Fountain of Lamneth vs 2112 vs Hemisphere's

Bigbobby10

Fountain of Lamneth vs 2112 vs Hemisphere's  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Fountain of Lamneth vs 2112 vs Hemisphere's

• Fountain of Lamneth
    • Hemisphere's

Fountain Of Lamneth has oodles of charm.

I like Hemispheres, I am not mad on it, but it is growing on me. In fact, the entire album is.

2112 is one of the best songs AND musical experiences I have ever had, I adore it both because I am quite sentimental towards it, and because I think it is one of the greatest songs of all time.

So...2112 it is!

• Like 1

I love all three...but Hemispheres sounds like one whole song, while the other two sound like a bunch of little songs tied together.
  • Like 3

All three are some of the greatest musical achievements ever, but I've gotta go with Hemispheres. It just barely edges out 2112, and 2112 just barely edges out Fountain

What's your favorite out of Rush's 3 longest songs.

Mine is definitely Hemisphere's.

Reason is because of how brilliant the lyrics are, and how good Geddy's voice is at this time.

Interesting. I love the song, but I find FoL to be a much more powerful and interesting and intelligently told story...the lyrics are just great. 2112 is almost as good in that regard. Hemispheres is a bit too simple and hitting you over the head with everything for more liking (not that 2112 is subtle) and the story is just pure silliness.

To me this is a very close competition between 2112 and FoL. FoL is the best story the band has told in terms of how interesting it is to unpack the meaning and follow along. I find it does a better job of transporting me into the world of the song than 2112 does, so it wins for that reason. But I could see myself choosing 2112 tomorrow.

Hemispheres is an excellent song, but it lacks the variety, depth, and interesting story of the others.

I love all three...but Hemispheres sounds like one whole song, while the other two sound like a bunch of little songs tied together.

This is how I feel about FoL. Great song, but it's really a collection of smaller songs with a sort of bookends feel with similar parts at the beginning and end.

2112 doesn't to me mostly because of the Overture. It's a collection of all the musical themes throughout the rest of the song. Who can deny the awesomeness of the guitar solo in Overture with the Soliloquy theme? :haz:

• Like 1

So I assume Hemispheres includes Cygnus and the whole story? Even if not still my fav. 2112 is a close second though.
  • Like 2

Well, let's see.

Hemispheres might be the worst song they ever did…

…Then again, The Fountain of Lamneth sucks just as much. That said, I'd pick just about ANYTHING over these two songs.

2112, on the other hand, is a masterpiece. Perhaps the greatest song ever written by anyone. Why I love it so much is beyond me…I should hate every second of it. Maybe that's why I love it so much.

2112 it is!

I picked Hemispheres, by a slim margin over 2112. It was so close, but if we're specifically looking at the studio versions, I'm not all that into the album version of 2112 (whereas the Different Stages version blows me away). While I love the 2112 story, the lyrics of Hemispheres really resonate with me because in my own life, I often struggle finding a balance between what my mind and heart are each telling me.

I've never been a Caress of Steel guy, so for right now, Lamneth is a distant third.

2112 is my choice. I prefer the style of different songs making up a concept versus one long 20 minute song like Hemispheres.