Caress Of Steel VS 2112

YYZumbi

70 members have voted

1. 1. Caress Of Steel VS 2112

• Caress Of Steel

2112, simply because it has more good songs than Caress of Steel.

2112 and Something For Nothing are fantastic, while Bangkok and Tears are good tracks. Not a fan of Lessons or Twilight Zone.

Caress of Steel has one FANTASTIC song (Fountain of Lamneth), but Bastille Day and The Necromancer aren't stuff I'll go out of my way to listen to. I'd be happy if they never wrote Lakeside Park or I Think I'm Goin' Bald.

This is a tough choice as well. I guess I'm going to go with 2112 mainly because the title song is so epic. CoS is an awesome album but I don't think it's quite up to the same level as 2112.

COS. Albums should be complete experiences which COS is. 2112. You got the great title track and a lackluster 2nd side. Save for Bangkok.

Mick

That hurt a little...... :sigh:
  • Like 5

Caress of Steel. Never cared much for side two of 2112, I find none of the songs more than just good. COS has 2 oustanding epics plus a great opener, a pretty good mellow tune and a decent rocker with I Think I'm Going Bald, which is only hated so much because people take the tongue-in-cheek lyrics too seriously. I really don't see how Lessons or much of Fly by Night (not to speak of the debut) is much better than that song.

COS. Albums should be complete experiences which COS is. 2112. You got the great title track and a lackluster 2nd side. Save for Bangkok.

Mick

That hurt a little...... :sigh:

Sorry.......i says what i feel. Hugs.

Mick

CoS.

Too much filler on 2112. The title epic, Bangkok, and Something for Nothing are great, but man, I can't do the rest of it. I think it's easily the most overrated Rush album and have for a long time.

• Like 2

Love both of them, but Caress of Steel is one I always listen to all the way through, and listen again for days. The 2112 epic always lost me after Presentation. I love side 2 though.

Caress gets my vote.

Like the CoS v. Hemispheres battle, this puts two of my favorites against each other. FoL and 2112 are a wash, but I love The Necromancer, Bastille Day and Lakeside park just a smidge more than Bangkok, SFN and Lessons.
  • Like 1

2112 wins by a landslide. Caress of Steel just…sucks. Bastille Day is great, but each song gets exponentially worse after that. As for 2112, you just can't beat that title track. And side two is decent also.