Bitdefender virus?

savagegrace26

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago and I used system restore. I do not have Bitfender installed on my windows 7 computer but some warning popped up related to it and ceased all internet activity. It popped up again today and I tried system restore again and it came back right away. Now I'm in safe mode running a bunch of scans. Anyone know how to get rid of this? Edited by savagegrace26

Could you be more specific? Is it a pop up on your desktop asking you to install it? Are there any new or unrecognized programs that are in your Add or Remove Programs list?

Slightly related, do you find there are advertisements in places that shouldn't have when you browse the internet?

Is it a pop up on your desktop asking you to install it?

pop up on my desktop. no didnt aske me to install it. i dont remember what it said now.

Are there any new or unrecognized programs that are in your Add or Remove Programs list?

no

Slightly related, do you find there are advertisements in places that shouldn't have when you browse the internet?

no

I did a system restore and took care of this the day i posted this. hasn't returned since.