Vapor Trails VS Vapor Trails Remixed VS Vapor Trails Unmasters

YYZumbi

43 members have voted

1. 1. Vapor Trails VS Vapor Trails Remixed VS Vapor Trails Unmasters

• Vapor Trails
    • Vapor Trails Remixed
    • Vapor Trails Unmasters

The remix is better, but it still can't completely overcome the unforgiveable schoolboy error that was made in the studio by recording everything too"hot"

I picked the original snap, crackle, and pop one. Sorry, but although the remix makes it sound better, Alex interrupted some key moments in songs I like by adding a guitar part to them (i.e. Ceiling Unlimited during a damn good Peart ride cymbal section and Out of the Cradle towards the end) and the mood is lost.

I heard those unmasters.......and i think it made matter worse, lol. So now i have 3 versions of an album i don't like.

That's healthy right?

Mick

You are a trooper I will give you that. Both versions induce a headache. Some good songs made to sound lousy....

I heard those unmasters.......and i think it made matter worse, lol. So now i have 3 versions of an album i don't like.

That's healthy right?

Mick

You are a trooper I will give you that. Both versions induce a headache. Some good songs made to sound lousy....

Well friend at least you are still anti-VT. We lost Segue. we need to hang in there, lol

I'm not even talking production. It's the song writing. it sucks monkey balls. and the lack of dynamics but you know already.

Mick

I think the RM is decent except for that damn kick drum that seems to be right in the front of the mix. It's really annoying.

My problem with the kick is that it seems like there's a loud, high-pitched click every time it sounds. The material however redeems the album for me, minus OOTC.

I think the RM is decent except for that damn kick drum that seems to be right in the front of the mix. It's really annoying.

My problem with the kick is that it seems like there's a loud, high-pitched click every time it sounds. The material however redeems the album for me, minus OOTC.

Right, the click. All I can figure is that it's the way it was recorded. They must have had the microphone right next to the pedal.

for me Remixed has that annoying slapping sound on most of the songs!!!

Think you're talking about the kick drum.

Whats the buzzing/distorted sound I hear Eaglemoon?.....

Can you specify exactly where you hear it? Chances are it's probably guitar.

Not really. It appears to come from everywhere but I think it is guitar related. I think the guitar is distorted and not in a good way.... :huh:

Not really. It appears to come from everywhere but I think it is guitar related. I think the guitar is distorted and not in a good way.... :huh:

I was listening to Freeze yesterday and I noticed that there seems to be a lot of sonic overlapping with the bass, drums and guitar. That would have a great deal to do with how it was mixed but some of it has to do with with what the producer has to work with. I think because the kick drum is so high in the mix that it's conflicting with Geddys bass. The guitars are so distorted that it just sounds like static/noise a lot of the time.

• Like 3

I was listening to Freeze yesterday and I noticed that there seems to be a lot of sonic overlapping with the bass, drums and guitar. That would have a great deal to do with how it was mixed but some of it has to do with with what the producer has to work with. I think because the kick drum is so high in the mix that it's conflicting with Geddys bass. The guitars are so distorted that it just sounds like static/noise a lot of the time.

It can come from excessive filtering of the guitar layers. If you remove too much bas from the guitar, you're left with a puddle of mid-tone frequencies.

It can come from excessive filtering of the guitar layers. If you remove too much bas from the guitar, you're left with a puddle of mid-tone frequencies.

That's true, but you can't have too much bass in the guitar because it will overlap the bass frequency. It's a balancing act.

• Like 1

That's true, but you can't have too much bass in the guitar because it will overlap the bass frequency. It's a balancing act.

Exactly. It's a balancing act.

• Like 1

Presto went one way, VT went the other. It's quite clear which is worse...

• Like 1

Presto went one way, VT went the other. It's quite clear which is worse...

Underline clear..... :)
  • Like 1