Deciding to be child-free

x1yyz

I am that kinda guy that hate kids, I just get angry and annoyed when I am around them.

All they do is screaming and fighting and destroy.

So no kids for me, thanks!

Hate is a strong word concerning children,

I understand not wanting any. I myself can be impatient if they are around me all the time. I love children, but it's not my thing 24/7. BTW, I hand out doughnuts to them in the hood all the time. :D

Well it is the truth. If I hear a kid scream on the bus, and destroy my music-time, then I get so angry that I close my fist really hard..

Breathe in ... exhale ... breathe in ... exhale ... repeat

:P

Trust me, I have tryed that many times... dosent work..

Have you chosen to not have children? (This goes for men as well as women, since it takes two to tango.) If so, how old were you when you made that choice?

I made that choice in my early 20s...by my late 30s, I'd changed my mind. It was the right choice (both times) for me.

• Like 3

The need for therapy is strong in this thread.

What you mean by that?

Regardless of peoples' choices to have or not to have kids, a lot of issues are being brought out by various posters. Whether it's deep seeded regret, anger, remorse etc. If this were an in-person chat session a psychologist would run out of business cards.

What you mean by that?

Regardless of peoples' choices to have or not to have kids, a lot of issues are being brought out by various posters. Whether it's deep seeded regret, anger, remorse etc. If this were an in-person chat session a psychologist would run out of business cards.

haha allright, well I got my reasons why I hate kids..

I am that kinda guy that hate kids, I just get angry and annoyed when I am around them.

I understand not wanting any. I myself can be impatient if they are around me all the time. I love children, but it's not my thing 24/7. BTW, I hand out doughnuts to them in the hood all the time. :D

Well it is the truth. If I hear a kid scream on the bus, and destroy my music-time, then I get so angry that I close my fist really hard..

Ativan? or 2...... :eh:

What you mean by that?

Is it the kids you hate, or is it lousy parenting that bugs you more?

What you mean by that?

Well its the screaming, and fighting and the way they are running around that I hate. Why can they not just sit down and shut up?

What you mean by that?

Well its the screaming, and fighting and the way they are running around that I hate. Why can they not just sit down and shut up?

Well that's parenting. That's not the kid's fault. Unless you're sitting in a Chuck E Cheese. Then it's a you problem!

• Like 2

What you mean by that?

Well that's parenting. That's not the kid's fault. Unless you're sitting in a Chuck E Cheese. Then it's a you problem!

Most of the times its worst when I am sitting on a bus. Lucky thou that I dont take the bus so much anymore since I got my driving license!

You should think of their parents at that stage. :LOL:

Ah, yes, why can't everyone do what I want them to do? Don't they know that it's what I want that really matters the most? Why hasn't anyone informed them??

These kids, who can make sounds, and can move around...it's just terrible.

:eyeroll:

• Like 2

I was given meds by the boatload since childhood, so conception is a scary prospect for me. And as for adoption, I would have to prove that I can provide a stable home for a child. How can I do that when I'm not even a stable human being? :huh:

Ah, yes, why can't everyone do what I want them to do? Don't they know that it's what I want that really matters the most? Why hasn't anyone informed them??

I know of one couple who I wish had decided to stay "child free."

:yes:

• Like 2

http://img.izifunny.com/pics/2013/20130405/original/surprised-patrick-meme-28-pics_27.gif

• Like 3

The worst are the kids that get their feelings hurt way to easily, and say "im never going to talk to you again!!!", but somehow can never follow through because they love attention far to much

The worst are the kids that get their feelings hurt way to easily, and say "im never going to talk to you again!!!", but somehow can never follow through because they love attention far to much

Because you NEVER said that when you were 6 did you?

I think you missed the joke here

• Like 4

I think you missed the joke here

Upon second reading, yes. Yes I have.

• Like 3

Yup, parenting (well) is tough. It's about sacrifice of all kinds: time, money, dreams, fantasies... Kids can suck it all up and not even know they are doing it just by merely existing.

In my early 20's, I was with a girl who told me it was physically impossible for her to get pregnant due to an extreme situation (putting it mildly here). We agreed that should the impossible happen, that due to our current situation (I was just starting college, both working at McHell, barely eking by in a 500 sq. ft. apt. and my absolute certainty that I would resent the little interloper immensely as I had a lot of selfish wants to accomplish first) we would opt out ASAP. Of course, as fate (and my super sperm) would have it, in our 2nd year together she got preggofied. We followed through and terminated immediately within the first 4 weeks; a horrible procedure to be sure, but one that I still believe should be available to those who choose it.

We were together another 6 years before our relationship also was terminated.

Fast forward to 6 years ago, after I truly & finally DID meet my soulmate, and we have somehow been blessed and graced with the most beautiful child born out of love (I remember looking in the mirror after the night of passion, and absolutely KNOWING that we had just created life; true story); so much more than I could have possibly imagined.

Every day, my single best joy is feeling the absolute love emanating from within our little angel. Watching her grow, helping her along the way, and just being there with her - we laugh a LOT. Nothing else comes close to beating the absolute joy and love I feel when both my wife and daughter are sleeping with their heads on my shoulders; It's an amazing feeling that I wish the entire world could feel somehow - I think we'd all be much better off for it.

• Like 5

It was kind of a thing in that i always knew it was going to happen in my world.

It really wasn't a conscious decision that one day i would or wouldn't have kids - i just... did.

It has been an interesting ride. I guess it was written somewhere that i'd give birth to 3 females, and raise them to be the wonderful beautiful adults they are today.

I didn't have them for me, i had them for them.

Now, of those three - the oldest one who is 27, does want kids. the 23 yr old, does not want kids, and the 21 yr old is hasn't made a concrete decision either way.

• Like 2