Presto vs. Roll The Bones aka the classic "Would You Rather"

The Analog Cub

Presto vs. Roll The Bones  

78 members have voted

1. 1. YOU MUST CHOOSE

Definitely Presto. In the past this may have been a tougher decision, and I might have even said RTB. Lately though, I've realized that there aren't really any songs that blow me away on RTB, but Presto has a few really fantastic songs: Show Don't Tell, The Pass, Presto, War Paint, Available Light

Chain Lightning, Scars, Hand Over Fist, Scars...

Are you making the argument for or against Presto? Having Scars on the album twice would make that album much worse :D

• Like 1

Definitely Presto. In the past this may have been a tougher decision, and I might have even said RTB. Lately though, I've realized that there aren't really any songs that blow me away on RTB, but Presto has a few really fantastic songs: Show Don't Tell, The Pass, Presto, War Paint, Available Light

Are you making the argument for or against Presto? Having Scars on the album twice would make that album much worse :D

See this?

\_/

It is my Cup Of Care.

O my...you notice something?

It is empty.

• Like 1

Really every song on Presto is fantastic except for Scars, Anagram, and Red Tide. But I still really like all of them

:laughing guy:

I think Narp would disagree with you *insert discoGlobe.jpg*

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

See this?

\_/

It is my Cup Of Care.

It is empty.

It could be because the sides of the cup don't touch the base.

• Like 5

See this?

\_/

It is my Cup Of Care.

It is empty.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

See this?

\_/

It is my Cup Of Care.

It is empty.

You are looking delightfully attractive.

Step into my basement...

*crash*

Oops...no stairs, only my wrath!

Presto. It's full of wonderful ideas, but Rupert Hine made the band paper thin. Those wonderful ideas have absolutely no strength at all.
  • Like 2

Actually, somewhat curiously I have found Presto to be the least "defined" Rush album, in that I don't really associate it with a particular "sound". You have slower, more ballad-y tracks like The Pass, funkier, more upbeat tracks like Show Don't Tell, a quasi-disco track in Scars, a few sort of pop-rock-ish tracks (Presto, Hand Over Fist)... The list goes on. Permanent Waves may be more "schizophrenic", but Presto really doesn't have much of an "album identity" at all... Edited by len(songs)

I'm a bit surprised by the results. I knew that RTB doesn't get much love from the hardcore fans, but I am surprised that the equally thin sounding Presto, which has far fewer brilliant moments than RTB, is more liked.

If Rush is the mainstream's "cult band", the Presto seems to be the Rush fan's "cult album".

I think I've seen that cult at Neverland Ranch

I'm a bit surprised by the results. I knew that RTB doesn't get much love from the hardcore fans, but I am surprised that the equally thin sounding Presto, which has far fewer brilliant moments than RTB, is more liked.

If Rush is the mainstream's "cult band", the Presto seems to be the Rush fan's "cult album".

You'd probably be more likely to find it at Gallaudet University.

• Like 1

You'd probably be more likely to find it at Gallaudet University.

It was rushgoober's cult. It was wack. He was feeding people Michael Jackson's nose. Weird. It was in the news I think. I remember reading it somewhere.

• Like 1

Roll the Bones from infinity and beyond!

Me tool! After a couple of Presto tunes, the sound gets old fast.

Pick your poison. I'll go with the he rapping skeleton, on overall sound alone.

It's like Rush was trying to fulfill the lyric from The Enemy Within on Presto

"Every song a crashing bore that sounds like tin"

• Like 1

WTF were they thinking? Or smoking? Probably crack

• Like 1

WTF were they thinking? Or smoking? Probably crack

Oil can!!!

• Like 1