Worst Moment on a Rush Album

savagegrace26

Worst Moment on a Rush Album  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What is the worst moment ever recorded on a Rush album?

• I need...I need some LOVE!
    • Hey baby it's a quarter to eight!
    • Take yourself a friend!
    • Lying in the warm grass feel the sun upon your...
    • I think...I think I'm going bald..
    • As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky the three travelers men of Willowdale emerge from the forest shadow...etc
    • Look up to see a giant boy...you've just become his brand new toy
    • In the constellation of Cygnus there lurks a mysterious invisible force: the black hole of Cygnus X-1
    • Seems to me it's chemistry
    • 1001001 S.O.S.
    • I see red...
    • When China sang to me...
    • Boys and girls together...
    • Superconductor...superconductor...
    • There's a snake coming out of the darkness...
    • Jack...relax...Get busy with the facts...
    • Face Up...
    • All the crap we had to take
    • It's just Exotica...Neurotica
    • You bet your life!
    • Stick It Out!
    • I knew he was different in his sexuality
    • We'd elect each other president!
    • At the speed of love!
    • So tight!
    • Tough-talking hood boys in pro-team logo knock-offs
    • Half the world lies Half the world learns Half the world flies As half the world turns
    • When all the bones are buried there is barely time to go outside and play
    • Dog years...for every sad son of a bitch
    • Dog years...with his tail between his ears
    • Net boy...net girl...send your signal 'round the world
    • Limbo
    • And the stars look down...
    • wooahhh...woooahhh...If we're so much the same like I always hear...
    • Where is the wave that will carry me...a little closer to you?...where is the wave that will carry me
    • I like that song about this wonderful world It's got a sunny point of view and sometimes I feel it's true..
    • All that you can do is wish them well...
    • Other (explain)

I have yet to listen to every Rush album but from 1974 to 1991, Neurotica is by far their worst song imo.

Have you listened to the ones from 91' on? If so, sorry. You might want to continue your quest prior to 91' until completed... ;)

I have yet to listen to every Rush album but from 1974 to 1991, Neurotica is by far their worst song imo.

Have you listened to the ones from 91' on? If so, sorry. You might want to continue your quest prior to 91' until completed... ;)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, my English isn't very good. The only Rush albums I haven't listened to are : Counterparts, Test For Echo, Vapor Trails, Snakes & Arrows. Although I've already heard a few songs from these albums.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, my English isn't very good. The only Rush albums I haven't listened to are : Counterparts, Test For Echo, Vapor Trails, Snakes & Arrows.

Perfect. You are good then. Listen to them if you feel the need though... :)
  • Like 1

Are you sure you didn't skip PoW and HYF?

Sure :D You're probably thinking about Tai Shan from HYF ? I like that song a lot actually, I don't like High Water though. What were you thinking for PoW ?

Edited by Tuesday's Gone

Sure :D You're probably thinking about Tai Shan from HYF ? I like that song a lot actually, I don't like High Water though. What were you thinking for PoW ?

I actually like Tai Shan, too. High Water is atrocious, though, as are Territories and Mystic Rhythms. And I like Neurotica more than about half of the songs on PoW and 1/3 of HYF.

Net boy Net girl...message in a modem

I probably would've enjoyed it if I'd been alive back in '96, but unfortunately I listened to this song for the first time just earlier this year...so, so, darn dated...much more than the cheesy eighties synths of the entire synth era.

• Like 2

I probably would've enjoyed it if I'd been alive back in '96, but unfortunately I listened to this song for the first time just earlier this year...so, so, darn dated...much more than the cheesy eighties synths of the entire synth era.

Yeah it was no big deal when it came out. I think people get more riled up over the "boy" and "girl" rather than anything else.

I actually like Tai Shan, too. High Water is atrocious, though, as are Territories and Mystic Rhythms. And I like Neurotica more than about half of the songs on PoW and 1/3 of HYF.

You are wrong about those two as well so I don't feel as bad.

Yeah it was no big deal when it came out. I think people get more riled up over the "boy" and "girl" rather than anything else.

The words "boy" and "girl" weren't an issue with me:

While Virtuality may not have the worst actual words, I picked it because the phrases they used were never used in the tech world. Not only were they instantly dated, they made the band seem like technology amateurs just regurgitating buzzwords they read in a magazine. The lyrics are the sort of thing that people knowing nothing about the Internet would use, and that is atrocious.

The words "boy" and "girl" weren't an issue with me:

While Virtuality may not have the worst actual words, I picked it because the phrases they used were never used in the tech world. Not only were they instantly dated, they made the band seem like technology amateurs just regurgitating buzzwords they read in a magazine. The lyrics are the sort of thing that people knowing nothing about the Internet would use, and that is atrocious.

Those two words seem to get the most comments, along with modem, which is still in use today.

So we agree about HYF. I like everything on Power Windows. Territories and Mystic Rhythms are some of the best songs from the album imo. Now I must be honest and say that I have only listened to Roll The Bones once whereas I've listened to POW and HYF many times. Sometimes, it takes me a few listens before I start enjoying some songs so it's possible that I'm being unfair when I say that Neurotica's my least favorite. But I think it's one of these songs I'll never enjoy.

Though there's better choices, I put "Net Boy / Net Girl" for mine mainly for the reason that Virtuality is friggin' KILLER musically but that chorus.. OH THAT CHORUS.. And really, the verses aren't bad at all. And the melody is good too. Oh man, poor Alex's mega riff of the ages just murdered by a pen gone awry :(

For those the lyrics that killed the song..

Bell tolls for thee

Bell tolls for thee

• Like 1

Neurotica's right there with the worst of them. It's not quite as bad as Face Up though.

What you don't like those keyboard leads??

Dee dee dee dee

(If I could only blah blah something inside)

Dee dee dee dee Doo doo doo doo

(If I could only something blah inside)

Dee dee dee dee

(If I could only blah blah, reach around)

DOO DOO DOO DOO

FACE UP!!

• Like 2

Virtuality without shadow of a doubt of all mankind. They should be absolutely embarassed they released such an atrocity. Even worse? They played this shit live...for a whole tour.

They did?! :scared: While Virtuality may not have the worst actual words, I picked it because the phrases they used were never used in the tech world. Not only were they instantly dated, they made the band seem like technology amateurs just regurgitating buzzwords they read in a magazine. The lyrics are the sort of thing that people knowing nothing about the Internet would use, and that is atrocious.

It could have been worse, there could have been an ocean wave intro a'la Natural Science and then a pitch shifted Geddy says "TIME TO SURF THE WORLD WIDE WEB!!"

• Like 1

While these are all admirable choices, I keep coming back to that really weird part in "The Fountain of Lamneth" where Geddy yells "LISTEN!!!" all crazy. WTF?? :wacko:

First time I ever heard that I thought my CD player malfunctioned haha.

Worst moment...hmmm

Avaaaaailablleeeee Lieeggghhttttt

WHAT?? But... NOOOOO!!!

Neurotica's right there with the worst of them. It's not quite as bad as Face Up though.

What you don't like those keyboard leads??

Dee dee dee dee

(If I could only blah blah something inside)

Dee dee dee dee Doo doo doo doo

(If I could only something blah inside)

Dee dee dee dee

(If I could only blah blah, reach around)

DOO DOO DOO DOO

FACE UP!!

:LMAO: