Do you remember your first.....

Narps

my mom bought this for me when I was in 2nd grade :)

http://assets-s3.rollingstone.com/assets/images/album_review/led-zeppelin-ii-1400175028.jpg

• Like 3

My first album was ABBA Gold. Blew me away.

My earliest album purchase that I remember was Kylie Minogue, Fever, when I was ten.

Bear in mind I was young, my parents considered Cliff Richard a musical genius, and within four years my head was being blown apart by the joys of prog and metal. I had to start somewhere...and I started my musical life with a hiccup...

Edited by Segue Myles

First album I ever bought with my own money was Kiss Love Gun,first one as a gift was Kiss Destroyer.Anyone see a pattern?Anyway, say what you will about Kiss they shaped my taste in music.Even though my choices have matured a little since then.I think I was 12.Wow!
  • Like 1

my mom bought this for me when I was in 2nd grade :)

http://assets-s3.rollingstone.com/assets/images/album_review/led-zeppelin-ii-1400175028.jpg

That's very sweet of her. My mother bought me Hemispheres for Christmas in '82. That album is special to me for that reason and I think of her whenever I hear it.

It also rocks! :haz: :)

• Like 1

The first album that really had an impact on me was Thriller. It was pretty much my youth soundtrack. The first album I ever bought was Conspiracy Of One by The Offspring. I was only 14, so not too bad.

First Rush album was Fly By Night, but they didn't really blow me away until I bought my second Rush album, A Farewell to Kings. I can't even remember the amount of times I listened to Xanadu in my car when driving back and forth to university.

• Like 1

Simple. Do you remember the first album you ever bought or at least the first that really had an impact in your life.

I believe the first album I bought (or more likely begged my mom to buy for me) was:

http://mlm-s1-p.mlstatic.com/jaws-tiburon-cd-soundtrack-pelicula-jaws-tiburon-2640-MLM2552908473_032012-F.jpg

• Like 1

http://theoriginalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/elton_john_goodbye-yellow_brick_road.jpg

Those shoes!

*click click* there's no place like home! There's no place like home!

• Like 1

The first album I heard that kinda got me interested in albums was Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel .

But this album was the first I bought and set me off to find more of the same

http://cdn.americansongwriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/paul_mccartney_26_wings-band_on_the_run_album_cover.jpg

• Like 5

1st albums listened to: Fresh Cream by Cream and Are You Expeirenced by JHE. Sneaked up stairs to my older sister's room to play them on her crappy little record player.

1st album bought: The MC 5-Kick Out the Jams

1st CD bought: The Bob Seger Sytem (aka Ramblin' Gamblin' Man), after wearing out my vinyl LP.

I think the album that truly changed my life and got me hooked and addicted to music was a cassete tape my dad had of ABBA Gold.

Does this count?

I think the album that truly changed my life and got me hooked and addicted to music was a cassete tape my dad had of ABBA Gold.

Does this count?

Does this count?

I will check with the members but I don't think so... :)

http://theoriginalsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/elton_john_goodbye-yellow_brick_road.jpg

Me too. I was in the 3rd grade. My older brother had bought EJ's Greatest Hits which became an obsession. Saved up my allowance and bought this.

• Like 1

I remember some albums that I received as gifts, but I didn't even know of the bands until I saw the records:

Kansas - Point of Know Return

ELO - Out of the Blue

The first one I bought myself may have been Cheap Trick's Heaven Tonight, although (do I even want to admit this?) I clearly remember buying the Bay City Roller's 45 of Saturday Night.

"I clearly remember buying the Bay City Roller's 45 of Saturday Night." -- I did too. Can't imagine what I was thinking. My younger brother bought Hey Jude backed by Revolution at the same time and I actually mocked him for buying "pop music." Granted, it was my job being an older brother to ridicule and belittle him, and do what I could to make sure he grows up into an insecure and troubled adult, but still, was I out to lunch. Oy Vey.

Does this count?

Does this count?

I will check with the members but I don't think so... :)

Members, plural?! No wonder you walk funny!

Does this count?

Ive been on an ABBA kick this week................. :ph34r:

Does this count?

Ive been on an ABBA kick this week................. :ph34r:

Nothing to be ashamed about! The best pop band ever!

• Like 1