RUSH V Clockwork Angels

Brucey

Another album battle  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Pick

I love Rush, but CA has stronger songs, better playing, better lyrics and far more interesting themes. Even on production, which is a weakness of CA, Rush doesn't do much better than CA. It allows for space, but at that time Rush didn't even have the abilities needed to fill in that space, whether or not you think they needed to.
  • Like 4

They're both great, but they're both so different to each other that it's hard to compare.

But I probably listen to Rush more. I just love the youthful energy on it.

• Like 1

Both are fantastic, (even if it is true CA is not the top favourite of mine), but being a bigger Rush fan than I am a Led Zeppelin, I have to vote Clockwork Angels.

Rush is a great start, but its a fairly generic one as well. And even on the worst Rush albums, they still always sound like Rush.

• Like 3

If Neil's not playing, it's not Rush.

I never play this album.

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard....

I guess you haven't spent much time in SOCN...
  • Like 1

I never play this album.

Why?

I never play this album.

:laughing yellow guy:

:rush: . I prefer steamy teenage horniness to steampunk in my rock n roll, and less preachiness. And, while they both are big on power chords, the Rush songs are more distinctive, IMO. :rush:

Clockwork Angels..... I enjoy some of the first album, but it literally was not the same band.

That said, if the guys decided to throw "In the Mood" in to the set list for the next tour.... I will admit it... I would probably pee my pants in delight.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

Clockwork Angels is a much more sophisticated, if you will, album. The lyrics, while maybe a tad preachy, are very deep and insightful on the latest album. The musical arrangements are more complex and complete-sounding. I enjoy the debut, but it's really just raw rocking. Don't get me wrong—I love Working Man, but the arrangements in the debut sound a bit overused and stale by the middle of the album. Headlong Flight is a headbanger, too, but like the rest of Clockwork Angels, it's more sophisticated and complete-sounding. Clockwork Angels is the winner here.
  • Like 2