Jump to content


Signals vs. Feedback

segue myles

  • Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

Poll: So...Which One? (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Is Better?

  1. Signals (pick this) (60 votes [93.75%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 93.75%

  2. Feedback (or...pick this) (4 votes [6.25%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 AnEggplant

AnEggplant

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1634 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth
  • Interests:Coming up with things to put in my "interests" box.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

View Postgraxxus, on 08 October 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostAnEggplant, on 08 October 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

At least Feedback doesn't have that one song...

Were you bitten by a "The Weapon" as a child?

why...WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THAT UP!!!???

The memories...the traumatic memories of that terrible day as a child... WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME!?

:P

Sponsored Post

#42 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 40836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Favourite bands:
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    The Killers
    Fleet Foxes
    Rush
    Biffy Clyro
    Nightwish
    After Forever
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Toto
    Dream Theater
    Trivium

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:57 PM

Erm...open minded question:

How is it possible that The Weapon is in the running for worst Rush song to some people?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is a major Meh moment.

#43 graxxus

graxxus

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 145 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denver
  • Interests:Shirling

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 08 October 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Erm...open minded question:

How is it possible that The Weapon is in the running for worst Rush song to some people?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is a major Meh moment.

I can only imagine it's just to get a rise, or possibly for religious reasons... I can understand not liking it, but the worst?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is one of their finest moments.

#44 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 53208 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

Sometimes I think Eggplant is another incarnation of a former TRF member who is no longer with us.  :eh:

#45 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 53208 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

View Postgraxxus, on 08 October 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 08 October 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Erm...open minded question:

How is it possible that The Weapon is in the running for worst Rush song to some people?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is a major Meh moment.

I can only imagine it's just to get a rise, or possibly for religious reasons... I can understand not liking it, but the worst?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is one of their finest moments.

It is.

#46 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6994 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

I think Lee's vocal melodies in the Weapon are fantastic - verse, pre-chorus and chorus.  It's just a very cool song with a distinctive sound and a relentless beat ( that in no way reminds me of disco, but that's just me I guess). :)

Edited by toymaker, 08 October 2015 - 03:55 PM.


#47 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 53208 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

View Postgraxxus, on 03 October 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 03 October 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

Graxxus, I see your favorite Rush song is Jacob's Ladder.  You must have been ecstatic when you saw them do it.


Sublime, they played that song so delicately and with so much care. It was one of the highlights for sure! You must have loved Xanadu, I know I did. Wait, number of concerts zero? My apologies, I just assumed you were there too.

It doesn't matter that I wasn't there.  I was here with the periscope threads as much as I was able.  Even if I couldn't watch the show, it was a lot of fun.  But the best was the Tulsa show when no one knew what song would be next.  And I have some quality bootlegs of a few shows.  

I agree that Jacob's Ladder was done to perfection.  You would never have known so many decades had passed since they last did it.  Xanadu was a killer too.   To have been in that audience at Tulsa ... it must have been an experience never to be forgotten.

#48 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 53208 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 08 October 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

I think Lee's vocal melodies in the Weapon are fantastic - verse, pre-chorus and chorus.  It's just a very cool song with a distinctive sound and a relentless beat ( that in no way reminds me of disco, but that's just me I guess).

One more time i will repeat this.  :sigh:

If you recall, there was one member here who accused the song of being disco.  He is no longer with us, and he is the member that Eggplant reminds me of very much.

When Narps and I bring out the disco ball, it's a joke.  

I repeat.

It's only a joke.

That means, we are kidding.  :)

Edited by Lorraine, 08 October 2015 - 02:22 PM.


#49 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 28048 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 October 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

Sometimes I think Eggplant is another incarnation of a former TRF member who is no longer with us.  :eh:
I catch your drift I am pretty sure...

#50 toymaker

toymaker

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6994 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ontario
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 October 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 08 October 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

I think Lee's vocal melodies in the Weapon are fantastic - verse, pre-chorus and chorus.  It's just a very cool song with a distinctive sound and a relentless beat ( that in no way reminds me of disco, but that's just me I guess).

One more time i will repeat this.  :sigh:

If you recall, there was one member here who accused the song of being disco.  He is no longer with us, and he is the member that Eggplant reminds me of very much.

When Narps and I bring out the disco ball, it's a joke.  

I repeat.

It's only a joke.

That means, we are kidding.  :)

Yes, I was joking too . . . but I forgot the :).

#51 AnEggplant

AnEggplant

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1634 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth
  • Interests:Coming up with things to put in my "interests" box.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:31 PM

View Postgraxxus, on 08 October 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 08 October 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Erm...open minded question:

How is it possible that The Weapon is in the running for worst Rush song to some people?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is a major Meh moment.

I can only imagine it's just to get a rise, or possibly for religious reasons... I can understand not liking it, but the worst?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is one of their finest moments.

I exaggerate my dislike of it significantly on here. In reality I don't like it, I find it very boring and weird, but I don't hate it as much as I may seem to.

#52 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21983 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostAnEggplant, on 08 October 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

View Postgraxxus, on 08 October 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 08 October 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Erm...open minded question:

How is it possible that The Weapon is in the running for worst Rush song to some people?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is a major Meh moment.

I can only imagine it's just to get a rise, or possibly for religious reasons... I can understand not liking it, but the worst?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is one of their finest moments.

I exaggerate my dislike of it significantly on here. In reality I don't like it, I find it very boring and weird, but I don't hate it as much as I may seem to.

Weird?

#53 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 40836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Favourite bands:
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    The Killers
    Fleet Foxes
    Rush
    Biffy Clyro
    Nightwish
    After Forever
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Toto
    Dream Theater
    Trivium

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

Weird:

Posted Image

#54 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 53208 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

Cute.  It looks like its dancing to The Weapon.

Edited by Lorraine, 08 October 2015 - 04:54 PM.


#55 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 53208 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

Or maybe Digital Man.

Hard to tell.

#56 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 40836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Favourite bands:
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    The Killers
    Fleet Foxes
    Rush
    Biffy Clyro
    Nightwish
    After Forever
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Toto
    Dream Theater
    Trivium

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 October 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

Cute.  It looks like its dancing to The Weapon.

Posted Image

#57 AnEggplant

AnEggplant

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1634 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth
  • Interests:Coming up with things to put in my "interests" box.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 08 October 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostAnEggplant, on 08 October 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

View Postgraxxus, on 08 October 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 08 October 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Erm...open minded question:

How is it possible that The Weapon is in the running for worst Rush song to some people?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is a major Meh moment.

I can only imagine it's just to get a rise, or possibly for religious reasons... I can understand not liking it, but the worst?

This is coming from a guy who thinks Subdivisions is one of their finest moments.

I exaggerate my dislike of it significantly on here. In reality I don't like it, I find it very boring and weird, but I don't hate it as much as I may seem to.

Weird?

Weird.

#58 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 53208 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 08 October 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 08 October 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

Cute.  It looks like its dancing to The Weapon.

Posted Image

:madra:

#59 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 53208 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostSegue Myles, on 08 October 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Weird:

Posted Image

This one reminds me of myself when I dance these days.

#60 Segue Myles

Segue Myles

    Cupcake Warrior

  • Members
  • 40836 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • Interests:Favourite bands:
    Judas Priest
    Iron Maiden
    The Killers
    Fleet Foxes
    Rush
    Biffy Clyro
    Nightwish
    After Forever
    Epica
    Lacuna Coil
    Toto
    Dream Theater
    Trivium

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostLorraine, on 08 October 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

View PostSegue Myles, on 08 October 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Weird:

Posted Image

This one reminds me of myself when I dance these days.

I dance like that now haha!





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: segue myles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users