How much longer can Ged hold on?

I'm still part of the consensus that Geddy sounded better on the Clockwork Angels Live DVD than he did on Time Machine Live.

I think most of us are in the same camp. I rarely listen to Time Machine because of his voice. I need to go find some bootlegs from other shows where he wasn't sick as a dog.

I'm still part of the consensus that Geddy sounded better on the Clockwork Angels Live DVD than he did on Time Machine Live.

I think most of us are in the same camp. I rarely listen to Time Machine because of his voice. I need to go find some bootlegs from other shows where he wasn't sick as a dog.

I couldn't even tell he was sick, I had no idea until I saw someone mentin it on here. I actually think he sounds really good on Time Machine. He sounds good on CA as well, but I think he sounds like he's struggling a bit more. I have no idea why, but since Snakes Geddy can't really sing certain vowels any more. Anybody else notice that? Like Force Ten from CA, "tough Tooooiiiiiimes!" Or at the Beginning of Grand Designs he had to trigger a sample of "Different degrees" . On other songs though he sounded awesome (everything from CA, Body Electric, Big Money)
  • Like 1

This will be the last tour. There will not be any more full albums......maybe a 2 or 3 song single of some sort. If they were going to do another album, it would have to be before the tour, and that's not happening. By the time the tour ends, they'll be exhausted and 2016 will be upon us.

I just don't see it happening. Get your front row seats this tour or you'll be out of luck...........

Alex I feel will cause the end due to the arthritis in his hands.

I think he mentioned Psoriasis not sure if that is related to arthritis.

It's Psoriatic Arthritis.

Thanks,

Wasn't sure of the exact condition.

• Like 1

This will be the last tour. There will not be any more full albums......maybe a 2 or 3 song single of some sort. If they were going to do another album, it would have to be before the tour, and that's not happening. By the time the tour ends, they'll be exhausted and 2016 will be upon us.

I just don't see it happening. Get your front row seats this tour or you'll be out of luck...........

I wouldn't be so sure about that,

Only time will tell. As far as front row seats. I don't really care either way. Just want to see them. :codger: :rush:

• Like 2

Alex I feel will cause the end due to the arthritis in his hands.

I think he mentioned Psoriasis not sure if that is related to arthritis.

Alex said he needed extra time to warm up before a concert because his fingers are usually stiff from Psoriatic Arthritis.

As a musician, stiffness is reduced but doest go away and will slow him down with age. I have a feeling (just an opinion) that Geddys hands might be an issue which is why they did so many songs with keys in the first set if CA tour.

Don't be such a Debbie downer.

• Like 1

I think they should make shorter tours. Cause By the end of them.....Ged is shot. CA Tour had better vocals then Time machine DVD. But still some of those high notes on the CA songs. Ouch. But you can't blame a man who's over 60.

Mick

• Like 1

I think they should make shorter tours. Cause By the end of them.....Ged is shot. CA Tour had better vocals then Time machine DVD. But still some of those high notes on the CA songs. Ouch. But you can't blame a man who's over 60.

Mick

You have a point about the tour lengths. Of course, they could also shorten the sets. But if the sets are shortened, they might also want to either lower ticket prices or schedule an opening act.

• Like 1

Mick

That's a good point,

Maybe take off a few weeks in between a tour.

Mick

You have a point about the tour lengths. Of course, they could also shorten the sets. But if the sets are shortened, they might also want to either lower ticket prices or schedule an opening act.

Oh, no, please don't shorten the sets! They don't seem long enough as it is.

And an opening act, regardless of how much I liked then, would be just barely tolerated as I wished for them to hurry and be done.

• Like 1

Mick

And an opening act, regardless of how much I liked then, would be just barely tolerated as I wished for them to hurry and be done.

The prices are fine,

And I would not like it at all if they had an opening ct.

• Like 3

Mick

The prices are fine,

I would like to see David Barrett trio, opening for Rush...

http://youtu.be/KTjJT6nQlVc

Edited by RUDT

Mick

The prices are fine,

I would like to see David Barrett trio, opening for Rush...

http://youtu.be/KTjJT6nQlVc

:no: :tsk:

• Like 1

Troutman, Alex would not be happy to see that you don't support his band...

It's not that at all,

I just don't think at this point of there career they need an opeing act. If they ever did, it would have to some one like UFO or a band that they toured with back in the 70's. Otherwise, I would wait outside until the opening act was over.

Edited by troutman
  • Like 4

It's not that at all,

I just don't think at this point of there career they need an opeing act. If they ever did, it would have to some one like UFO or a band that they toured with back in the 70's. Otherwise, I would wait outside until the opening act was over.

There are plenty of bands I would like to see open up for RUSH mainly:

Triumph & Zebra both three piece bands and semi-progressive. Other than that maybe Fates Warning or Saga but honestly, I'd prefer an Evening with RUSH every time. They just have way to many songs and if Geddy isn't comfortable singing some stuff, they could always supplement their setlists with instrumentals or Instrumedleys of older stuff. The R30 Instrumedley was great. This could be great as well:

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

It's not that at all,

Oh yes!!!!!!

http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/features/tom-morello-metal-albums/ufo-strangers-630-80.jpg

• Like 2

Triumph & Zebra both three piece bands and semi-progressive. Other than that maybe Fates Warning or Saga but honestly, I'd prefer an Evening with RUSH every time. They just have way to many songs and if Geddy isn't comfortable singing some stuff, they could always supplement their setlists with instrumentals or Instrumedleys of older stuff. The R30 Instrumedley was great. This could be great as well:

Just curious, but why would you want any band to open for Rush, rather than seeing both bands on their own?

My friend's mom went to go see Black Sabbath back in the 70's and they had this relatively unknown band open for them. The crowd loved them so much they started crying for them to come back after Black Sabbath took the stage.

It was a band called Kansas.

• Like 4

It's not that at all,

I could live with those two bands! :cool:

• Like 1

It's not that at all,

Oh yes!!!!!!

http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/features/tom-morello-metal-albums/ufo-strangers-630-80.jpg

Fu** yeah!!!!

That would be awesome. :haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 2

Just Rush. Rush don't need any other band at a concert.

My friend's mom went to go see Black Sabbath back in the 70's and they had this relatively unknown band open for them. The crowd loved them so much they started crying for them to come back after Black Sabbath took the stage.

I went to something like that. The opening act came on and they were brilliant and then the main act came on and there was a big 'awww'. I can't remember for the life of me who it was though :( .