Happy Birthday Ginger Baker!!! 75 today

apetersvt

I liked his drumming as a member of Cream and Blind Faith, but that's the extend of me following his career. It's kind of scary for me that a lot of these rock stars that I grew up listening to are getting up there in years..

I know exactly what you mean. Lately I am asking myself quite often just where all of the years went. In retrospect, they seem to have flown by; yet, I know they haven't.

Edited by Lorraine

I liked his drumming as a member of Cream and Blind Faith, but that's the extend of me following his career. It's kind of scary for me that a lot of these rock stars that I grew up listening to are getting up there in years..

I know exactly what you mean. Lately I am asking myself quite often just where all of the years went. In retrospect, they seem to have flown by; yet, I know they haven't.

:codger: :sigh:

I strongly, STRONGLY recommend you guys check out the movie Beware of Mr. Baker. It's a cool documentary about Ginger's career, with quick interviews with Neil, Stewart Copeland and other drummers, his ex wives, former bandmates etc.
  • Like 1

I strongly, STRONGLY recommend you guys check out the movie Beware of Mr. Baker. It's a cool documentary about Ginger's career, with quick interviews with Neil, Stewart Copeland and other drummers, his ex wives, former bandmates etc.

I enthusiastically second this recommendation!

Or third it, if you count my earlier post :LOL:

• Like 1

Sorry...I didn´t notice you had already recommended it!!!

But hey, how awesome is that movie, huh???? I loved it!

Sorry...I didn´t notice you had already recommended it!!!

But hey, how awesome is that movie, huh???? I loved it!

I thought it was great! The way it presents an honest portrait of Ginger Baker without making him unsympathetic is a real feat of documentary storytelling. It's probably one of the best biographical documentaries I've ever seen.

I watched "Beware Mr. Baker" (thanks for the tip!!)...uh...that dude is f*cked UP in the head. Seriously. To treat his family(ies) like that is pathetic. Btw, how the f**k is he still able to breathe? He's been chain smoking since his teens.

On a side note, Eric Clapton said something very interesting, at least to this reporter: during a discussion comparing other drummers from Ginger's era (60's, early 70's) the interviewer mentioned specifically Bonham & Moon. Clapton gave a dismissive "ffftt" and said they weren't close. Said Baker was a "fully formed musician". Again, as a former drummer I found his take interesting especially from musician of his quality...but then again I don't think he ever played with Bonzo or Moon.