out, talk about whatever, and maybe make friends. I realize you are young and still have a lot to learn about social interaction (I know I certainly did when I was a teenager, and when I was in my 20s) so maybe you can take the opportunity to start learning now. Try saying nice things. Stop caring about how many posts you've made. Start realizing we all have different tastes and nothing you say is going to change that.

He's gonna think this is mean but you did him a favor. Very brave and beautifully written. I just hope he takes it to heart and appreciates it....

It wasn't written to be mean, just to let him know what others are thinking. And that he can change that.

In a related subject, I wonder how different my life would have been if I grew up with the Internet and the ability to chat with all sorts of different people. Maybe I would have learned more social graces sooner? Maybe I would have been less naive? Maybe I would have found some older people (old, like 30!) who could have given my very lost teenage self some guidance.

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

I found this place when I was 12 and I've been active ever since.

But yet

I still cant get into SOCN

The Internet is cool.

Its cool and all,

But nothing beats the old days!! :codger: :dweez:

• Like 1

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

You mean you can't get into it as in, it's just not your thing? It's really not my thing. Too much arguing and too few open minds.

The Internet is cool.

To qoute a line from The Green Mile "It's a kindness ya done". I am not so sure about the social graces and the internet. Face to face I learned plenty. No use to change now. Good "home training" as we used to call it should be SOP in all endevors including this one...

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

You mean you can't get into it as in, it's just not your thing? It's really not my thing. Too much arguing and too few open minds.

I think he just needs to agree with the terms.

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

Nono,

I can't be in it as in I dont have access. I've PM'd 73 but he never replied.

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

I did. I messaged 73, but I cant get in it.

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

He will let you know what to do. :cool:

One thing I see is missing is YYZumbi questioning himself if he has done anything to get the responses he get. When 90% (I think the actual number is way lower) is "against" you, there's a possibility that you are doing something to set them off.

YYZumbi, if you tone down on the *insert song name here* 2015 threads I think you will see everything settling down soon. I think that really ticks a lot of people off.

• Like 4

One thing I see is missing is YYZumbi questioning himself if he has done anything to get the responses he get. When 90% (I think the actual number is way lower) is "against" you, there's a possibility that you are doing something to set them off.

YYZumbi, if you tone down on the *insert song name here* 2015 threads I think you will see everything settling down soon. I think that really ticks a lot of people off.

Hopefully he will figure it out.

• Like 1

The best one can do here (and just about everywhere) is never taking yourself too serious. If you're able to laugh at yourself, nobody can laugh at you. :)

• Like 4

And listen to some Yes once in a while. They are pretty f**king awesome...
  • Like 5

The best one can do here (and just about everywhere) is never taking yourself too serious. If you're able to laugh at yourself, nobody can laugh at you. :)

:goodone:

And even if they do. Who gives a sh**!! :LOL:

• Like 2

:goodone:

And even if they do. Who gives a sh**!! :LOL:

TAG break'in it down... :)
  • Like 1

Didn't we recently have another user leave this site after getting mad because everybody was against them and nothing was their fault?

Edited by Cygnus 2112

Didn't we recently have another user leave this site after getting mad because everybody was against them and nothing was their fault?

Yes. Sometimes a mirror is helpful...

And listen to some Yes once in a while. They are pretty f**king awesome...

And maybe a bit of King Crimson would help...but I'd say try to listen to music other than Rush every once in awhile. I went a few years from 8th grade to sophomore year in high school listening to mostly Rush only and realized that was not a good thing because I was missing out on a lot of other great music past and present.

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

It was a year and a half ago.

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

Sometimes it takes a while before he gets back to you... :LOL:
  • Like 1

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

Oh but he replies automatically to tell me my sig was too large :D

• Like 1

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

Send him a message every two hours until he responds.

• Like 1

The Internet is cool.

Indeed it is.

But yet

Send him a message every two hours until he responds.

I'm on a highway to the savage garden!

I'm on a highway to being banned

Question, am I part of the 90% or the 10%, or have I not done enough to be grouped.