New book on Rush

rugen

There's a new book on Rush "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Excellence" (see Rush is a band)

I have the book "Rush, Rock Music and the Middle Class", and for me this was a disappointment. I am not sure you can make a philosophical book on Rush starting by interpretations of the lyrics on albums. Maybe i am wrong with this new book, but i am not tempted to buy it.

• Like 1

There's a new book on Rush "Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Excellence" (see Rush is a band)

I have the book "Rush, Rock Music and the Middle Class", and for me this was a disappointment. I am not sure you can make a philosophical book on Rush starting by interpretations of the lyrics on albums. Maybe i am wrong with this new book, but i am not tempted to buy it.

You should buy it. The Yukon Blade Grinder has a chapter

You should buy it. The Yukon Blade Grinder has a chapter

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

• Like 1

i have just learned that it's the same author who have write the book rush rock music and middle class...

:no: (chris mcdonald)

Edited by RUDT

Whats wrong with Chris McDonald?

It's a professor in Cape Breton who writes on popular music, and did the first book mentioned that i didn't like at all, he's looking at the role of social class in pop culture and to resume simply try to analyze how Rush fans like the band because they want to escape their life to retrieve their freedom