Permanent Waves VS Moving Pictures

YYZumbi

78 members have voted

1. 1. Permanent Waves VS Moving Pictures

I won't argue against anyone picking Permanent Waves. What's the point? Personally, I think Moving Pictures is the better album. Better songs. Better production. Better pacing. And it simply means more to me on so many levels.
  • Like 1

I won't argue against anyone picking Permanent Waves. What's the point? Personally, I think Moving Pictures is the better album. Better songs. Better production. Better pacing. And it simply means more to me on so many levels.

Agreed. I actually find PeW a touch forgettable. Great...but nothing lingers in my mind once it is over.

Agreed. I actually find PeW a touch forgettable. Great...but nothing lingers in my mind once it is over.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/shingekinokyojin/images/7/7d/Jaw-drop.jpg

http://www.theboredmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/wpid-jaw-drop.png

hqdefault.jpg

11-jaw-dropping-quotes-from-people-who-want-to-lo-2-17001-1398715767-26_dblbig.jpg

• Like 1

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/shingekinokyojin/images/7/7d/Jaw-drop.jpg

http://www.theboredmind.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/wpid-jaw-drop.png

hqdefault.jpg

11-jaw-dropping-quotes-from-people-who-want-to-lo-2-17001-1398715767-26_dblbig.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iUzPp2lv14&sns=em

• Like 1

PERMANENT WAVES ! No tie-break, penalties or photo finish needed.

Though I love both albums tremendously much, I would agree with this...but I've listened to Moving Pictures some more just over the past couple of days, and...I just don't know...

Hmmm...not a bad problem to have, though, I don't think.

At first, I thought this poll was going to be tough, but after about....30 seconds, it really wasn't. Permanent Waves wins hands down; I've grown REALLY tired of Moving Pictures since it's sssooooo overplayed. Natural Science was absolutely amazing when I first heard it, and Free Will is one of my favorite Rush songs ever. The rest of the album is overlooked too.
  • Like 1

In this "Feedback" section of the forums, there is, and has been the same voting thread. I've thought, and felt that both c.ds, and albums shouldn't have the need to be compared by voting because of being equal, and even. Therefore, shouldn't have to be deciding by voting. Edited by Derek19

Both albums are perfect RUSH to my ears, with Moving Pictures having the best production value. Permanent Waves has a bit more edge to it and doesn't suffer from the MP overplay factor, so it gets the nod.

Permanent Waves easily.

None of MP's quartets of songs can touch this PeW's quartet: Natural Science, Freewill, The Spirit of Radio and Jacob's Ladder.

Agreed. My four from MP would be Limelight, Camera Eye, Red Barchetta and...Tom Sawyer or YYZ. Those last two really, really suffer from overplay for me. Kind of sad because they're amazing.

MP's weakest point is Witch Hunt, while PeW has Jacob's Ladder (good, not great), Natural Science (ditto) and Different Strings (at best just ok). MP is the clear winner.

What??? Natural Science is not a strong point of the album?

Geez, the crack addicts were definitely a thing back in 2014.

MP's weakest point is Witch Hunt, while PeW has Jacob's Ladder (good, not great), Natural Science (ditto) and Different Strings (at best just ok). MP is the clear winner.

And yet you don’t understand why people love Xanadu.

• Like 1

And yet you don’t understand why people love Xanadu.

um..

:outtahere: