• 1730 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

View PostYYZumbi, on 14 August 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 14 August 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 14 August 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 14 August 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 14 August 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 14 August 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

The need for therapy is strong in this thread.

What you mean by that?

Regardless of peoples' choices to have or not to have kids, a lot of issues are being brought out by various posters. Whether it's deep seeded regret, anger, remorse etc.  If this were an in-person chat session a psychologist would run out of business cards.

haha allright, well I got my reasons why I hate kids..

Is it the kids you hate, or is it lousy parenting that bugs you more?

Well its the screaming, and fighting and the way they are running around that I hate. Why can they not just sit down and shut up?

Well that's parenting. That's not the kid's fault. Unless you're sitting in a Chuck E Cheese. Then it's a you problem!

Sponsored Post

#62 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

Vapor Trail

• Members *
  • 18664 posts
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

View Postedhunter, on 14 August 2014 - 05:43 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 14 August 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 14 August 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 14 August 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 14 August 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 14 August 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

The need for therapy is strong in this thread.

What you mean by that?

Regardless of peoples' choices to have or not to have kids, a lot of issues are being brought out by various posters. Whether it's deep seeded regret, anger, remorse etc.  If this were an in-person chat session a psychologist would run out of business cards.

haha allright, well I got my reasons why I hate kids..

Is it the kids you hate, or is it lousy parenting that bugs you more?

Well its the screaming, and fighting and the way they are running around that I hate. Why can they not just sit down and shut up?

Well that's parenting. That's not the kid's fault. Unless you're sitting in a Chuck E Cheese. Then it's a you problem!

Most of the times its worst when I am sitting on a bus. Lucky thou that I dont take the bus so much anymore since I got my driving license!

#63 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

View PostYYZumbi, on 14 August 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 14 August 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostYYZumbi, on 14 August 2014 - 03:47 PM, said:

I am that kinda guy that hate kids, I just get angry and annoyed when I am around them.

All they do is screaming and fighting and destroy.

So no kids for me, thanks!

Hate is a strong word concerning children,

I understand not wanting any. I myself can be impatient if they are around me all the time. I love children, but it's not my thing 24/7. BTW, I hand out doughnuts to them in the hood all the time. :D

Well it is the truth. If I hear a kid scream on the bus, and destroy my music-time, then I get so angry that I close my fist really hard..

You should think of their parents at that stage. :lol:

#64 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 17672 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

Ah, yes, why can't everyone do what I want them to do? Don't they know that it's what I want that really matters the most? Why hasn't anyone informed them??

These kids, who can make sounds, and can move around...it's just terrible.

:eyeroll:

#65 ThatLightInYourEyes

ThatLightInYourEyes

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1596 posts
  • Location:"Underwater by the end of this century!" rave the climatologists.
  • Interests:Trying. Just trying.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

I was given meds by the boatload since childhood, so conception is a scary prospect for me. And as for adoption, I would have to prove that I can provide a stable home for a child. How can I do that when I'm not even a stable human being? :huh:

#66 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24288 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostBlue J, on 15 August 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

Ah, yes, why can't everyone do what I want them to do? Don't they know that it's what I want that really matters the most? Why hasn't anyone informed them??

I know of one couple who I wish had decided to stay "child free."

:yes:

#67 tx_rush

tx_rush

I am Cornholio!

• Members *
  • 5754 posts
  • Interests:playing music, baseball, fishing, hunting

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostDr. Sheldon Cooper, on 15 August 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

Posted Image

#68 tx_rush

tx_rush

I am Cornholio!

• Members *
  • 5754 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

The worst are the kids that get their feelings hurt way to easily, and say "im never going to talk to you again!!!", but somehow can never follow through because they love attention far to much

#69 edhunter

edhunter

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1730 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

View Posttx_rush, on 15 August 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

The worst are the kids that get their feelings hurt way to easily, and say "im never going to talk to you again!!!", but somehow can never follow through because they love attention far to much

Because you NEVER said that when you were 6 did you?

#70 tx_rush

tx_rush

I am Cornholio!

• Members *
  • 5754 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

View Postedhunter, on 15 August 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

I think you missed the joke here

#71 edhunter

edhunter

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1730 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

View Posttx_rush, on 15 August 2014 - 11:54 AM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 15 August 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

I think you missed the joke here

Upon second reading, yes. Yes I have.

#72 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=afam2nIae4o

:D

#73 DarthLen

DarthLen

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Yup, parenting (well) is tough. It's about sacrifice of all kinds: time, money, dreams, fantasies... Kids can suck it all up and not even know they are doing it just by merely existing.

In my early 20's, I was with a girl who told me it was physically impossible for her to get pregnant due to an extreme situation (putting it mildly here). We agreed that should the impossible happen, that due to our current situation (I was just starting college, both working at McHell, barely eking by in a 500 sq. ft. apt. and my absolute certainty that I would resent the little interloper immensely as I had a lot of selfish wants to accomplish first) we would opt out ASAP. Of course, as fate (and my super sperm) would have it, in our 2nd year together she got preggofied. We followed through and terminated immediately within the first 4 weeks; a horrible procedure to be sure, but one that I still believe should be available to those who choose it.
We were together another 6 years before our relationship also was terminated.

Fast forward to 6 years ago, after I truly & finally DID meet my soulmate, and we have somehow been blessed and graced with the most beautiful child born out of love (I remember looking in the mirror after the night of passion, and absolutely KNOWING that we had just created life; true story); so much more than I could have possibly imagined.

Every day, my single best joy is feeling the absolute love emanating from within our little angel. Watching her grow, helping her along the way, and just being there with her - we laugh a LOT. Nothing else comes close to beating the absolute joy and love I feel when both my wife and daughter are sleeping with their heads on my shoulders; It's an amazing feeling that I wish the entire world could feel somehow - I think we'd all be much better off for it.

#74 ladirushfan80

ladirushfan80

Dawn's Early Light

• Members
  • 12338 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with friends and family. Spirituality. Music. Getting out in the world and trying to appreciate and make the most out of each and every day. Always a work in progress...

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

It was kind of a thing in that i always knew it was going to happen in my world.  
It really wasn't a conscious decision that one day i would or wouldn't have kids - i just... did.
It has been an interesting ride.  I guess it was written somewhere that i'd give birth to 3 females, and raise them to be the wonderful beautiful adults they are today.  
I didn't have them for me, i had them for them.
Now, of those three - the oldest one who is 27, does want kids.  the 23 yr old, does not want kids, and the 21 yr old is hasn't made a concrete decision either way.

#75 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83534 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

I have no kids (yet) I'm a child myself, a child of the universe. :sundog:

#76 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

The Dane of the Culinary Arts

• Members *
  • 6125 posts
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 15 August 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

One might even say ... a child in time? :lol:

#77 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 83534 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 15 August 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 15 August 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

One might even say ... a child in time? :lol:

hah! Yeah!

:lol: :haz: :NP: :guitar: :clap:

#78 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

OK, I admit when I'm out somewhere, such as a non-Chuck E, Cheese restaurant or store and there are kids running around free as whirligigs, causing all sorts of mayhem while their parents either ignore them completely or smile indulgently at their little darlings - I start having mean thoughts about the children that may or may not involve NFL-caliber punts.  But it's really the stupid parents I'd like to punch in the throat.

Friday I was waiting in line at the grocery store; the four/five year old in line behind me BIT ME ON THE CALF!  Hard.  I of course jumped reflexively (and shouted "OW DAMMIT!"), since being chomped isn't near the top of my list of Things I Might Need To Guard Against At Kroger, and in the process knocked Hannibal Lecter Jr. on his ass.  Hannibal of course starts to cry.

While the mom didn't yell at me for knocking Hannibal over, she simply said, "oh sorry, he's going through a biting phase" as I bent to examine my calf for any actual punctures.  (Kids may not have a lot of PSI force in their jaws, but those teeth are sharp)  OK, lady, two things:
-One - he is clearly old enough to be past the biting phase, and if he's not, he is old enough to grasp the concepts of actions = consequences.
-Two - if you KNOW he is "going through a biting phase", THEN WATCH HIM!

I am afraid I wasn't very charitable and snarled something about getting the kid a muzzle and maybe a rabies shot.

I'm just missing some vital component that would enable me to connect with children.  Put me with one and it's like I've been plunked down on a planet populated by small aliens and they keep trying to engage me, but I have no clue what they're saying.  :huh:

Edited by Mara, 18 August 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#79 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

• Members *
  • 6125 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostMara, on 18 August 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

OK, I admit when I'm out somewhere, such as a non-Chuck E, Cheese restaurant or store and there are kids running around free as whirligigs, causing all sorts of mayhem while their parents either ignore them completely or smile indulgently at their little darlings - I start having mean thoughts about the children that may or may not involve NFL-caliber punts.  But it's really the stupid parents I'd like to punch in the throat.

Friday I was waiting in line at the grocery store; the four/five year old in line behind me BIT ME ON THE CALF!  Hard.  I of course jumped reflexively (and shouted "OW DAMMIT!"), since being chomped isn't near the top of my list of Things I Might Need To Guard Against At Kroger, and in the process knocked Hannibal Lecter Jr. on his ass.  Hannibal of course starts to cry.

While the mom didn't yell at me for knocking Hannibal over, she simply said, "oh sorry, he's going through a biting phase" as I bent to examine my calf for any actual punctures.  (Kids may not have a lot of PSI force in their jaws, but those teeth are sharp)  OK, lady, two things:
-One - he is clearly old enough to be past the biting phase, and if he's not, he is old enough to grasp the concepts of actions = consequences.
-Two - if you KNOW he is "going through a biting phase", THEN WATCH HIM!

I am afraid I wasn't very charitable and snarled something about getting the kid a muzzle and maybe a rabies shot.

I'm just missing some vital component that would enable me to connect with children.  Put me with one and it's like I've been plunked down on a planet populated by small aliens and they keep trying to engage me, but I have no clue what they're saying.  :huh:

I must admit that the way you describe that scenario cracked me up. It reminds me of my brother who when he gets mad is so funny I sometimes can't stop laughing.

Rabies shot :laughing guy:

#80 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

• Members *
  • 6125 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

I too feel the need to punch the bad parents on the throat for populating this world with little monsters, the rest of us will spend the rest of our lives damage controlling. That's one of the reasons I shouldn't have kids at this moment; I'd become one of them. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kids, child-free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users