Dream Theater new DVD Teaser

Rod in Toronto

This is awesome news! Love the last two DT albums. Mangini is awesome. What a fantastic song also. Sounds great. When is it coming out? Like two years from now i bet.

Sooner than you think actually. September 30.

This is awesome news! Love the last two DT albums. Mangini is awesome. What a fantastic song also. Sounds great. When is it coming out? Like two years from now i bet.

Sooner than you think actually. September 30.

The two year anniversary of my first Rush show is also the release of a Dream Theater album from the first tour I saw them on. Awesome.

Nice. But I think Surrender To Reason is more Rush like ;)

That one too! I think they're saving Surrender to Reason and The Bigger Picture for the next tour.

I thought they played Surrender To Reason on the last tour? That would be a real bummer if my memory played tricks on me.

That one too! I think they're saving Surrender to Reason and The Bigger Picture for the next tour.

I thought they played Surrender To Reason on the last tour? That would be a real bummer if my memory played tricks on me.

Surrender to Reason is from their latest album man..

I'm so effing stoked for this new DVD!!!! i watched luna park the other day and it still gets me all goose bumpy. the last two albums have been amazing efforts! amazing writing skills and chops to pull off the shit. this band has taken the reins from RUSH
  • Like 1

I know, I meant from their latest tour :P

Unfortunately they left it off the setlist this tour, bad move. Actually thought the ADTOE tour was far better than this years. Too much Awake for my tastes, wouldve preferred more Scenes for anniversary shout outs.

Yea i agree. I seem to be the odd duck.........um again......in that Awake never grabbed me. That 90's sort of alt. Angry vocals are grating to me. Awful echo-y production too. So this setlist in that regard is a bit of a letdown. Love the new album though. I will be buying.

Mick

I liked the setlist of this tour and also the ones they had on ADTOE. I just wish they rotated them a bit more. The unpredictable setlists were awesome.

With that being said, I still think that the current tour is worth experiencing more than once. I saw them 3 nights in a row in Spain in January, and will see them again in Rio in October.

I liked the setlist of this tour and also the ones they had on ADTOE. I just wish they rotated them a bit more. The unpredictable setlists were awesome.

With that being said, I still think that the current tour is worth experiencing more than once. I saw them 3 nights in a row in Spain in January, and will see them again in Rio in October.

I'm jealous. I saw them once in Vancouver and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. They were spot on all night.

Hopefully they include the video they played during the intermission.

That intermission video was hilarious! I know that you could find every video that appeared in the video on YouTube but I didn't expect they would play an intermission video much less a very funny one.

My favourite videos in the intermission were:

1 - The dude beatboxing through The Dance of Eternity;

2 - The crazy fans creating a story around the first sentences of Take the Time: "Guys, guys...Dream Theater is coming to town! Hold it now...wait a minute! Just let me catch my breath..."

• Like 1