2113 - Kevin J Anderson

x1yyz

According to RIAB, it looks like Kevin J. Anderson is going to release a novella called "2113." The official announcement is thought to come tomorrow.

I do hope this doesn't happen. If the Clockwork Angels book is anything to go by, KJA is just not a very good writer. That story could have been fleshed out in to a decent book, but that didn't happen. Well, let me revise that: KJA did a good job of making Clockwork Angels into a children's story. What he wrote was a simple tale with a one-track plot. It was not in the same category as any well-thought-out adult novel. I'm afraid of what he's going to do with 2113.

i enjoyed the clockwork angels novel, i thought that it was a neat concept. i also liked the lyric references. i mean, it was a very easy read, but it was a cute story nonetheless.
  • Like 2

According to RIAB, it looks like Kevin J. Anderson is going to release a novella called "2113." The official announcement is thought to come tomorrow.

I do hope this doesn't happen. If the Clockwork Angels book is anything to go by, KJA is just not a very good writer. That story could have been fleshed out in to a decent book, but that didn't happen. Well, let me revise that: KJA did a good job of making Clockwork Angels into a children's story. What he wrote was a simple tale with a one-track plot. It was not in the same category as any well-thought-out adult novel. I'm afraid of what he's going to do with 2113.

Oh man, I feel exactly the same about the book and it's such a shame what he did to it. Is 2113 supposed to be a Rush novel?

Oh man, I feel exactly the same about the book and it's such a shame what he did to it. Is 2113 supposed to be a Rush novel?

I assume so because it will be announced at RushCon, but I guess we'll find out exactly what's going on tomorrow.

• Like 1

I assume so because it will be announced at RushCon, but I guess we'll find out exactly what's going on tomorrow.

I would deal with it if it meant we'd have a 2113 album. :)

• Like 3

I'm afraid of what he's going to do with 2113.

We can just ignore it. As far as I'm concerned, it won't exist. Kevin J. Anderson stands atop my "Ignore List".....

• Like 2

Kevin Anderson announced that he and Neil are writing a sequel to Clockwork Angels to be titled "Clockwork Lives" according to RushCon.

Kevin Anderson announced that he and Neil are writing a sequel to Clockwork Angels to be titled "Clockwork Lives" according to RushCon.

For some reason that bothers me less than "2113."

• Like 1

Another convo about someone's bad writing = Time for me to stay out of this one. :outtahere:

• Like 1

Another convo about someone's bad writing = Time for me to stay out of this one. :outtahere:

:LOL: I thought you be on this thread like white on rice... :)

Oh poop, he his, in fact, writing 2113: KJA announcement.

Sigh. Why couldn't it have been a good author?

• Like 1

Anderson is now fully on the Peart gravy train. Well done if not well written.

This just goes to show that it's who you know, rather than real talent that will get you places. God only knows WHAT places, but places. :LOL:

i enjoyed the clockwork angels novel, i thought that it was a neat concept. i also liked the lyric references. i mean, it was a very easy read, but it was a cute story nonetheless.

I started groaning every time there was another lyrics reference. I mean, how many do we need jammed down our throats in such a short and simple novel? Take the time to make the dialogue believable and nuanced, not jamming in the RTB rap into a conversation about anarchism.

• Like 3

I started groaning every time there was another lyrics reference. I mean, how many do we need jammed down our throats in such a short and simple novel? Take the time to make the dialogue believable and nuanced, not jamming in the RTB rap into a conversation about anarchism.

I agree. It's like he was just writing along and trying to figure out how he could fit in the next lyric and not paying any attention to the storyline. I can't imagine what the idea was to make it so simplistic and like a children's book. I thought when he got to the city and the Clockwork Angels themselves and how they were half human half machine but still alive.... If they had delved into that that would've been really creepy and made it a great book. The section about the Watchmaker and his dog was the best part of the book.

• Like 2

I think it could have been a cool "Choose Your Own Adventure" novel - remember those?

• Like 1

I think it could have been a cool "Choose Your Own Adventure" novel - remember those?

Heh, I just finished reading Neil Patrick Harris' Choose Your Own Autobiography. It was written in that same style (although I just read it straight through so I wouldn't miss anything). It was a fun read.

• Like 1

:musicnote: We are the priest :musicnote:

:musicnote: of the temples of :musicnote:

:musicnote: of luck's jynx :musicnote:

:musicnote: our great numbers :musicnote:

:musicnote: in the superstitous halls :musicnote:

Just Sayin :spitwater:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

You know, it's funny, but about five years ago I myself wrote about 54k words of a novel I, too, called 2113. I'm a little sad I'm only now seeing this thread. Not that the story went anywhere, and not that I would ever expect it to get picked up by anyone (if I've learned anything in my quest to enter the publication business, it's that the field is tough to get into), but I am... surprised, I guess.
  • Like 1