Neil the philosopher...

LittleRushmonkey

As long as I don't have to read his books Neil is cool with me..... :)

I suggest reading Masked Rider. A great read about his trip through Africa. What makes it so cool IMO is the interaction with his fellow cyclists. Seriously Narp I know you'd enjoy it. That's a book to check out.

• Like 1

I suggest reading Masked Rider. A great read about his trip through Africa. What makes it so cool IMO is the interaction with his fellow cyclists. Seriously Narp I know you'd enjoy it. That's a book to check out.

I agree. Fascinating read.

• Like 2

OMG we agree!

Still Hemispheres is overrated!

Seriously, the fascinating aspect was how he endured the hardships of actually riding those roads. I especially enjoyed his take on the monastery, where the clergy (monks or nuns) chanting and singing Psalms. For a "non" religious guy, he had a profound spiritual experience there. Interesting

For a "non" religious guy, he had a profound spiritual experience there. Interesting

Wait, what?

Peart isn't religious? He sure does a good job of keeping it to himself!

• Like 2

OMG we agree!

Still Hemispheres is overrated!

Seriously, the fascinating aspect was how he endured the hardships of actually riding those roads. I especially enjoyed his take on the monastery, where the clergy (monks or nuns) chanting and singing Psalms. For a "non" religious guy, he had a profound spiritual experience there. Interesting

I thought that was funny when I wrote it. As long as we leave CA out of the discussion we're good. :LOL:

I don't think Neil has a problem with spirituality, I think it's the organized religion aspect that he dislikes.

• Like 1

For a "non" religious guy, he had a profound spiritual experience there. Interesting

Wait, what?

Shhhh...don't tell anyone. Hard to tell I know. That darn prayer cap keeps us from reading his thoughts

• Like 2

Wait, what?

Shhhh...don't tell anyone. Hard to tell I know. That darn prayer cap keeps us from reading his thoughts

Hey, it's not like he lines the damn thing with tinfoil. Or at least I hope he doesn't. Because if he does, I'm afraid I might have to just enjoy the music and stick to just reading the classics themselves. I'm weird enough as it is without that sort of thing. If I wanted more of that stuff, I wouldn't have begged 73 to get me out of SOCN yesterday. :facepalm:

Wait, what?

Hey, it's not like he lines the damn thing with tinfoil. Or at least I hope he doesn't. Because if he does, I'm afraid I might have to just enjoy the music and stick to just reading the classics themselves. I'm weird enough as it is without that sort of thing. If I wanted more of that stuff, I wouldn't have begged 73 to get me out of SOCN yesterday. :facepalm:

You got yourself locked out as to avoid any further temptations?... :)

Wait, what?

Temptations to tell everyone to go to Hell, both there and in real life. Exactly. :yes:

Wait, what?

Temptations to tell everyone to go to Hell, both there and in real life. Exactly. :yes:

You're SOCN is my chat. Locked myself out months ago..... :)
  • Like 1

Wait, what?

You're SOCN is my chat. Locked myself out months ago..... :)

Haven't been there in years,

It's hopeless! :LOL:

• Like 1

Who needs all these philosophy books when you have Neil Peart?

http://progarchy.com...art/#more-10384

:codger:

Anyway, in regards to this article, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the writings of Progarchy. But now I guess I feel ignorant and misinformed. Maybe I should head over to the nearby college campus and show this extensive piece to the head of the Philosophy department. I'm sure he'll be impressed beyond belief at this potentially revolutionary cultural comparison.

• Like 1

Wait, what?

I literally laughed out loud. Well done.

We'll be performing here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress!