Favorite Robin Williams Character

Tom Sawyer

Favorite Robin Williams Character  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Robin Williams Character

• John Keating (Dead Poets Society)
    • Daniel Hillard/Mrs. Euphegenia Doubtfire (duh)
    • Alan Parrish (Jumanji)
    • Sean Maguire (Good Will Hunting)
    • Bob Munro (RV)
    • Other _________________

Favorite Robin Williams Character...

I really did love his work!!!

I'm not even giving you the chance to select Adrian Cronauer in GOOD MORNING VIETNAM! Because that was without ANY DOUBT his best performance... don't even TRY to budge me on this... I WON'T!!!

I won't really miss him because I will keep watching him over and over and over until the day I die!!!

Sean Maguire for me. He was brilliant and its a top 10 movie all time for me. The bench scene alone is worth the price of admission.....
  • Like 4

You missed a big one, Genie from Aladdin

Yes.

And I've seen the the Disneyland performance of Aladdin many, many times -- the genie simulates Williams performance with updated dialogue -- very entertaining!!

Hard to choose just one role from him. I would say Parry or Chris Nielson.

Pic from my upper floor corridor...

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh597/greyfriar2112/DSCN2188_zps4aeacc3b.jpg

• Like 1

While I think he was brilliant in most of his roles I think I enjoyed him most as a talk show guest and as a stand up comic. The way he thought was so unusual and the way he connected seemingly unrelatable subjects was unmatched. His comedy was instinctual and in constant forward motion, it was dizzying at his height. I used to listen to his and Steve Martin's records repeatedly. Even though I knew those bits they were fresh every time.
  • Like 1

While I think he was brilliant in most of his roles I think I enjoyed him most as a talk show guest and as a stand up comic. The way he thought was so unusual and the way he connected seemingly unrelatable subjects was unmatched. His comedy was instinctual and in constant forward motion, it was dizzying at his height. I used to listen to his and Steve Martin's records repeatedly. Even though I knew those bits they were fresh every time.

I agree with this, my favorite part of Robin's career was his stand-up comedy wherever he performed it, onstage, on a talk show or wherever. After that I liked him as Mork and then Mrs Doubtfire after that.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to catch him on Happy Days, Mork & Mindy and his HBO standup specials when they happened at a young age; he positively influenced me - I couldn't stop laughing. I'll always remember when I caught him on one of those early HBO specials somewhere between '80-'82 (I was 12-14yo), he had a little bit about screwing up kindergartners by teaching them about entropy... Of course, I went to the dictionary, looked up entropy, and have been losing sleep ever since...

There are a few movies of his I still have yet to see: Patch Adams, One Hour Photo come to mind... his new stuff. CBS was ridiculously stupid for cancelling The Crazy Ones; I couldn't stop laughing during those shows - the entire cast played off each other so well, and the bits with Paisley & Groban... hilarious! Network execs are fools.

I'm not even giving you the chance to select Adrian Cronauer in GOOD MORNING VIETNAM! Because that was without ANY DOUBT his best performance... don't even TRY to budge me on this... I WON'T!!!

Well, since I can't pick Adrian Cronauer, I'll have to go for for Parry in The Fisher King

• Like 2

I like him in "Toys" from 1992. Wasn't a box office smash but I like the film. I think his first or one of his first films was "The World According to Garp" from 1982 which came out right after Mork and Mindy was cancelled.
  • Like 2

The teacher went with Keating, of course. A wonderful performance that has helped me keep a focus on what matters most in my profession: Assigning lots of homework.

:P

Mrs Doubtfire is on right now on TV, I've got it on disc and can avoid commercials.. i'm so lazy... I digress -- I can't find a comment on uncle Milton Berle on this "best drag" performance... I know many put up Tootsie as the best - not me. This is up there with Milton.
  • Like 1

Many good ones mentioned but I'll mention ones that haven't been posted yet.

Best of Times - Most underrated of his comedies.

Moscow on the Hudson

World's Greatest Dad

Also, even though it's a music video, I loved his cameo on the video for Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin.

Edited by invisible airwave

I remember Robin Williams gave an absolutely amazing performance in an episode of Homicide: Life on the Street, for which he received an Emmy nomination for best guest actor in a drama series.

I'll have to watch that episode again. It really was a powerhouse performance.