Worst Moment on a Rush Album

savagegrace26

Worst Moment on a Rush Album  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst moment ever recorded on a Rush album?

• I need...I need some LOVE!
    • Hey baby it's a quarter to eight!
    • Take yourself a friend!
    • Lying in the warm grass feel the sun upon your...
    • I think...I think I'm going bald..
    • As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky the three travelers men of Willowdale emerge from the forest shadow...etc
    • Look up to see a giant boy...you've just become his brand new toy
    • In the constellation of Cygnus there lurks a mysterious invisible force: the black hole of Cygnus X-1
    • Seems to me it's chemistry
    • 1001001 S.O.S.
    • I see red...
    • When China sang to me...
    • Boys and girls together...
    • Superconductor...superconductor...
    • There's a snake coming out of the darkness...
    • Jack...relax...Get busy with the facts...
    • Face Up...
    • All the crap we had to take
    • It's just Exotica...Neurotica
    • You bet your life!
    • Stick It Out!
    • I knew he was different in his sexuality
    • We'd elect each other president!
    • At the speed of love!
    • So tight!
    • Tough-talking hood boys in pro-team logo knock-offs
    • Half the world lies Half the world learns Half the world flies As half the world turns
    • When all the bones are buried there is barely time to go outside and play
    • Dog years...for every sad son of a bitch
    • Dog years...with his tail between his ears
    • Net boy...net girl...send your signal 'round the world
    • Limbo
    • And the stars look down...
    • wooahhh...woooahhh...If we're so much the same like I always hear...
    • Where is the wave that will carry me...a little closer to you?...where is the wave that will carry me
    • I like that song about this wonderful world It's got a sunny point of view and sometimes I feel it's true..
    • All that you can do is wish them well...
    • Other (explain)

"In the constellation of Cygnus there lurks a mysterious invisible force: the black hole of Cygnus X-1" :o

That needs to be under the "Best moments" poll!!

As grey traces of dawn etc..... also :smash:

I know, crazy!

"In the constellation of Cygnus there lurks a mysterious invisible force: the black hole of Cygnus X-1" :o

That needs to be under the "Best moments" poll!!

As grey traces of dawn etc..... also :smash:

I know, crazy!

People have criticized these narrative moments more than once which is why they are included. I can take them or leave them.

My least fave Rush album is RTB. But the first three tracks are sublime! Rap and all!

Shut up is that a bad moment...

I have to go for Superconductor...I really hate those backing vocals, they sound so cheap! honestly the only thing holding that album from being top five...

...and the "boys and girls together" bit is insanely amazing! Go and get stuffed is that bad!

runners up are the quotes from face up, neurotica and you bet your life. those three songs are the worst in the whole of the Rush discography.

I picked the beginning of Cygnus only because they should've used another effect for that voice, it hurts my ears they way they did it. .. But then the song starts.. :)

Also, Should specify if it's that lyric that ruins the song or just that particular moment as a whole!

I picked the beginning of Cygnus only because they should've used another effect for that voice, it hurts my ears they way they did it. .. But then the song starts.. :)

Also, Should specify if it's that lyric that ruins the song or just that particular moment as a whole!

That's up to you to decide...this is a loose poll.

22 way tie, once for each time the lyrics half the world appear in Rush's worst song.

It can be anything...geddy's yodeling in bravest face (that's why I can included that part), a cheesy synth sound, Geddy's choirs, the way Geddy sings a specific lyric. That's why I included "other".

Hate to say it but "grey trances of dawn.." might just be my second choice.. Because it, with the Cygnus one are the worst moments in the best songs! That makes them even worse in my opinion..

22 way tie, once for each time the lyrics half the world appear in Rush's worst song.

Damn. "I see red" is better aye? :)

Red Lenses is awful...

I agree.....
  • Like 3

Half the World is as repetitive as a golf broadcast when Tiger Woods is playing... :P

• Like 2

Red Lenses is awful...

I agree.....

The creative drumming, the bass, the funkiness? Come on. The lyrics aren't great (actually the lyrics don't matter at all in this one) but the song is unique and interesting. It's almost like a precurser to Scars. I love when Neil does those funky rhythms.

• Like 2

The night is turning thin, the saints are turning to sin

There is no safe seat at the feast, take your best stab at the beast

Tic and Tic in atomic

How did Anagram not make this poll? Probably didn't come to mind. :unsure:

I think that oversight indicates the natural winner of this poll.

It did make the poll...

It is in there: "There's a snake coming out of the darkness..." I couldn't pinpoint one part that could be considered particularly bad but I know there are people who hate it. I personally like the entire song.

Yes, I see you're right...I missed the Anagram. ;)

Apparently a good portion of that song has been burned from my brain.

Phew... :)

ETA: vote changed accordingly

Edited by CygnusGal

Red Lenses is awful...

I agree.....

The creative drumming, the bass, the funkiness? Come on. The lyrics aren't great (actually the lyrics don't matter at all in this one) but the song is unique and interesting. It's almost like a precurser to Scars. I love when Neil does those funky rhythms.

Or Terrtories. I like the song too, though I understand that if one focuses more on the lyrics and less on the music, they would dislike eh song. Personally, I agree: the lyrics don't really matter on this song; it's more about the music, which, while paling in comparison to the rest of P/G, is quite interesting by itself and paved the way for the likes of Territories or Scars.

• Like 1

Red Lenses is awful...

I agree.....

Or Terrtories. I like the song too, though I understand that if one focuses more on the lyrics and less on the music, they would dislike eh song. Personally, I agree: the lyrics don't really matter on this song; it's more about the music, which, while paling in comparison to the rest of P/G, is quite interesting by itself and paved the way for the likes of Territories or Scars.

Yes, I was going to mention Territories (which has great lyrics). And even The Weapon which is really unique too.

• Like 2

why is there nothing from Hold Your Fire? Tai Shan is probably their worst moment.
  • Like 1

why is there nothing from Hold Your Fire? Tai Shan is probably their worst moment.

There is. "When China sang to me"........ :)

damn I didn't see it! oh well, I chose a line from Dog Years, that's pretty bad too.

damn I didn't see it! oh well, I chose a line from Dog Years, that's pretty bad too.

You can't go wrong either way. I went with net boy, net girl..... :facepalm:
  • Like 1