Any Kansas fans?

fraroc

Kansas is definitely one of the most talented bands out there. I'd even say that they're just as talented as Rush. Kansas was one of the first bands to implement the violin into rock music and have it be a forefront instrument. Despite many Kansas fans saying that the original six were the best lineup, I love the lineups of the 1990s also. Especially because in that time period, they got David Ragsdale to play both the violin and the guitar.

Some good examples of how amazing this band is.

Kansas's 70's run was outstanding. 80's onward......well they lost ground and never recovered.

Love the 70'sa run though.

Mick

Yeah I agree. The 70s music is awesome. After about Audio-Visions things went down hill. My favorite album of theirs is Song for America. The bass tone on that album is sublime.

• Like 3

Kansas's 70's run was outstanding. 80's onward......well they lost ground and never recovered.

Love the 70'sa run though.

Mick

Yeah I agree. The 70s music is awesome. After about Audio-Visions things went down hill. My favorite album of theirs is Song for America. The bass tone on that album is sublime.

Song for America is my favourite, too :yes:
  • Like 1

The first 5 KANSAS albums are the best ones, along with the live album Two For the Show, (especially the double CD edition).

Here though is an underrated KANSAS album from the 80's that I really enjoy:

http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Kansas%20Vinyl%20Confessions.jpg

• Like 1

That was the last album good before the slide.

Mick

I quite like Power with Steve Morse and Steve Walsh back in the fold. And Drastic Measures is solid as long as you try not to think of it as a KANSAS album. I have the new Rock Candy CD editions of VC and DM so my vinyls are finally at rest and maybe one day they'll make a confession or two... ;)

I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried...

...and tried and tried and tried...

...to get into this band, but I can't. All the talent this band has is undeniable, but I just cannot enjoy them. I dunno why, but they just...suck...

I like bits and pieces, but they really grate on me after a while.

I have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and tried...

...to get into this band, but I can't. All the talent this band has is undeniable, but I just cannot enjoy them. I dunno why, but they just...suck...

I feel that way about Styx.

You never know...you might pull a "Segue" and suddenly they'll be your favourite band. You've stopped surprising me now :D
  • Like 2

You never know...you might pull a "Segue" and suddenly they'll be your favourite band. You've stopped surprising me now :D

Sometimes you have to hear a band or a particular piece of music at the right time in your life to really get them. I've had that happen with books too. Try to read something and just can't get into it and then maybe years later I'll try again and love it.

Edited by EagleMoon

We're all just waiting, lol We KNOW it's coming. and the "Segue" is not a slow process. it is literally in the blink of an eye, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I feel about about a large portion of Springsteen. There's his first 4 then mounds of filler.

(Sorry Segue :outtahere:

Mick

I feel even worse about Springsteen, his whole career is just one big yawn... :zzz:

• Like 4

I feel about about a large portion of Springsteen. There's his first 4 then mounds of filler.

(Sorry Segue :outtahere:

Mick

I feel even worse about Springsteen, his whole career is just one big yawn... :zzz:

i really do enjoy those first 4 then.......yawn. There's nothing worse then an artist who insists on making a career out the same album. Which is my big issue with Springsteen. It all sounds the same.

Mick

I basically have had a rubbish day.. then I take a peek here and see how much you all have noticed how flaky my convictions to an opinion are...

...and I cheered up 100%!

Ok...here's the deal...I will try another Kansas album this week. Or maybe just give that No Return (whatsitcalled?) album another spin...

Only two bands I can think of that I have ALWAYS hated are Nickleback and McFly. So I has the faith my mind can be swayed in (1, 2, 3...)

KANSAS ARE THE BEST BAND I HAVE EVER HEARD! OMYDAYSOMYDAYSOMYDAYS!!

• Like 1

As for Bruce Sprigsteen...

...that dude is the bomb! I adore his first four albums the most, I have hundreds of officially unreleased demos/lost songs that I WORSHIP and everything post DOTEOT has its moments...with The Ghost Of Tom Joad, Magic and Lucky Town being particular faves...

I haven't really been into him for a while now, I cannot bear his music at present. But when I am in the mood for some Brucey...expect to see like ten albums of his in one day in the Albums I've Liste... thread hahaha!

Like Rush, if I am itching to hear The Boss, it won't be scratched completely until I have spent everyday for six months playing him on constant rotation.

But right now my obsession is Lacuna Coil.

I basically have had a rubbish day.. then I take a peek here and see how much you all have noticed how flaky my convictions to an opinion are...

...and I cheered up 100%!

Ok...here's the deal...I will try another Kansas album this week. Or maybe just give that No Return (whatsitcalled?) album another spin...

Only two bands I can think of that I have ALWAYS hated are Nickleback and McFly. So I has the faith my mind can be swayed in (1, 2, 3...)

KANSAS ARE THE BEST BAND I HAVE EVER HEARD! OMYDAYSOMYDAYSOMYDAYS!!

FWIW, My favorite Kansas album is Song For America. Have you listened to that one?

• Like 2