Robin Williams has died of apparent suicide.

ReRushed

I still can't believe it. "Dead Poets Society" and "Good Will Hunting" are two of my favorite movies of all time.

This is one of those weird times when I feel like someone I literally know has died.

• Like 2

RIP, can't believe he's gone.

A favorite quote of his from my childhood

"Rule Number Three: I can't bring people back from the dead, it's not a pretty sight, I DON'T LIKE DOING IT"

it's dark in this context, but always made me laugh none the less.

F@@k!!! That is just awful. He was just so absolutely brilliant. There will be a huge void in the world without him.

:rose: Rest In Peace, Robin Williams :rose:

It's shocking news. Depression does not discriminate.

Exactly. R.I.P. :rose:

My thoughts as well. This is so terribly sad, such a loss. I hope he has found peace from his torment.

Edited by Mara

God f***ing damnit. First PS Hoffman and now this. Apparently he announced he was going to rehab recently. I'm in a crowd of people trying not to cry. Only PS Hoffman's and John Hughes' deaths have had that affect on me. Hell, my avatar apparently killed himself. You wouldn't know it from what an energetic performer Hurchence was.

I tell you, The Pass by :rush: is coming to mind right now.

RIP

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

One of his quotes.......

"I used to think the worse thing in life

was to end up alone, it's not.

The worse thing in life is to end up with people

that make you feel alone."

True words have never been spoken. It's quite upsetting for me to read that quote now knowing that he's gone and especially after knowing the way that it happened.

• Like 1

I read about this last night right before I went to bed...so terribly sad. He was truly a genius, a comedic talent in the same ranks with Charlie Chaplin.

I didn't know he had entered rehab again just last month, but from what I read, it wasn't because he had started drinking or using again. Just exhausted, and in a weakened state of mind as far as sobriety goes. That's what was published, anyway. Obviously, the severe depression makes it something far worse than just exhaustion. It's heartbreaking that he didn't find his way out without dying from it. This is a terrible loss.

RIP :rose:

• Like 1

This really makes me sad. I like some of his movies, especially those where he played dramatic roles. I've always seen such a vulnerability in his eyes no matter what he was saying or doing, so I always thought that he would make such a great dramatic actor. Turned out he was.

But he also had a lot of demons, and in many interviews you can almost feel him compensate for them. Beneath all that you'd still sense so many emotions brewing and a wit few can touch.

So sad.

If you can find it on Youtube go watch the Inside The Actors Studio with Robin Williams.

• Like 1

I know this sounds silly, but Robin Williams best cure could have been to watch a classic Robin Williams comedy.

Aladdin

Mrs. Doubtfire

Jumanji

The list goes on...depression is a painful thing.

My thoughts go out to his family.

• Like 1

My wife is officially on her dead celebrity, non-stop news about dead celebrity, what is every other celebrity tweeting, kick, and I'm already sick of it.

He wasn't even close to be funny. Like so many others, he was lucky to have made a living off of what the Hollywood pioneers has built. Hollywood makes these stupid movies and calls them "comedies" and builds up these so-called "comedians," so people figure they have to laugh because Hollywood told them to.

Well he wasn't funny and I didn't laugh.

AND how in the hell can you have all the riches and glory and live in Marin County, CA and be depressed? I don't get it. Somebody PM me and explain how he could possibly be depressed.

I don't want to rain on anyone's mourning, but I never understood how upset the population can get about the routine death of a celebrity. If I'm moved by a stranger's death, it's usually a tragic circumstance, or something where a family is destroyed, or something with children.

Anyway, I thought we was both a hilarious comedian and an excellent actor, and I will miss his contributions in this way.

And he named his daughter Zelda....that's awesome. I couldn't get my wife onboard with that one.

AND how in the hell can you have all the riches and glory and live in Marin County, CA and be depressed? I don't get it. Somebody PM me and explain how he could possibly be depressed.

Depression doesn't work that way.

• Like 2