Narp 10K

laughedatbytime

Actually, I don't think it is fair that the spam posts should count. Like I said, my post count consists of real posts.

I'm sure the worry is if those posts didn't count - those stupid threads would show up in the other forums, and that's a hassle I'm sure the Admins don't want to deal with... all that extra policing.

It really doesn't matter I guess. It is not like this is some major contest where we win a valuable prize (like the ones you found in Cracker Jack boxes that never worked, or you broke them trying to get them to work) in the end. :LOL:

Tell that to Mr. IsNot. He smelled 50,000 and a new icon and he went on a mission.

We can easily make it so posts made in Grand Designs don't register on anyone's post counts. Would that be like totally fun or what?

Actually, I don't think it is fair that the spam posts should count. Like I said, my post count consists of real posts.

I'm sure the worry is if those posts didn't count - those stupid threads would show up in the other forums, and that's a hassle I'm sure the Admins don't want to deal with... all that extra policing.

It really doesn't matter I guess. It is not like this is some major contest where we win a valuable prize (like the ones you found in Cracker Jack boxes that never worked, or you broke them trying to get them to work) in the end. :LOL:

Tell that to Mr. IsNot. He smelled 50,000 and a new icon and he went on a mission.

We can easily make it so posts made in Grand Designs don't register on anyone's post counts. Would that be like totally fun or what?

Or do away with post count all together?

• Like 1

http://i62.tinypic.com/2iw0cc0.jpg

^^not me, some fundamentalist guy on a message board

No, because not only would we lose the level icons, but that would punish the people that earned their high post counts the legit way -- by making posts that matter.

• Like 1

http://i62.tinypic.com/2iw0cc0.jpg

^^not me, some fundamentalist guy on a message board

You'll have that guy beaten in no time.

Then we can all speculate as to what the TRF icon will be for four million posts. I suggest "Impatient Cat" (Best I Can reference). It can be this thing: :pussy: .

• Like 1

No, because not only would we lose the level icons, but that would punish the people that earned their high post counts the legit way -- by making posts that matter.

I guess I don't understand why post count matters. It just seems like it encourages people to post for the sake of posting, not because they have anything worthwhile to contribute.

Speaking only for myself, others here may and probably do disagree, I don't think it is fair that spam posts should count.

• Like 3

Speaking only for myself, others here may and probably do disagree, I don't think it is fair that spam posts should count.

:goodone:
  • Like 1

making posts that matter.

I'm still trying to come up with my first one of those. :|

It'll be pretty awesome if I sign in one day and find that the rules have changed and I have zero posts credited to my name after all this time. :LOL:

Self deprecation is an awesome tool to have in your arsenal.... :cheers:
  • Like 2

i don't think that there are many here who are so taken with themselves that they think their posts are worth something special. I know I don't. I don't come here to straighten the crooked curves in the world. I come here to be with Rush fans since I do not know any in my area. And to discuss a very old and dear love of mine - music. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

i don't think that there are many here who are so taken with themselves that they think their posts are worth something special. I know I don't. I don't come here to straighten the crooked curves in the world. I come here to be with Rush fans since I do not know any in my area. And to discuss a very old and dear love of mine - music.

I would hope some folks are entertained and think at least a few of mine are entertaining at least a little. I am an unabashed attention ho however so..... :madra:
  • Like 2

Narp 11K as of today.

1000 posts in 16 days.

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Narp 12K.... only fourteen days this time..

And another ten days for the next 1000.

Narp may be the closest thing to illustrating Xeno's paradox on this here forum.

• Like 2

Narp 11K as of today.

1000 posts in 16 days.

Narp may be the closest thing to illustrating Xeno's paradox on this here forum.

Now I have to google Xeno's paradox.... :rage: :)

Narp 11K as of today.

1000 posts in 16 days.

I looked it up and still don't get it!! :rage: :smash: Its Xeno's only with a Z if anyone else tries. LABT actually made a booboo for once.... :)

Here's an explanation:

When moving from one place to another, you must first get halfway there. Well, that's OK, but now you have to go half of the remaining distance, and then half of that distance, etcetera. It probably sounds silly but it did pose a big problem for philosophers for a while.

Here's an explanation:

When moving from one place to another, you must first get halfway there. Well, that's OK, but now you have to go half of the remaining distance, and then half of that distance, etcetera. It probably sounds silly but it did pose a big problem for philosophers for a while.

I would bet my son knows everything about it majoring in philosophy. I will ask him later when I see him.... :eh:

Narp 11K as of today.

1000 posts in 16 days.

I looked it up and still don't get it!! :rage: :smash: Its Xeno's only with a Z if anyone else tries. LABT actually made a booboo for once.... :)

In my defense, there seems to be some confusion out there about X vs Z.

http://h2g2.com/edited_entry/A541937/conversation/view/F66223/T112780

In any case, what I was getting at is the classic version of the paradox which states that if you're trying to catch a runner you first have to get the place where the runner is now by which time the runner has moved ahead and therefore you can never catch up. (The solution is that distance run equals time multiplied by speed and therefore if for example you're running 10 meters, your speed is 10 meters per hour and your opponent with a speed of 5 meters per hour and is given a 2 meter head start, you'll get there in an hour which will be ahead of your opponent who will take 1 hr and 36 mins (he will be at the 7 meter mark after an hour).

• Like 1

Narp 11K as of today.

1000 posts in 16 days.

In my defense, there seems to be some confusion out there about X vs Z.

http://h2g2.com/edit.../F66223/T112780

In any case, what I was getting at is the classic version of the paradox which states that if you're trying to catch a runner you first have to get the place where the runner is now by which time the runner has moved ahead and therefore you can never catch up. (The solution is that distance run equals time multiplied by speed and therefore if for example you're running 10 meters, your speed is 10 meters per hour and your opponent with a speed of 5 meters per hour and is given a 2 meter head start, you'll get there in an hour which will be ahead of your opponent who will take 1 hr and 36 mins (he will be at the 7 meter mark after an hour).

Thanks I got it now..... :cheers:
  • Like 2

Having said that it's not the best analogy because what I was referring to related more to the exponential decreases in time in Narp reaching another 1000 posts (first 16 then 15 then 10 days) so that as the time to the next thousand decreases the speed of posting increases until for the time to reach its limit of zero (assuming time can not be reversed) Narp would have to post a near infinite number of posts per microsecond just before everything would finally blow up and become impossible.

So it's really not the same thing at all...I thought I could put something together that tied them together and made sense but upon further review...nope.

Mea culpa...

• Like 2

Having said that it's not the best analogy because what I was referring to related more to the exponential decreases in time in Narp reaching another 1000 posts (first 16 then 15 then 10 days) so that as the time to the next thousand decreases the speed of posting increases until for the time to reach its limit of zero (assuming time can not be reversed) Narp would have to post a near infinite number of posts per microsecond just before everything would finally blow up and become impossible.

So it's really not the same thing at all...I thought I could put something together that tied them together and made sense but upon further review...nope.

Mea culpa...

I appreciate anybody noticing anything I do so thanks for that. I was thinking just at a steady rate of quality posts I could get to 13K by my birthday but I am slightly ahead of that schedule.....

Narp 11K as of today.

1000 posts in 16 days.

You're slipping, Narp. 16 days from 13 to 14K.

• Like 1