Alex LIfeson in jail 2004, what really happened?

YYZumbi

Cops is the south florida area can be real pricks, I've seen it. The following is a conversation I witnessed the last time I was in Fort Lauderdale involving two couples on holiday....

Bartender: (at about 1:55 am) LAST CALL

Man: We'll have two beers each (8 beers)

Bartender: (at about 1:59 am) Here are your beers

Cop: Enters bar and announces its closed, "Everybody out"

Man: I just ordered these beers, we're staying to drink them

Cop: Strikes man across the back of his legs with a club, takes him down and cuffs him

Wife: What are you doing? he didn't do anything?

Cop: Takes wife down and cuffs her.

As a seasoned traveller in Florida I can tell you that occurrences like that happen regularly. Cops are arrogant and usually amped up, steroid taking weightlifting bullies. I can totally see Alex's side of that story.

Well, it's no secret that some of the cops down here do more with the drugs they find than just confiscate them. And as stressful as law enforcement is, it's also a career that attracts people who just like the idea of shoving people around. And if they can do it to a celebrity, then that pumps up their ego even higher.

Wow, it happened in Naples and not Miami! West Coast of FL instead of East Coast!! That changes everything! I'll have to revisit all I thought I knew about the incident.

Take your time.

I try, but I've never been able to relax and enjoy Intercourse. It's always been a quick in-and-out experience.

Thank you for that newsy bit of news, but that is not what my comment was referring to. It was in response to this post from you:

Wow, it happened in Naples and not Miami! West Coast of FL instead of East Coast!! That changes everything! I'll have to revisit all I thought I knew about the incident.

No offense Lorraine, I was responding to this... "Looking at a map to see how close Naples is to Miami... Not close at all." I mean, who gives a s*t.

No offense Lorraine, I was responding to this... "Looking at a map to see how close Naples is to Miami... Not close at all." I mean, who gives a s*t.

No no no...the way it works when you make an error is to say, "ah yes, I see...my bad" and then move on. If you're really classy you thank the person who educated you, but that's not necessary.

No no no...the way it works when you make an error is to say, "ah yes, I see...my bad" and then move on. If you're really classy you thank the person who educated you, but that's not necessary.

Not if the error was pointed out in a totally douche-y way; then one responds in kind. Naples and Miami are both in S. Florida. If I had said it happened in Minot, North Dakota I'd get the douche-y attitude.

It was all staged for publicity. Alex was acting in that clip and all of the articles and legal documents were fabricated by Rush's marketing department. Really? No one realizes this by now? Alex is quite the prankster....

Not if the error was pointed out in a totally douche-y way; then one responds in kind. Naples and Miami are both in S. Florida. If I had said it happened in Minot, North Dakota I'd get the douche-y attitude.

Ah yes, I see...my bad.

Oh, you're welcome, certainly. And thank you for such an honest self-assessment. It is refreshing to find someone who so readily embraces correction without rancor or recrimination. ;)

I really couldn't blame Rush if they never came to the Militarized States of 'merica again. They have very, very, very little crime in Canada, and thus, very few cops, and they don't look like soldiers. People are able to work things out up there. This was just another case of visitors to the US not really understanding how militarized and brutal our police are, AND, of course, the failure of Americans to be willing to work things out, but just "call the law" at the first sign of "trouble." We're pathetic.

Drunk son not following directions by hotel staff and cops. Drunk dad sees drunk son getting treated like a drunk not following directions should be treated, tries to intervene because hey, that's my boy. Possibly overzealous cops give drunk dad similar treatment and his nose gets broken in the fray. Sobered up dad gets released from jail with blood all over him due to broken nose. Rush message board inhabitants lose their minds, screaming about police brutality, he didn't do anything, it was ALL amped up, steroid-fueled cops and their Gestapo tactics.

There's just no way Alex, the funny one, deserved that kind of treatment.

It basically came down to he said/she said and the Lerxst lovers and fan boys sided with Lifeson 100%. Typical.

• Like 1