YYZ vs La Villa Strangiato

Bigbobby10

YYZ vs La Villa Strangiato  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better YYZ or La Villa Strangiato

• YYZ
    • La Villa Strangiato

Definitely La Villa Strangiato. My all-time favorite instrumental.
  • Like 3

La Villa...not even close. Honesty, I kind of hate the main riff to YYZ, the bass fills and the guitar solo save it
  • Like 1

I'd take the experience of YYZ live in Rio over just about any song, but that still didn't get me to vote for that great song.
  • Like 2

Wow...I love both of these...I cannot choose so I went for the first onebi had ever heard, which was YYZ.

BTW guys, after all my critical posts regarding Hemispheres, I have decided, like Vapor Trails and Power Windows, I need to give this album another shot!

Come on, i dont mind these contest polls one track versus another etc, but this one didnt need to be asked :)

Like YYZ obviously a great little rush number that rightly deserves its place in rush history but no. Just no. you cant even begin to compare it with the great la villa, the greatest rock instrumental ever, by anybody.

Nothing personal, i get the enthusiasm.

• Like 2

Alex on LA Villa, but Geddy and Neil on YYZ.

YYZ for me. Its more concise. I can get a very strong dose of Rush in a short (relatively) shot. This has always been a tough choice for me.

• Like 2

YYZ is rousing and fun, but La Villa is an anfractuous journey spanning curiosity, thoughtfulness, unease and determination, and finishing at exuberance. As much as I love YYZ (and proudly display it on my licence plate!), it's not a hard choice for me at all.
  • Like 1

YYZ for me. Its more concise. I can get a very strong dose of Rush in a short (relatively) shot. This has always been a tough choice for me.

Neil and Geddy both play so much better on La Villa. I mean...that f***ing hi hat is crazy, and Geddy's bass solo!

Neil and Geddy both play so much better on La Villa. I mean...that f***ing hi hat is crazy, and Geddy's bass solo!

We get a drum solo on YYZ ( at least on ESL). Geddy's little be-bop solo on La Villa is awesome :haz: but I like his riff and groove better on YYZ.

Edited by CygnusGal
  • Like 2

YYZ is rousing and fun, but La Villa is an anfractuous journey spanning curiosity, thoughtfulness, unease and determination, and finishing at exuberance. As much as I love YYZ (and proudly display it on my licence plate!), it's not a hard choice for me at all.

Ooh, nice plate! It's better than mine (X1YYZ) and even though I also have a YYZ plate I agree that LVS is just a better song. As another poster said earlier, it's the best rock instrumental ever!

• Like 1