Presto vs. Roll The Bones aka the classic "Would You Rather"

The Analog Cub

Presto vs. Roll The Bones  

78 members have voted

1. 1. YOU MUST CHOOSE

Time for a classic game of Would You Rather? Here's a tough one: Would you rather be forced to listen to Presto, or Roll The Bones?

My vote goes to Roll The Bones, since it has Dreamline and WMT?. Ghost of a Chance is okay, if anything the guitar solo is great. If I could go off of live representations I'd be in favor of the title track, but I won't, see below. Presto loses out because apart from Red Tide and parts of Chain Lightning I find nothing enjoyable about this record. The Pass and title track don't count because they're only good live IMO

For this one, no live representations are allowed. Judge solely based on the Rupert Hine-produced album versions (mwahaha)

Good luck :blaze:

My prediction is that Presto will win because there seem to be quite a few here who find a lot of it enjoyable.

Edited by BowlCity

Presto because I personally find it more enjoyable than RTB (excluding Available Light, I can't stand that song). Every time I listen to RTB I just can't really get into it, but I love Face Up and Where's My Thing, the rest is kinda weak.
  • Like 1

Presto because I personally find it more enjoyable than RTB (excluding Available Light, I can't stand that song).

I WANT TO MARRY THIS GIRL!!!!!!

chill

• Like 2

Presto all the way! One of my personal favourite Rush albums.
  • Like 2

I'm a bit surprised by the results. I knew that RTB doesn't get much love from the hardcore fans, but I am surprised that the equally thin sounding Presto, which has far fewer brilliant moments than RTB, is more liked.
  • Like 1

I'm a bit surprised by the results. I knew that RTB doesn't get much love from the hardcore fans, but I am surprised that the equally thin sounding Presto, which has far fewer brilliant moments than RTB, is more liked.

If Rush is the mainstream's "cult band", the Presto seems to be the Rush fan's "cult album".

• Like 2

If Rush is the mainstream's "cult band", the Presto seems to be the Rush fan's "cult album".

I always thought of Counterparts that way, but I think you're right on this.

• Like 1

I think it is just less disliked. :huh:

• Like 2

Once again, Presto. While Presto has some terrible songs, they're at least all listenable, and I have listened to the whole album a few times without ever thinking " oh my god shut this off now". The same can't be said of Roll The Bones; I don't think I have ever listened to Face Up, Neurotica, or You Bet Your Life all the way through...
  • Like 1

Definitely Presto. In the past this may have been a tougher decision, and I might have even said RTB. Lately though, I've realized that there aren't really any songs that blow me away on RTB, but Presto has a few really fantastic songs: Show Don't Tell, The Pass, Presto, War Paint, Available Light
  • Like 1

Definitely Presto. In the past this may have been a tougher decision, and I might have even said RTB. Lately though, I've realized that there aren't really any songs that blow me away on RTB, but Presto has a few really fantastic songs: Show Don't Tell, The Pass, Presto, War Paint, Available Light

Chain Lightning, Scars, Hand Over Fist, Scars...