Brian Setzer Is Back To Straight Up Classic Rockabilly Again!

The Cat 3

Troutman, you know how much I love Reverend Horton Heat!

The Rev. kicks some serious a**!!! :haz:

A younger fishing buddy turned me on to him years ago. My friend found out that he played some type of private party up here a few weeks back. Up in the Denali park area.

What's he been doing if he wasn't doing a rockabilly?

I don't think the Brian Setzer Orchestra stuff is considered rockabilly. But he has been doing some great things with his Rockabilly Riot. They have a live album which is phenomenal, and they have a Tribute to Sun Records Vol.1 album that is really great, too.

I downloaded this new one last week, but really haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Hopefully on this next set of days off, I will get it loaded onto my iPod and blaring in my car on a long enough road trip.

Like this guy,

But he has nothing on the Rev. :cool:

I need to check out The Rev more. He's still pretty much a mystery to me.

But if you like Brian Setzer and rockabilly in general, you should really check out a guy name Paul Pigat and his group Cousin Harley. I have their first two albums, Hillbilly Madness and It's a Sin, and they are fantastic rockabilly rekkids!

• Like 1

I got the album on my iPod now, and listened to the first 5 songs on the drive to work. While I don't know the songs as of yet, the playing Brian does has begun to capture my ear. Good, strong rockabilly riffs and licks throughout. I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with it.

Like this guy,

But he has nothing on the Rev. :cool:

I need to check out The Rev more. He's still pretty much a mystery to me.

But if you like Brian Setzer and rockabilly in general, you should really check out a guy name Paul Pigat and his group Cousin Harley. I have their first two albums, Hillbilly Madness and It's a Sin, and they are fantastic rockabilly rekkids!

The Rev is kick a**!

Thanks for the heads up about the other musicians, :cheers: