Do you like these songs? Part 4

savagegrace26

Do you like these songs?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Color of Right?

2. 2. Do you like Bravest Face?

3. 3. Do you like Superconductor?

These are some bottom-of-the-barrel boring-ass threads on here today...

We have enough threads covering the well loved stuff

Yes, no, not anymore. The background vocals in the chorus pushed it over the edge, but I think it's one of the more listenable tracks on Presto, which isn't saying much.

Presto is better than Counterparts.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Yes, no, not anymore. The background vocals in the chorus pushed it over the edge, but I think it's one of the more listenable tracks on Presto, which isn't saying much.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. I'm glad that we can be civil and friendly towards each other.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8cc2fa80cb0035dcffc6001604639427/tumblr_meok5gkrNf1rxmai6o1_500.gif

At least we agree that RTB is dreck.

Wait. Spaghetti "likes" Superconductor? WTF?

Yep, but it's a qualified "yep." In comparison to some of the bottom-of-the-septic-tank songs that close-out Pissto, Superconductor is not that bad at all for at least it's memorable (whether for good or bad reasons); something that can NOT be said about the latter purulent songs on the album. in my review of Pissto published here on the forum as well as online where I did a brief song-by-song synopsis, I eloquently had this to say:

"Poopy-cum-dick'd-'er" Ah, the hate for this song is legendary; truth is, it's cheezy, but kinda GOOD cheezy. Not that the song IS good, but at least it's catchy and hooky. The last gleam of hope from the album. It's a quick poop-chute splash from here on out."

No no no. You know that your batch of songs is... bad if Superconductor is the best one in there...

In all seriousness, Superconductor is the closest to "yes", but the backing vocals in the chorus are pure cringe...

You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. I'm glad that we can be civil and friendly towards each other.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/8cc2fa80cb0035dcffc6001604639427/tumblr_meok5gkrNf1rxmai6o1_500.gif

I love CP btw...

But I am in a romanticle relationship with the bunny record.

• Like 1

I love CP btw...

But I am in a romanticle relationship with the bunny record.

Not only do I hate Presto, what Roll The Bones has over that record is its album-related merch. Cool shirts and such. A Presto t-shirt is just a shirt with rabbits on it...

http://www.writeups.org/img/fiche/4576.jpg

When I saw Rush in New Orleans on the Presto tour, my friends and I were off to the side of the stage. When they played Stupidconductor, the sampled back-up vocals were SUPER loud where we were, easily drowning out the entire band; they must have been going for somewhat of a surround-effect. A surround effect of suck. We still laugh at that to this day; after the first "super" when it laps over itself that second "superconductor" was devastating to the ear drums...but not in a good way!

Also noteworthy on that show was Geddy getting pelted in the face with Mardi Gras beads over and over and over again. Good times...my first Rush show. Too bad it was the beginning of their legendary "shit" period.

I agree the artwork sucks. But a blind person wouldn't care, as only the music counts.

Presto is an album I could marry and make sweet rutting noises with all day and night in a bath tub full of cake mix.

Roll The Bones is only good for synchronising farts to the music.

(Ok I like half the damn album).

Presto is an album I could marry and make sweet rutting noises with all day and night in a bath tub full of cake mix.

At least you're realistic about your marriage prospects...but I think even Presto would say no.

Lol you don't know me.. hahaha...

When I saw Rush in New Orleans on the Presto tour, my friends and I were off to the side of the stage. When they played Stupidconductor, the sampled back-up vocals were SUPER loud where we were, easily drowning out the entire band; they must have been going for somewhat of a surround-effect. A surround effect of suck. We still laugh at that to this day; after the first "super" when it laps over itself that second "superconductor" was devastating to the ear drums...but not in a good way!

Also noteworthy on that show was Geddy getting pelted in the face with Mardi Gras beads over and over and over again. Good times...my first Rush show. Too bad it was the beginning of their legendary "shit" period.

You saw them on the Presto tour? That implies that you are over 14 years old...

At least you're realistic about your marriage prospects...but I think even Presto would say no.

Lol you don't know me.. hahaha...

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/i-shall-fight-off-all-of-these-rush-chicks-with-my-mighty-bat-of-pain-if-they-dont-love-scars-dem-bitches-will-get-scars-presto4life-98db9.png

I'm a big fan of Color of Right, but it's not an incredible song by any means. Bravest Face isn't very good. Superconductor is the best of the three, really cool song