Is anyone else completely sick of hearing about Johnny Manziel?

laughedatbytime

NFL coverage  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you completely sick of hearing about Johnny Manziel?

• yes
    • No

I can't take any more of the coverage of Johnny Manziel. It makes me only watch the games, not SportsCenter or any of the pregame shows.

Enough about this guy. Something must show that this guy drives ratings, but I'd be shocked if he turns out to be a great NFL player...the coverage saturation is just way too much...

I have been ignoring sports completely (except golf) for a while now thank god. To much real news to pay attention too. When the NFL tees it up for real I will be front and center again.....

I think they're desperate for a new quarterback star for when Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers are not around.

They've tried to talk up the new wave of QBs but no one is all that convinced by them. They're "stars" of a fashion by default but never superstars. Let me break down why the new wave have failed to satisfy the media and the fans.

Cam Newton - Cam is a more of runner than a thrower, the superman celebration is foolish, and when he's losing he covers his head in a towel.

Colin Kaepernick - Kap is more of a runner than a thrower, the tats have more personality than him and the bicep kissing celebration is fuckking stupid!

RG3 - Griffin is more of a runner than a thrower (can you sense a theme here? Mind you JM is more of a runner than a thrower too but anyway...), his busted knees have more personality than he has and when he loses he plots to get rid of his head coach and GM.

Russell Wilson - Wilson is more of a runner than a thrower, he's too much of a good guy and his success seems to depend on the defense and Marshawn Lynch. Wilson does seem to have more personality than a pack of gum though.

Andrew Luck - Isn't more of a runner than a thrower but still runs too much and takes hits, is the ugliest motherf**ker on earth and his Amish-style beard has more personality than he does.

Ryan Tannehill - Ryan is more of a runner than a thrower because his o-line forces him to run for his life, his girlfriend is more interesting than his whole team and when they lose or win his GM and head coach plot to destroy the team.

So that's why Johnny Manziel is catching the attention of the media.

• Like 3

I know he's not done jack but I'll watch every game he plays. If his coaches don't mess him up and let him do his thing, he might get injured, but he might give us some magic. He's fascinating to watch. everything he does is under microscope

I know he's not done jack but I'll watch every game he plays. If his coaches don't mess him up and let him do his thing, he might get injured, but he might give us some magic. He's fascinating to watch. everything he does is under microscope

I don't even want to watch the Monday Night game with the Browns and Skins because I don't want to hear about the guy the whole time. It's like watching Madden do a game with Favre. Fortunately I'll be able to watch a tape of the Dolphins playing some team with Arena League unis.

• Like 1

I fired ESPN a long time ago, and I don't have the NFL Network, so what little I see of Manziel is online. I can delete him with just one click of the mouse.

Network sports channels are pure crap these days. Nothing but bandwagon drivel about Manziel, Woods, or whoever they deem their latest media cash cow..... :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

• Like 3

I fired ESPN a long time ago, and I don't have the NFL Network, so what little I see of Manziel is online. I can delete him with just one click of the mouse.

Network sports channels are pure crap these days. Nothing but bandwagon drivel about Manziel, Woods, or whoever they deem their latest media cash cow..... :boo hiss: :boo hiss:

The Packers and Rams are about to start on NFLN. Any guesses on the over/under of Michael Sam references?

• Like 1

The Packers and Rams are about to start on NFLN. Any guesses on the over/under of Michael Sam references?

Is Michael Sam more of a runner or a thrower though, does he have more personality than Cam Newton's towel, and what does he do when he loses?

• Like 1

Is Michael Sam more of a runner or a thrower though, does he have more personality than Cam Newton's towel, and what does he do when he loses?

And does he go shopping with Lindsey Vonn? :huh:

• Like 2

Probably gets a rub and a tug from his boyfriend Sergio...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 1

I was sick of hearing about him last season, never mind this one. His money celebration makes me want to donkey punch the fugly fat bish.

I hate to say this but he sounds like another Kap/Cam/RG3.

1. He's more of a runner than a thrower

2. He has an idiotic TD celebration

3. He will be pissed on a losing team and plot against his HC and GM, who could be ousted at any time.

4. Even though his "bad boy" partying image makes him seem like he has personality, he's probably got as much personality in reality as the snot in Cam Newton's towel.

5. He has the insane jug ears and stupid grin to compete with Andrew Luck's Amish beard and farm boy retard look.

• Like 2

Packer offense looking pretty good against a very good St Louis D on their first two drives.

Game remarkably penalty free so far (though a TD was called back on a hold).

Packer offense looking pretty good against a very good St Louis D on their first two drives.

Game remarkably penalty free so far (though a TD was called back on a hold).

I hope the refs don't throw as many flags in the season proper as they have done thus far in preseason.

Am I overdoing the "he's more of a runner than a thrower" theme yet? :huh:

No. Not enough really.

If you were Sean Payton, how would you motivate Graham to stop the friggin' annoying dunks? Extra sprints at practice?

What? Never! :LOL:

It's a fair point though. The new breed of QBs are too eager to run now than stay put & pass neatly out of the pocket imo.

From what I've seen of Manziel's college tapes, his first instinct is to run. That's going to make it harder for him to be effective at this level .

No. Not enough really.

If you were Sean Payton, how would you motivate Graham to stop the friggin' annoying dunks? Extra sprints at practice?

Do you really think there's any chance he'd do it in a real game?

• Like 1

No. Not enough really.

I think he just needs to find a new outlet for his energies. Maybe a dance celebration? Whatever he comes up with it's got to be better than Lance Moore's two left feet performances. :16ton:

No. Not enough really.

Hey its New Orleans...Remember Joe Horn?

No. Not enough really.

Oh yeah. I was still playing fantasy football at the time and he was on my team. I hate the need to celebrate a TD in some creative way...but if the guy is any kind of teammate he wouldn't do it. I can't see him doing it in a real game.

I'm actually surprised that Goodell allows this call given that it reduces the chance of a touchback on the kickoff...

No. Not enough really.

Of course! He and Eric Martin were the best receivers in SAINTS history, maybe still are but Colston has all their records now.