Which Caress of Steel songs do you like?

savagegrace26

Which Caress of Steel songs do you like?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which Caress of Steel songs do you like?

• Bastille Day
    • I Think I'm Going Bald
    • Lakeside Park
    • I. Into the Darkness
    • II. Under the Shadow
    • III. Return of the Prince
    • I. In the Valley
    • II. Didacts and Narpets
    • III. No One at the Bridge
    • IV. Panacea
    • V. Bacchus Plateau
    • VI. The Fountain

"Caress of Steel" is one of the BEST albums of ALL time by ANY band. THIS Is how you record a band...NO excessive reverb, drums that sound like they are in the room with you, perfect separation between the instruments, incredible dynamics, every tiny nuance and sound can be clearly heard on ANY system, and the intensity is just sheer ecstacy. THIS is how a record should sound. TAPE compression. NO digital reverb. NO drums that sound like snappy trebly non-distinct walls of mush. Bass that sounds as if the bass amp was built into your speakers. Guitar that rips your face off yet every note rings true. Just GREAT.

"No One at the Bridge" is one of Rush's BEST, and has Geddy EVER belted better than this album? He started losing his range and power during the 2112 tour, but here he was just balls-out nuts; every single lyric fits the music to a "T," and it is a progressive album in the TRUE sense of the word meaning VARIETY...that's why "I Think I'm Going Bald" fits so well; it actually reminds me of the Beatles' "White Album" in that regard; it's just all over the place which is GREAT!!! Progressive rock should NOT just mean long songs that ALWAYS go into some fast instrumental section (ala the sameness of Dream Theater); REAL progressive rock is about variety and throwing everything together with the amazing gift of making it WORK. This album gels together so well it could be used as Michael Jackson's afro-sheen when his hair caught fire for Pepsi. It doesn't smell as bad, but damn if this album doesn't b-u-r-n!!!

But again...the production!!! It's just pure sonic bliss. I would KILL to have bands record like this again...when the band sounded like it was in a ROOM with you, NOT in the back of a STADIUM drenched in a reverb-y wall of of mud!!!

Highlight: Geddy's voice on "Scream out desperation!!!" with that PERFECT fast wide vibrato that he abandoned later...

DEFINITELY a perfect album. It's unfathomable that this was the same band that recorded "Heresy" and "Bravado" years later...not to mention "Available Light" and "Half the World." Talk about sharting on your legacy with such crap!!!

But I digress..."Caress of Steel" is an exemplary example of the eternal REAL Rush; for without it, we would have NEVER gotten to hear "Face Up" or "High Water"...which is perhaps the ONLY bad thing about it. They did end up giving us "Neurotica" and "You Bet Your Life" afterall; hmmm...perhaps I'm on to something here. Could you imagine all the sh*tty songs Rush would have never been able to record had "Caress of Steel" made them lose their record deal??? Things that make you go hmmm...

BTW, Arsenio's cancelled again.

Yay!!!

• Like 4

"Caress of Steel" is one of the BEST albums of ALL time by ANY band. THIS Is how you record a band...NO excessive reverb, drums that sound like they are in the room with you, perfect separation between the instruments, incredible dynamics, every tiny nuance and sound can be clearly heard on ANY system, and the intensity is just sheer ecstacy. THIS is how a record should sound. TAPE compression. NO digital reverb. NO drums that sound like snappy trebly non-distinct walls of mush. Bass that sounds as if the bass amp was built into your speakers. Guitar that rips your face off yet every note rings true. Just GREAT.

"No One at the Bridge" is one of Rush's BEST, and has Geddy EVER belted better than this album? He started losing his range and power during the 2112 tour, but here he was just balls-out nuts; every single lyric fits the music to a "T," and it is a progressive album in the TRUE sense of the word meaning VARIETY...that's why "I Think I'm Going Bald" fits so well; it actually reminds me of the Beatles' "White Album" in that regard; it's just all over the place which is GREAT!!! Progressive rock should NOT just mean long songs that ALWAYS go into some fast instrumental section (ala the sameness of Dream Theater); REAL progressive rock is about variety and throwing everything together with the amazing gift of making it WORK. This album gels together so well it could be used as Michael Jackson's afro-sheen when his hair caught fire for Pepsi. It doesn't smell as bad, but damn if this album doesn't b-u-r-n!!!

But again...the production!!! It's just pure sonic bliss. I would KILL to have bands record like this again...when the band sounded like it was in a ROOM with you, NOT in the back of a STADIUM drenched in a reverb-y wall of of mud!!!

Highlight: Geddy's voice on "Scream out desperation!!!" with that PERFECT fast wide vibrato that he abandoned later...

DEFINITELY a perfect album. It's unfathomable that this was the same band that recorded "Heresy" and "Bravado" years later...not to mention "Available Light" and "Half the World." Talk about sharting on your legacy with such crap!!!

But I digress..."Caress of Steel" is an exemplary example of the eternal REAL Rush; for without it, we would have NEVER gotten to hear "Face Up" or "High Water"...which is perhaps the ONLY bad thing about it. They did end up giving us "Neurotica" and "You Bet Your Life" afterall; hmmm...perhaps I'm on to something here. Could you imagine all the sh*tty songs Rush would have never been able to record had "Caress of Steel" made them lose their record deal??? Things that make you go hmmm...

BTW, Arsenio's cancelled again.

Yay!!!

Stop copying and pasting, I've seen this before.

• Like 1

Bastille Day kicks ass, ITIGB is fun with good riffage (and does have a little bit to say), and Lakeside Park is nostalgia in a tight, hard rock package. But the epics really stand out for me. The Necromancer is the first time I listened to a song and felt that I was engrossed in a story where the soundtrack was completely integrated...even setting the scenes. The aggressive guitars and approach of part II contrast the distant and moody guitars in the first part perfectly, but both set great atmosphere and supplement the story perfect. Fountain of Lamneth is a great story, with wonderfully composed parts. People are right that the music doesn't "flow" in a traditional sense, but when you think about it as chapters in a book, I think it works perhaps better than any other epic. It definitely isn't as obvious, and requires more thought than anything else.
  • Like 4

all of them

Everything.

Mick

Every second

All of it.

What they said ^

I want to see it naked

Heh...
  • Like 2

I don't like any of the songs.

I LOVE ALL OF THEM!

• Like 1

what kind of polls are these, asking to choose one song from plenty of good songs. Better go the other way around, what songs you don't like, so now you can have some controversy :poke:
  • Like 1

what kind of polls are these, asking to choose one song from plenty of good songs. Better go the other way around, what songs you don't like, so now you can have some controversy :poke:

You can choose multiple songs... :poke:

Bastille Day. Nothing else. In my opinion, this album is garbage. :(

Well your opinion sucks. :P

• Like 1

Well your opinion sucks. :P

Fair enough. :D

These polls suck anyway. Should've done like your three favorite from each or something.

I can understand separating FOL as each "part" is really a separate unique song, but I really don't think there was any need to list The Necromancer as three separate parts.