Is anyone else completely sick of hearing about Johnny Manziel?

laughedatbytime

NFL coverage  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you completely sick of hearing about Johnny Manziel?

• yes
    • No

He finally did something and he will be getting fined by league. Can't fly the middle finger on national tv.

He is gonna crash and burn. He's not coachable... he does what he wants... I say 2 years in Cleveland and then he might bounce around a little before flaming out.

All he cares about is being famous and making money. He could give a shit about winning football games... or his team.

Connor Shaw came in and almost won the game for the Browns. Yeah, yeah, I know it's preseason, but it was a clear dichotomy of who wants the job more.

I Manziel's defense, it is a completely different offense he's playing in.

That's why he needed to behave like a choirboy and study this past spring/summer. Party next year. But....he didn't.

• Like 1

He finally did something and he will be getting fined by league. Can't fly the middle finger on national tv.

He is gonna crash and burn. He's not coachable... he does what he wants... I say 2 years in Cleveland and then he might bounce around a little before flaming out.

All he cares about is being famous and making money. He could give a shit about winning football games... or his team.

Did you watch him play in college?

Of course... who didn't? :)

He's in the NFL now

Mara's poor hubby has to watch the Mizzou games all by himself. What a shame!

Tip to Mara: if you want to really piss off most football fans, just be objectionable about all the teams. I have found this to be a way to become really hated by others, especially if you tell the truth about your favorite team.

We sort of have a weird ritual when Mizzou is playing on TV. He stays in the living room and watches there. I stay upstairs and read, play on the computer, watch the other TV, whatever. He is convinced Mizzou does better when we're set up this way. I'm the one who actually pointed it out to him a few years ago during MLB playoffs - it seemed like St. Louis would score when I was hanging upstairs. When I came down and tried to watch the game with him, all sorts of shit went sideways on the ball field. I love baseball so we just watch playoffs in separate rooms if the Cards are playing. It's carried over to the Tigers' games. (Plus he has flaming jackass on dex tendencies, sad to say).

Like a lot of people, he takes it waaaaaayyy too seriously. The morning of the Mizzou/A&M game, my husband walked outside to where I was doing some kind of minor yard task, took a deep breath, squared his shoulders and said, with the sort of solemnity TV anchors use when breaking news of global tragedy, "Big day today. This game is huge."

I replied, "Oh yeah, I know. What time do you have to be at the field for warmup and game prep?" At least he laughed.

I'll admit, it's very irrational, almost like a tribal religion. I can't explain it. I can tell you this and I wouldn't be lying: when certain SEC teams play against each other, in the fans' minds (mine included) they might as well be pointing cannons and have the bayonets fixed on the rifles. It's that important. And, I can't explain why it matters so much, and it shouldn't matter that much.

I think I'd not care as much IF the Gamecocks ever actually win the SEC. I know I haven't paid much attention to the baseball since we won the back to back national championships.

Do you like football at all? Is it just this aspect of it that you h8?

Tip to Mara: if you want to really piss off most football fans, just be objectionable about all the teams. I have found this to be a way to become really hated by others, especially if you tell the truth about your favorite team.

We sort of have a weird ritual when Mizzou is playing on TV. He stays in the living room and watches there. I stay upstairs and read, play on the computer, watch the other TV, whatever. He is convinced Mizzou does better when we're set up this way. I'm the one who actually pointed it out to him a few years ago during MLB playoffs - it seemed like St. Louis would score when I was hanging upstairs. When I came down and tried to watch the game with him, all sorts of shit went sideways on the ball field. I love baseball so we just watch playoffs in separate rooms if the Cards are playing. It's carried over to the Tigers' games. (Plus he has flaming jackass on dex tendencies, sad to say).

Like a lot of people, he takes it waaaaaayyy too seriously. The morning of the Mizzou/A&M game, my husband walked outside to where I was doing some kind of minor yard task, took a deep breath, squared his shoulders and said, with the sort of solemnity TV anchors use when breaking news of global tragedy, "Big day today. This game is huge."

I replied, "Oh yeah, I know. What time do you have to be at the field for warmup and game prep?" At least he laughed.

I'll admit, it's very irrational, almost like a tribal religion. I can't explain it. I can tell you this and I wouldn't be lying: when certain SEC teams play against each other, in the fans' minds (mine included) they might as well be pointing cannons and have the bayonets fixed on the rifles. It's that important. And, I can't explain why it matters so much, and it shouldn't matter that much.

