Genesis to share exciting news tomorrow

Union 5-3992

An album would be amazing......and to clarify. i'm not the biggest Gabriel era fan........doesn't mean i don't want to see him back with the guys one last time. and get Hackett too. that would get me off my ass and out of concert going retirement.

Mick.

• Like 1

One of my five favorite bands of all time, but this is incredibly lame. This new collection has no appeal for a true fan. And sure, the idea to intersperse solo career material throughout the set is interesting, but some of the selections are real headscratchers. Whose idea was this?

Alas, I'm still looking forward to the new documentary...

Oh my God, lifeless and lame.

I hope this reunion rumour stories will find an end one day!? At least we have Steve Hackett with his revisited stuff and that's a very good example how it could sound, if they ever could decide to do it.

And the previous boxsets were mixed anyway, IMO. They did surprisingly well re-mastering the Gabriel years. But man did they RAPE those Collins era albums. I know some of you don't like Collins fronted Genesis........but as a Collins era man....i hated those remixes in that boxset.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

And the previous boxsets were mixed anyway, IMO. They did surprisingly well re-mastering the Gabriel years. But man did they RAPE those Collins era albums. I know some of you don't like Collins fronted Genesis........but as a Collins era man....i hated those remixes in that boxset.

Mick

Big Collins era fan as well.... On these remixes- I know alot of folks pan them, but I do find Trick/WW sounding pretty great. Yes theyre loud, but the power of songs like Dance and Quiet seem to really come through, as well as Phil's drums, which I cant get enough of. But I do understand/respect the arguments Ive heard against though (ie, some subtleties lost, etc).

Edited by greg2112
  • Like 1

Mick

Big Collins era fan as well.... On these remixes- I know alot of folks pan them, but I do find Trick/WW sounding pretty great. Yes theyre loud, but the power of songs like Dance and Quiet seem to really come through, as well as Phil's drums, which I cant get enough of. But I do understand/respect the arguments Ive heard against though (ie, some subtleties lost, etc).

I will say one good thing about the remix of trick....they brought Phil's vocals forward which were always buried on the original CD. As for stuff like Duke and Abacab......2 favs of mine. I could have cried.

Mick

As BIG announcements go this sucked the big one. Miserable compilation fleshed out by solo stuff? f**k OFF.

But, I reckon this is just the start of a re-introduction of all things Genesis. Documentary in October, and then, hopefully, some form of a tour. Hopefully.