Rolling Stone's 40 greatest rock documentaries

clem

I saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers documentary the other day and it was very good. Very good.

Great story too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M4Q35e0-fPQ

Any thread that leads me to ^^^ is a winner. :7up:

Yeah Urgh! A Music War is a great compilation of concert clips. Here is my favorite

• Like 1

I appreciate BTLS stage for one reason (and, no, not because it was a pretty well done documentary about my favorite band). I appreciate it because every person I have loaned my copy to has come back and genuinely said something to the effect of having developed a high degree of respect for the band. Keep in mind that most of the folks I have loaned it to are the type who previously maligned or made fun of Rush. For that impact alone (getting so many naysayers to begrudgingly tip their hats to Rush after all these years), BTLS is a great piece.

I also enjoy the fact that conversations with these friends about the band after they have seen the documentary inspire some interesting topics... from the Odd Couple kinship between Rush and Kiss... to the wide variety of rock musicians who basically came out of the "Rush closet" for that documentary... to the humble nature and compelling backgrounds of all three members of the band... to the sad demise of radio as a medium... even to the reality that Alex and Geddy dropped out of high school as a statement on the fact American/Canadian public education system regresses to the mean and does very little to inspire gifted students (Alex and Geddy are clearly quite intelligent and obviously talented, but school couldn't give them at least one compelling reason to stick it out?).... not bad for a rockumentary.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime
  • Like 1