I think I'd not care as much IF the Gamecocks ever actually win the SEC. I know I haven't paid much attention to the baseball since we won the back to back national championships.

It's mostly that aspect I hate, though I've found I do prefer sports that are a little faster paced such as hockey. I know if baseball were any slower they'd call it "cricket", but go figure, I love the game.

He's in the NFL now

I didn't watch him at all when he played in college. Not one play. The first time I saw his smugly face (combine "smug" and "ugly") was at the NFL Draft.

He's a narcissistic dooshbag......and narcissistic dooshbags tend to fail miserably in the NFL.

It's mostly that aspect I hate, though I've found I do prefer sports that are a little faster paced such as hockey. I know if baseball were any slower they'd call it "cricket", but go figure, I love the game.

Yeah, if you sort of look at where the most rabid fans are, for college sports teams, generally speaking they aren't in big cities, and thus no pro teams. Of course there a few exceptions to this. Also, the opposite is true. People in the big cities pay 0 attention to college sports, again, exemptions exist(Southern Cow/UCLA, but they don't have a pro team).

I know he's not done jack but I'll watch every game he plays. If his coaches don't mess him up and let him do his thing, he might get injured, but he might give us some magic. He's fascinating to watch. everything he does is under microscope

I am very tired of hearing about him. But I also live in San Antonio and have been hearing the Johnny talk since he was playing his high school ball at Kerrville Tivy. Then he went to A&M and, trust me, Aggies are already annoying trash talkers - so the Manziel and SEC factor took them in to a whole other level of annoying.

But here's why I am really tired of the Manziel talk. While I agree he has talent and he can overcome his size, mostly because he has the heart of a winner, he is not very smart. I have heard a few people try to compare him to a potential Drew Brees. The problem with that comparison is Drew Brees is a class act who doesn't do stupid things. Translation: Drew is smart and mature, Johnny is neither of those things. He pretty clearly has a problem with his lifestyle choices. He pretty clearly doesn't see that he has a problem and only says the right things A) after getting caught doing something stupid... again, and B) he has been heavily coached by his handlers.

Could be be the next Drew Brees? Sure, if he figures out how to be a man, rather than a manchild. But he could also be the next Ryan Leaf....

He's in the NFL now

I didn't watch him at all when he played in college. Not one play. The first time I saw his smugly face (combine "smug" and "ugly") was at the NFL Draft.

He's a narcissistic dooshbag......and narcissistic dooshbags tend to fail miserably in the NFL.

Ryan Leaf, redux.
  • Like 1

He's in the NFL now

Ryan Leaf, redux.

With a hint of Jarmarcus Russell thrown in for good measure.

• Like 1

Took Manzier's replacement one game to surpass his top passing yardage.

Kenny Hill is no slouch. He was an outstanding high school player. Really good in baseball too. His Dad used to pitch in the majors including with my Rangers.

Kenny Hill is no slouch. He was an outstanding high school player. Really good in baseball too. His Dad used to pitch in the majors including with my Rangers.

Is he the son of Ken Hill? I remember that guy...

He was a pretty damn good pitcher while with the Rangers. Well, he was on the upper end of an average rotation.
  • Like 1

He was a pretty damn good pitcher while with the Rangers. Well, he was on the upper end of an average rotation.

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mQm4WtRQCm_tNuxZG6kLRHg.jpg

I think I had him on my fantasy baseball team when he played for Montreal.

I am officially avoiding any NFL coverage prior to this week's games, to avoid, to the best of my ability, hearing one more word about Johnny Manziel.

My son's Christmas list includes Russell Wilson and Johnny Manziel game jerseys.

:facepalm:

If I may ask, what reason did he give for wanting a Manziel jersey?

My son's Christmas list includes Russell Wilson and Johnny Manziel game jerseys.

I think he just likes the fingers rubbing money gesture and the fact that everyone talks about him. He scored a goal in a hockey game this weekend and did the finger rubbing gesture. I told him if I saw that again he'd be parked next to me for the next game.

• Like 4

I think he just likes the fingers rubbing money gesture and the fact that everyone talks about him. He scored a goal in a hockey game this weekend and did the finger rubbing gesture. I told him if I saw that again he'd be parked next to me for the next game.

You just got my vote for Father of The Year......:ebert:

• Like 1