Snakes & Arrows VS Vapor Trails Remixed

YYZumbi

66 members have voted

1. 1. Snakes & Arrows VS Vapor Trails Remixed

• Snakes & Arrows
    • Vapor Trails Remixed

I just want to say that I think Snakes and Arrows is a solid album.

But VT has so much emotion, and the energy, rawness and songwriting is top notch! Sure, it took me a while to warm to it, but it the best Rush album of the last twenty-five years. Maybe even more!

• Like 3

I don't like the VT remix. And everyone knows what I think about S&A. So I won't vote.

:cheerleader: :madra:
  • Like 1

Loving vt remixed still playing it all the time, just so much variety in that album i can go for an hours walk with it on my headphones and never bored by a single note.

My only problem with vt remixed, and i've mentioned it before, is the unbelievable crackling in various parts of peaceable kingdom, which i cant believe was a deliberate addition to the track and isnt on the original. I mean if that crackling noise was an error in sound prodution the engineer or producer or whoever responsible needs an arse kickin. Great album giving a fresh take on an already brilliant piece of work, spoiled in part by a probably ridiculous oversight. The remixed One Little Victory in particular is awesome and geds sublime bass in both ghost rider & the end of secret touch just oozes character.

Only other rush i listening to right now are 4 or 5 awesome tracks from CA like bu2b but the album as a whole doesnt touch vt remixed imo.

Snakes and arrows maybe a bit dated for me but is still quality obviously

• Like 1

Easily Vapor Trails, still their best album since Power Windows. S&A is pretty good, but somehow got boring rather quickly, probably because most songs are too similar and too mellow. Only Far Cry and the Instrumentals really stand out. VT isn't perfect, but the instrumental work is simply the most creative and exciting they have done in a long time. And all the songs are at least good.
  • Like 3

I've always liked Vapor Trails better anyway. And actually, I haven't even listened to the remix. So…yeah. One Little Victory, Earthshine, Vapor Trail, Ghost Rider, Secret Touch, How It Is…I mean, come on! There's no way that can compare to Far Cry, Malignant Narcissism, and a bunch of background noise. VT by a mile!
  • Like 2

This is a real battle of the heavyweights :sarcastic:

I suppose, if forced to choose, I'd go with S&A...because it's about 5 mins shorter

• Like 1

Snakes and Arrows has Far Cry and Workin' Them Angels which are excellent songs, it also has a few other very solid ones and a bunch of samey sounding blandness.

VT (remixed or otherwise) has a bunch of songs that would have sounded really good if they didn't botch the recording. That being said, Nocturne, Vapor Trail and a few others are still very enjoyable. My copy of VT has spent a lot more time in the car than Snakes has (which was only in a CD player once so I could rip it to my computer).

Tough choice...so I'm going to roll a D3. The outcome is 2. VT it is.

VT by a landslide....I saw combined both tours 13 times. I just could not get into SA the album just did not click with me I got bored way to easy. Just kept skipping to the next song till thankfully I reached the end. It may grow on me later but i haven't listened to it some years that growth may take some time. VT is in my top 5 RUSH albums.

Tie. I can't stand them for different reasons.....

Tie. I like them for different reasons.

You're always so negative, Narp.

No he isn't! He has been positive about a lot of the songs on the post PoW albums lately! Get up to date blad!

• Like 2

Vapor Trails Remixed.

I actually hated the original VT. Bad production can ruin an album for me. The remix was superbly done. Some songs lost a little character (the new "Freeze" was a notable letdown) and I still think "Out of the Cradle" is their worst song to date, but the difference in sound is night and day, and the new production takes the songs out of demo mode and make them sound finish.

I feel like we have the final vision of what VT was supposed to be, and it's a triumphant record. S&A doesn't even come close.

• Like 1

This is very easy...S&A has Far Cry and the instrumentals, and everything else melts into one song of mid-tempo snooze fests. VT is power, with great songs of loss and great lyrics. This isn't close.
  • Like 4