Feedback vs Vapor Trails

Cygnus 2112

Feedback Vs Vapor Trails  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which album is better?

• Feedback
    • Vapor Trails

"Vapor Trails" totally redeemed the band...not because it was GREAT, but because it was simply LISTENABLE with some GREAT actual SONGS on it that don't bore you to death!!! And Geddy's actually singing MELODIES again! Gone are the staccato talking-style and mid-range out-of-place vocals that have no hum-able melodies whatsoever (although that would return horribly with the shoe-horned "Poopchutes and Bladders").

It's hard to say much bad about "Vapor Trails" besides the beat-to-death production problems (and the remaster which took away ALL the balls), somewhat lack of variety, and stunning lack of guitar solos and virtuosity. But, alarmingly, what makes it all the MORE incredible is that "Ceiling Unlimited," "Ghost Rider," "Peaceable Kingdom," "Earthshine," "Secret Touch," "Nocturne," and "Freeze" are ALL absolutely GREAT songs!!!

"One Little Victory" is pretty good as is "The Stars Look Down." "Out of the Cradle" is OK too.

"How It Is" and "Vapor Trail" are pretty bad. Only "Sweet Miracle" sucks moose scrote, however.

With the 4 pretty much suckfests that preceded it, "Vapor Trails" was an AMAZING return to form, even with ALL its faults.

"Vapor Trails" totally redeemed the band...not because it was GREAT, but because it was simply LISTENABLE with some GREAT actual SONGS on it that don't bore you to death!!! And Geddy's actually singing MELODIES again! Gone are the staccato talking-style and mid-range out-of-place vocals that have no hum-able melodies whatsoever (although that would return horribly with the shoe-horned "Poopchutes and Bladders").

It's hard to say much bad about "Vapor Trails" besides the beat-to-death production problems (and the remaster which took away ALL the balls), somewhat lack of variety, and stunning lack of guitar solos and virtuosity. But, alarmingly, what makes it all the MORE incredible is that "Ceiling Unlimited," "Ghost Rider," "Peaceable Kingdom," "Earthshine," "Secret Touch," "Nocturne," and "Freeze" are ALL absolutely GREAT songs!!!

"One Little Victory" is pretty good as is "The Stars Look Down." "Out of the Cradle" is OK too.

"How It Is" and "Vapor Trail" are pretty bad. Only "Sweet Miracle" sucks moose scrote, however.

With the 4 pretty much suckfests that preceded it, "Vapor Trails" was an AMAZING return to form, even with ALL its faults.

http://blog.business-model-innovation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/copy-and-paste.jpeg

• Like 1

Feedback has waaaay too many votes here...
  • Like 1

I'll take the backstreet boy's millennium.......Don't look at me that way. I would rather hear goofy teen pop over these 2 records.

Mick

New Kids On The Block?.... :huh:
  • Like 1

I'll take the backstreet boy's millennium.......Don't look at me that way. I would rather hear goofy teen pop over these 2 records.

Mick

I still have some New Kids.........that stuff was the shit when i was 9. I'm not above admitting i still bust out Hangin' Tough.

Lol.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I still have some New Kids.........that stuff was the shit when i was 9. I'm not above admitting i still bust out Hangin' Tough.

Lol.

Mick

When my niece was young they were hitting it big and I had to take her to their show. I just had to drop her off and pick her up so nobody out there go reach'in for my :rush: card..... :D
  • Like 1

Mick

Lol.

Mick

When my niece was young they were hitting it big and I had to take her to their show. I just had to drop her off and pick her up so nobody out there go reach'in for my :rush: card..... :D

I bet you stayed for the whole show. I bet you made her go with you so you could use her as your excuse for being there.

"Why do I have to sit through this crap, Unca Narp?"

• Like 3

Mick

Lol.

Mick

I bet you stayed for the whole show. I bet you made her go with you so you could use her as your excuse for being there.

"Why do I have to sit through this crap, Unca Narp?"

Busted... :blush:
  • Like 2

Mick

Lol.

Mick

The loving thing to do would have been to say "Hell no". She'd have thanked you for it later.

• Like 2